Serenade of the seas

bobandmil

I have booked The Serenade of the Seas for August 26,2018 Copenhagen to Boston. After booked I now only see that the shipped to booked. Does that mean that I will be cancelled a a later date.? I don't understand why a ship to booked over a year out. Thank you.

It's booked because it has a highly unusual itinerary. I'm booked, but I have no idea if I will be able to go and chances actually are that I won't.

It has what I think of as a hopscotch itinerary, which none of the other westbound TA's can come close to. There are 2 single sea days and two stretches of 2 sea days. It stops in Denmark, Norway, Scotland, Iceland, Greenland, and Canada before arriving in Boston.

How did you confirm that the ship is fully booked? Did you call RC to book? Sometimes what shows on line may not be truly correct. For example, travel agents could be holding blocks of rooms.

It's an unusual itinerary so I could see it being a popular cruise and possibly booked. People may cancel their bookings closer to sail and payment date.

Also suggest asking on the Royal Caribbean board for more opinions.

I have booked The Serenade of the Seas for August 26,2018 Copenhagen to Boston. After booked I now only see that the shipped to booked. Does that mean that I will be cancelled a a later date.? I don't understand why a ship to booked over a year out. Thank you.

If you have a reservation number then you are booked on that itinerary. Many ships and itineraries book full - or nearly full - many months in advance. But often there are blocks of rooms held by travel agents that will not show on the website as available, and there are always cancellations prior to final payment that will release additional staterooms. But a unique itinerary such as that would be one likely to book quickly.

I just checked the roll call and the thinking is that RCL is tweaking the itinerary again. I believe Greenland was added before and now I'm seeing "Cruising Prins Christian Sund" which is new.

I'm on the cruise, and the Prins Christian Sund had been on there before the cruise was showing sold out. Most of us on Roll Call are hoping they are tweaking the Iceland time to a longer stay.

This particular cruise is called a "repo" (repositioning cruise) where the ship starts in one port and arrives at another port. Repo cruises are very popular, plus the itinerary is fabulous. Many passengers tack on the cruise before or after and make it a B2B (back-to-back cruise). I am not at all surprised that this cruise is sold out (if, indeed, it is already). Sounds amazing - wish I was going.

This particular cruise is called a "repo" (repositioning cruise) where the ship starts in one port and arrives at another port. Repo cruises are very popular, plus the itinerary is fabulous. Many passengers tack on the cruise before or after and make it a B2B (back-to-back cruise). I am not at all surprised that this cruise is sold out (if, indeed, it is already). Sounds amazing - wish I was going.

This particular cruise is considered a transatlantic cruise. It is not listed as a repo on their website and can be only found under transatlantic sailings. happy cruising

This particular cruise is considered a transatlantic cruise. It is not listed as a repo on their website and can be only found under transatlantic sailings. happy cruising

Which is likely as Ft. Lauderdale looks like the ultimate seasonal home port and this particular itinerary ends in Boston, where it is based for a couple of months before moving to Ft. Lauderdale. If it was a repositioning cruise I would think it would end in Ft. Lauderdale. And it indeed does indicate sold out on the website,

Edited by leaveitallbehind

Thank you (Mike, isn't it?). It's not, but I am dealing with a very serious illness. Oncologist has told me not to travel, so I now live vicariously through everyone here! :D

It is Mike (nice you remembered!) and very sorry to hear. My thoughts and prayers will be with you Karen, and I wish the best for you - and to be back on board again!

So kind, thank you. <3

Karen I just found my way to your post from earlier in March on the D/D+/Pinnacle board to which I had not been subscribed recently. I recall a few years back that you had an episode with your health issues and am very sad to read the details surrounding your current reoccurance.

We have never cruised together that I am aware of - although it would have been to my pleasure to have - but I have benefited as others from your many posts on CC. You are always positive and informative and unlike many - myself included - who are often too quick to criticize, always seem to remain objective and kind. I hope that you will continue to share your view with us for many years to come.

As mentioned before, my thoughts and prayers remain with you in this difficult time and hope to find you back on board once again. Please remain strong and God bless you. I will continue to look for your posts.....

Mike

(With apologies to OP and all who have contributed in this thread - my intent was never to hijack, so I do apologize.)

Thanks again, Mike. Your words are heartfelt and I appreciate it so much. I am going day by day - mostly tired and dealing with the side effects of chemo, but grateful and joyful nonetheless. I know where my eternity lies so I am peaceful going through all of this, but there are some days where I cry it out! My family too! It's been tough.

I like to read and occasionally post on these boards. Cruising is such a wonderful way to vacation - I am so blessed that my husband and I love it equally as much! I admit it is difficult to read some of the, well, more trivial or petty complaint posts... but I try to give grace and know that it is important to the person who posted it. ;)

OK! Cruise on! OP, enjoy your cruise and take lots of pictures. Make lots of wonderful memories.

:)

Really wanted this cruise for our 50th wedding anniversary...was shocked it was sold out so far in advance! What are the chances to snag a cabin closer to sailing? Has anyone done so...and if you have how do you go about it?

Really wanted this cruise for our 50th wedding anniversary...was shocked it was sold out so far in advance! What are the chances to snag a cabin closer to sailing? Has anyone done so...and if you have how do you go about it?

There is some question as to if it really is sold out. Popular opinion seems to think they are tweaking itinerary or some other thing. I would keep checking back. You could check in on the Roll Call also, since some people are really on top of any changes.

Closer to final payment, travel agents will release any cabins that they have that haven't sold. We can't mention them by name, but you could check with large travel agencies to see if they have group space they are holding.