Jewish Tours - Buenos Aires & Montevideo

LovesToRead

I'll be on a South America cruise later this year and am seeking recommendations for guides/companies that provide Jewish heritage tours of Buenos Aires and Montevideo.

Thank you for your help!

On which ship will you be sailing? We are on the NCL Sun, sailing Nov. 19 from Santiago. If you are on the same ship, please send e-mail to me and I can let you know the details: elainefarran@yahoo.com

Enjoy your cruise - whichever ship, whenever you go!

Elaine Farran

We also did a private Jewish tour in Montevideo with a woman, but I can't find the source. We toured a few synagogues, the only holocaust memorial in South America, & ended up at a service & was asked to stay for the oneg shabat. Interesting experience.

• 1 month later...
We also did a private Jewish tour in Montevideo with a woman, but I can't find the source. We toured a few synagogues, the only holocaust memorial in South America, & ended up at a service & was asked to stay for the oneg shabat. Interesting experience.

The most recommended Jewish tour guide in Montevideo is Fanny Margolis. Friends used & loved her

If anyone is on the NOV 19 NCL cruise Santiago-Buenos Aires, you're welcome to join us on her tour!

Elaine/ Travelnn

• 1 month later...
The most recommended Jewish tour guide in Montevideo is Fanny Margolis. Friends used & loved her

If anyone is on the NOV 19 NCL cruise Santiago-Buenos Aires, you're welcome to join us on her tour!

Elaine/ Travelnn

Do you know how to contact Fanny Margolis? We are stopping in Montevideo for a few days en route to an Antarctica cruise. Thank you.

Cheryl

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

I ´ve just come back from my second trip to South America, in this case with family with daughters and more people.

We did a lovely city tour with jewish heritage with a famous guide who has the access to visit jewish buildings.

We did it right this time as she needs the list of passengers and their info to pass security and that take time.

Contact her. If she is not avaialble she works with 2 jewish guides.

LIZ ANDREA Buenos Aires ( liz2arg@yahoo.com)

or (http://www.lizflor2.blogspot.com)

I found her in Trip Advisor few years ago. Was excellent!