Cruise Wedding Invitations?

dbrown13

I'm curious what everyone decided to do for their cruise invitations?

I was not planning on going all out on the invitations but since our guest list is so short I have been considering doing passport invitations. I'm crafty and OCD so I figured it would be a great project for me :p

Can you share your invitations? Did you make them yourself or order them? If you ordered them who did you use?

If you can post links/images etc to the thread that would be great but if not I'd be happy to see them in email! dianarbrown13@gmail.com

I will email you pictures of our invitations. We ordered the template from Vanessa's destination (wedding passports.com). We printed them and assembled them ourselves. The invitations are done in adobe illustrator and they have YouTube videos to help. They are very friendly and quick to respond to orders or questions.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by hbicfrd

I will email you pictures of our invitations. We ordered the template from Vanessa's destination (wedding passports.com). We printed them and assembled them ourselves. The invitations are done in adobe illustrator and they have YouTube videos to help. They are very friendly and quick to respond to orders or questions.

I have also been considering Vanessa's Destination for my invitations as well. Did you do the design yourselves as well? Did you take them to be printed locally or just have Vanessa and Dave print.

We did "ticket" invitations. They were a lot of work but fun to do! And it was probably a lot of work since we made 65 sets :) Here is the link to the paper crafts I did for our wedding

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2001252

Those turned out great! I was thinking of doing the ticket for the RSVPs. Did you do save the dates yourself as well?

I have also been considering Vanessa's Destination for my invitations as well. Did you do the design yourselves as well? Did you take them to be printed locally or just have Vanessa and Dave print.

We did all the designing ourselves. My FH stepfather owns a printing company so he printed them for us and we put them together. I emailed you the pictures of our invitation and the RSVP. We used the boarding pass as the RSVP and made it front and back so guests could send their required information back.

Edited by hbicfrd

We originally purchased traditional invitations for our embarkation wedding from Zazzle, but when we changed it to at-sea we DIYed boarding pass invitations using Aylees template. They were super easy to make, very affordable (printed them at Staples on our own linen paper), and they were done in just a few hours.

We also used Vanessa's Passport invitations. I had them print and assemble them. I am pretty crafty but the idea of finding paper and a printer plus the stress of assembly made their fee well worth it. They are amazing to work with and have a very quick turn around time. I looked at other passport invitation options but none of them were the quality of Vanessa's and the prices were generally more with a long wait period.

For invititations I found a beautiful design by Carlson Crafts. The card was made with the ceremony info and the reception cards and RSVP are all in theme. We changed the background that is on the pic to coral which is the color of the wedding. See attached :)

image.jpg.679cea8750a12c98a4e60c44af8fa877.jpg

So creative and simple mrstriceasnice! We're emailing our wedding website out to give everyone a heads up on what is going on and then I'm hoping to get Save the Dates ordered or made within the next couple of weeks.

What is everyone's opinion on the time frame for STDs and invites? How early is too early to send these out? What would you recommend?

I am still deciding if I want to go with damask or chandelier's on our save the dates and invites. I found some I love on *****print. I want to get them out by the end of March at the latest so that will give anyone who wants to sail 9 months before final payment.

We did not do invitations, we only invited immediate family and a couple of close friends (21 total guests) so we just told them all about it by phone. We did send formal announcements to more people.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I went DIY crazy on mine. I did boarding pass save the dates, about 10 months before wedding. And I did passport book invites about 3 months before wedding. They ended up being more work than I expected, but I'm also a perfectionist on things like that. But everyone loved them.

IMG_2484.jpg.1e07294b88811aef4168b0c5ce2e77c9.jpg

IMG_2487-edit.jpg.db805b0da1574c62edb471f6d9fc4140.jpg

Nicole those both turned out really nice!!

I'm very much a perfectionist myself and I know that if I take on the invites myself they will take tons of time and effort.

I have been looking at Vanessa's Destination Wedding Invitations and will probably use her to print everything and I'll design it myself.

Nicole those both turned out really nice!!

I'm very much a perfectionist myself and I know that if I take on the invites myself they will take tons of time and effort.

I have been looking at Vanessa's Destination Wedding Invitations and will probably use her to print everything and I'll design it myself.

Yeah, I'm a perfectionist too. These were VERY time consuming and certainly didn't save me any money. I probably worked on the passport invites on and off for nearly 6 months, getting them just right. I even had all my save the dates printed and cut, decided I didn't really like the paper, threw them out and reprinted them entirely. Luckily, I only had 25 invites otherwise it would have been an impossible task for me. But, it was definitely a lot of work for something that people look at then throw away. I did get compliments on them, but aside from my parents, all the hard work just went in the trash after people looked at them, so I'm not sure it was worth all the stress.

Yeah, I'm a perfectionist too. These were VERY time consuming and certainly didn't save me any money. I probably worked on the passport invites on and off for nearly 6 months, getting them just right. I even had all my save the dates printed and cut, decided I didn't really like the paper, threw them out and reprinted them entirely. Luckily, I only had 25 invites otherwise it would have been an impossible task for me. But, it was definitely a lot of work for something that people look at then throw away. I did get compliments on them, but aside from my parents, all the hard work just went in the trash after people looked at them, so I'm not sure it was worth all the stress.

That's a good point! I will likely just have them made and skip the stress. Even though they do just get thrown away it might be the one thing people remember that stands out (besides a cruise wedding :D)

I was also thinking the same thing about OOT bags... I think they are a nice gesture, however, many friends are saying they may not even get used and it would be wasted effort and money. I definitely want to be thoughtful of my guests but I'm trying to decide if some of the items are worth it or not.

I'm curious what everyone decided to do for their cruise invitations?

I was not planning on going all out on the invitations but since our guest list is so short I have been considering doing passport invitations. I'm crafty and OCD so I figured it would be a great project for me :p

Can you share your invitations? Did you make them yourself or order them? If you ordered them who did you use?

If you can post links/images etc to the thread that would be great but if not I'd be happy to see them in email! dianarbrown13@gmail.com

We ordered boarding pass invites and they were incredible. The company was "Invitations by Dawn".