Harbor Night festival in Hamilton

lauren0309

What time is the festival and what times do the ferries run to there from the ship and what time is the last ferry back to the ship from Hamilton?

The festival runs from 7 to 10. For the times see the link below. Last returning ferry is a t 10:30 on Harbour Nights.

http://www.seaexpress.bm/Documents/Ferry/Summer%20Schedule%202016_FInal%20Web.pdf

Does anyone know if it better to book through the ship or go on your own. Not sure what is a better price.

I don't know what the ship charges since I always take the ferry. I never book anything in Bermuda through the ship. I expect that doing it on your own has the better price. The ferry costs $4.50 each way if you buy tokens or $5 if you pay with cash.

• 2 weeks later...
Does anyone know if it better to book through the ship or go on your own. Not sure what is a better price.

Your best value is to purchase a 2 or 3 day transportation pass while in Bermuda. Do all excursions on your own. Don't buy through the ship. U can go to the caves, aquarium, zoo, Hamilton, st George's, etc all with the $35 pass. It's good for the buses and ferries.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Your best value is to purchase a 2 or 3 day transportation pass while in Bermuda. Do all excursions on your own. Don't buy through the ship. U can go to the caves, aquarium, zoo, Hamilton, st George's, etc all with the $35 pass. It's good for the buses and ferries.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Exactly. Love Bermuda.

No charge to get into Harbor nights.

They just block off the street for vendors.

We were not impressed. You are not missing anything.

Charles: Where do you buy the tokens? Do they take US money? Any tips would be greatly appreciated. Leaving for Bermuda on the Celebrity on the Summit. Thanks.

The tokens are sold at the Visitor Information Center. There is one right on the dock, the pass and ticket sales windows are on the outside of the cruise ship terminal. They do take US money.

a06ab8ea4607ecfc7f5b8e4c7429162a.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by Charles4515

Thanks Charles. So if we want to go to Harbor Lights we can get tokens for $4.50 PER PERSON each way ($9.00) AND Would it be the same the next day if we want to go to St. George? Thanks for all your help. Iris

Thanks Charles. So if we want to go to Harbor Lights we can get tokens for $4.50 PER PERSON each way ($9.00) AND Would it be the same the next day if we want to go to St. George? Thanks for all your help. Iris

That is right for the ferry to Harbour Nights in Hamilton and it would be the same for the ferry to St. George the next day.

If you are going to take some bus trips in addition to those trips you might want to get the two day pass. The pass is good for both the ferries and buses.

Edited by Charles4515

what does 14 zone and 3 zone mean on that chart?

There are 14 two mile zones. If you go more than 3 zones you need the 14 zone token or ticket. The ferry to St. George and the ferry to Hamilton require the 14 zone. The bus from Dockyard to Horseshoe is 14 zone. The 3 zone are for short trips. The zone boundaries are on the bus route map. Pretty much the only time I got 3 zone was when I was on a ship docking in Hamilton. Horseshoe is a 3 zone from Hamilton. If you go from St. George to the Caves or Swizzle Inn I believe that was a 3 zone. If you are in doubt ask when you buy the token. Tell them where you are going.

Edited by Charles4515

Hi Charles: Is it a far walk to the Visitor Info Center and is that where you get the ferry. Sorry for all the questions. Thanks.

There are three Visitor Information Centers at the Dockyard. One at each cruise terminal. There are two terminals. Summit docks at Kings Wharf. The other dock is Heritage Wharf. The third Visitor Center is nearby the ferry dock. When you exit the Summit you walk thru the terminal building on Kings Wharf. On the outside of the terminal building is a Visitors Information Center.

I have highlighted the three Visitor Centers on the map below.

3e30caa46b65c632fc3c9657a5df27bf.jpg

Edited by Charles4515

Does anybody know if the Celebrity Summit sells Ferry tickets? Thanks. cAN'T wait. leaving for Bermuda Sunday....hope no hurricanes.

They don't sell the transportation passes or tokens onboard Summit. Transportation Passes and tokens are sold at the three Visitor Information Centers at the Dockyard. Ticket Booklets are not sold at the Dockyard.

Edited by Charles4515

Thanks Charles: We intend to use the Ferry to go to the Festival and then go to St. George the next day. Do I buy tokens for 2 days. Do I have to go to the bank and get a few rolls of quarter. Thanks. iris

Thanks Charles: We intend to use the Ferry to go to the Festival and then go to St. George the next day. Do I buy tokens for 2 days. Do I have to go to the bank and get a few rolls of quarter. Thanks. iris

Buy tokens for the number of times you plan on boarding a public bus or ferry. There is no need to have rolls of quarters. Tokens are sold at the VICs at the Dockyard. Depending on how many times you'll be using public transportation, buying a 2 day Transportation Pass may be cost effective.

SBtS

we plan to go to the Festival at night and then the next day go to St. George. So we should buy for 2 days even though the first we are only using it at night. Thanks.

Has anybody taken the train in St. George? If so, do you know what time the first train leaves from the ferry?

Leaving on the Summit tomorrow