Millennial cruise addicts?

heather9844

Hello! My husband Michael and I are both 26 and love cruising. We love talking about anything regarding ships, watching YouTube ship tour videos, keeping up with the latest industry news, following dry dock schedules and what updates are happening -- you name it! Although we usually sail on Carnival, we are interested in every cruise line and ship and would sail on them all if we could.

But I think our friends and family think we're borderline crazy with how much we love cruising, and I know they get tired of hearing us talk about it every time we're around.

So my question is... Are there any other millennial cruise addicts out there? We'd love to connect with people who share our interest in cruising!!!

Heather :ship:

Hello! My husband Michael and I are both 26 and love cruising. We love talking about anything regarding ships, watching YouTube ship tour videos, keeping up with the latest industry news, following dry dock schedules and what updates are happening -- you name it! Although we usually sail on Carnival, we are interested in every cruise line and ship and would sail on them all if we could.

But I think our friends and family think we're borderline crazy with how much we love cruising, and I know they get tired of hearing us talk about it every time we're around.

So my question is... Are there any other millennial cruise addicts out there? We'd love to connect with people who share our interest in cruising!!!

Heather :ship:

That pretty much describes me haha. My husband and I are 30. Started cruising in our mid twenties and got hooked instantly...specifically longer cruises as we have a big summer break. I am more of a cruise geek than my hubby but we often get disapproving comments and looks when we recommend or talk about it with our friends. Although I have convinced 3 sets families/friends to cruise!

Hubby calls me his little azipod because quite frankly its more 'us' than darling or babe. :D

We also love Carnival but they don't sail to lots of worldwide destinations that we want so starting to prefer Royal these days...want to try NCL also. You will love the Vista!

That pretty much describes me haha. My husband and I are 30. Started cruising in our mid twenties and got hooked instantly...specifically longer cruises as we have a big summer break. I am more of a cruise geek than my hubby but we often get disapproving comments and looks when we recommend or talk about it with our friends. Although I have convinced 3 sets families/friends to cruise!

Hubby calls me his little azipod because quite frankly its more 'us' than darling or babe. :D

We also love Carnival but they don't sail to lots of worldwide destinations that we want so starting to prefer Royal these days...want to try NCL also. You will love the Vista!

Same with us!! We took our first cruise when we were both 23, and now at 26 --and 7 cruises later-- we are just hooked! We even got married on a ship last year. :)

I know what you mean about Carnival. We live in Houston, and the Port of Galveston is only 1 hour away. Carnival has three ships there and Royal has one, so Carnival just has more options at our home port. But we recently decided for future cruises that we want to go to different countries and ports, so we know that will mean different cruise lines because as you said Carnival is pretty limited in their global itineraries! We would love to try NCL next too!

Very good to meet you :) I'm happy to hear that my husband and I aren't the only two cruise addicts our age! I know many people of our parents' generation who love cruising but just no one our age who loves it like we do. Happy sailings to you and your hubby!!!!

cruise addict yes , millennial in mind only. I can't understand why more people aren't addicted. The value compared to a hotel or resort and restaurants etc. what's not to love. So far, Carnival is our favorite we mostly enjoy the entertainment.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

cruise addict yes , millennial in mind only. I can't understand why more people aren't addicted. The value compared to a hotel or resort and restaurants etc. what's not to love. So far, Carnival is our favorite we mostly enjoy the entertainment.

Right?? My husband and I thought about doing a weekend getaway recently but by the time we added up flights and hotel costs alone it was more than a cruise - and that's before food and entertainment costs! In the end we just decided to stay home (and save the money for our next cruise). Also, since when do hotels charge a fee to park in addition to your hotel stay??? It's such robbery!

I can't understand why more people aren't addicted. The value compared to a hotel or resort and restaurants etc. what's not to love.

I have enjoyed my handful of cruises but I doubt it would ever replace my love of land based trips and road trips of up to 3 weeks. The cruise might be less money but the freedom of a car to go wherever you want and to be able to stay where you go as long as you want, will always win in my mind.

So, unless a cruise can bring me to Spokane, Washington for a few days before driving onward to Helena, Montana..... I think most of my trips will be non-Cruise.

I guess it really comes down to what you are looking for in a vacation.

I was just about to wave and shamelessly promote my blog cruisingisntjustforoldpeople.co.uk ;)

But then I realised I know you, hello Heather!!

Emma, I should've known you'd be here on Cruise Critic!!!!! You are my transatlantic cruising soulmate friend! Hahaha