Getting back to Hobby

Denversail

So I booked all our precruise stuff but didn't really bother with anything heading back to Hobby. Is this a mistake? We will either do self assist or I assume be in an early depart group (we are Diamond). Will we have issues just grabbing a shuttle or cab back to the airport? Our flight is at 1:55.

The RCL transfers are $32 per person per way. Booking RCL transfers will get you off the ship quickly. The only problem is you will likely arrive at Hobby too early to check your bags. You may have to wait several hours at Hobby until they will let you check in.

We were planning on doing Uber both ways. But now that Uber can no longer pick up in Galveston we're going to try to take Uber there and cab it back to Hobby. We're trying to catch the 10:40am Denver flight, so we'll do self-assist early and just hop in a cab. For us it's whatever will get us out of the port quickest and on the way to the airport, so taxi it is. If we miss the flight, you might see us trying to get stand-by on your flight:eek:.

We were planning on doing Uber both ways. But now that Uber can no longer pick up in Galveston we're going to try to take Uber there and cab it back to Hobby. We're trying to catch the 10:40am Denver flight, so we'll do self-assist early and just hop in a cab. For us it's whatever will get us out of the port quickest and on the way to the airport, so taxi it is. If we miss the flight, you might see us trying to get stand-by on your flight:eek:.

You are brave. I got heat from people in our group saying the 1:55 flight might be too early. Good luck!

• 1 year later...
Can we book an RCL transfer onboard?

We did the RCCL transfer to Hobby. Although I pre-booked it via Costco, they were offering this on ship. I found the transfer well organized and convenient. It isn't the cheapest option but it is cheaper than the shuttles which will charge you $35 per person plus tip. You will get a departure time which coordinates your flight time with the transfer.

If cost is absolutely paramount, the cheapest way is to get a cab from the port to Texas City and rent a car from Avis/Budget at Mall of the Mainland. If you pre-book the rental the rate may be extremely low ($20?) for a one-way to be dropped off at Hobby.