Resort Day Passes

floatingwood

Also I found one for Elbow Beach Resort through the website that does day passes but it does not include transportation or pool access. They are also not available during peak season and limit it to 20 per day in the shoulder season according to the website.

• 2 months later...

Reviving this thread because I am looking for similar information. I called the Elbow Bay Beach club today and was told that the cost is $100 and that includes two beach lounge chairs and an umbrella and towels plus access to other amenities. I did not ask on the phone if that included access to the pool but I've read elsewhere that it doesn't. The representative told me that the cab ride from the Royal dockyard is approximately 45 minutes and should cost $35-$40 each way. He also told me that Mickey's is the only casual restaurant right on the beach which you can access.

I emailed the Coco reef resort and I'm waiting for them to get back to me. Will post an additional follow up if I hear back but I might just call also.

This post may have posted twice but the address for day passes at cocoreef is deals@cocoreef.bm you can also message them on their Facebook page

I spoke with someone at Coco Reef today and was told they no longer allow reservations or purchases for the day passes directly through the resort. They directed me to a third party company that manages day passes for many islands and resorts. Am I missing something?

The third party advises that towels are not included although the resort rep said they were. The third party advises that lunch is a 3 course lunch but the person on the phone said it was 2 courses.

Hi folks passes are available for both - Coco Reef allows access to the pool as well.

In case anyone is wondering what Resort for a Day is offering.....

For Elbow Beach. $69 per person, includes a lounge chair and umbrella, and a water bottle. Access to Mickeys Bistro. $69 deposit required.

For Coco Reef $99 per person, child 3-11 $55, lounge chair, pool and beach access. Three course lunch. $99 deposit. It say's drinks are not included, may be purchased. Also I notice it does not say anything about umbrellas.

In case anyone is wondering what Resort for a Day is offering.....

For Elbow Beach. $69 per person, includes a lounge chair and umbrella, and a water bottle. Access to Mickeys Bistro. $69 deposit required.

For Coco Reef $99 per person, child 3-11 $55, lounge chair, pool and beach access. Three course lunch. $99 deposit. It say's drinks are not included, may be purchased. Also I notice it does not say anything about umbrellas.

Thanks Charles - I wasn't sure if the site could be mentioned here.

Thanks Charles - I wasn't sure if the site could be mentioned here.

We can give port options and web sites and info on a port of call board.

Personally I don't think I would ever get a day pass myself in Bermuda, I think the public beach options are better in Bermuda. I don't like the beach that Elbow and Coco are on as much as the stretch of south Shore beach from Warwick to Horseshoe. Day passes are options I do consider and do at other ports. Not against Day Passes per se. To each their own though as to what they want to do in Bermuda. I think all info should be here on this board. I would also never rent a scooter, jump off a cliff, do afternoon tea or play golf. It is nice there is a lot of options for everyone's interests in Bermuda. Those who have the latest info available should contribute. There are changes every season. Like the info on the day passes. I hope that those who have asked questions or do various activities like the day passes come back after their cruises and post a report back on their experiences.

I'm still second guessing the option myself. I just thought since it's our first trip and we are unfamiliar with how to get around, it might be an easy way to enjoy the beach. So I'm keeping this information just in case--thanks to all who provided and hope you will report back!

I'm still second guessing the option myself. I just thought since it's our first trip and we are unfamiliar with how to get around, it might be an easy way to enjoy the beach. So I'm keeping this information just in case--thanks to all who provided and hope you will report back!

Horseshoe Bay Beach and the 2 resorts offering day passes are all on the same bus route, and off the same road, South Rd.

There is a basic Bermuda map at this link which you might find helpful.

SBtS

The easy way to enjoy the beach is go to Horseshoe Bay. There are public buses, private minibus shuttles and taxis to get to Horseshoe Bay. Very easy to get there and back. The beach those two resorts are on is on the same road at a farther distance away from the Dockyard. The options for the resorts would be taxi or the public bus.

We went to Coco Reef 2 years ago and plan on going back next week on our cruise. Here is the email I received from them last week,

Here is the information below with regards to the Day Pass:

Our day pass is $89 per person ages 12 and older. It includes a 2 course lunch, glass of wine, beer, or a soft drink, use of the beach and pool facilities and towels.

We have 2 small changing rooms but we do NOT have lockers to store belongings

Children under 12 are complimentary but that does not include their lunch, which can be purchased separately off the menu. Chairs and umbrellas are not reserved in advance. You can arrive and depart at any time you like to make the most of your day.

Transportation options:

Ferry from the Dockyard to Hamilton is $4.50 per person, one way, then a taxi to Coco Reef approx. $13 one way, for I believe up to 4 persons.

Bus from the Dockyard to the Bermuda College/Coco Reef stop - $4.50 one way per person. Get off at the Bermuda College/Coco Reef stop, cross the street and walk up College road to Coco Reef approx. 5-7 min walk

Taxi direct from Dockyard to Coco Reef approx. $45 one way, for up to 4 persons

Taxis are readily available from the Dockyard and from Hamilton

Bus and Ferry schedules will be available to you at the Dockyard.

Here is the information below with regards to the Day Pass:

Our day pass is $89 per person ages 12 and older. It includes a 2 course lunch, and a soft

drink, use of the beach and pool facilities and towels.

We have 2 small changing rooms but we do NOT have lockers to store belongings

Children under 12 are complimentary but that does not include their lunch, which can be

purchased separately o+ the menu. Chairs and umbrellas are not reserved in advance. You

can arrive and depart at any time you like to make the most of your day.

Transportation options:

Ferry fr***** the Dockyard to Hamilton is $4.50 per person, one way, then a taxi to Coco Reef

approx. $13 one way, for up to 4-6 persons.

Bus from the Dockyard to the Bermuda College/Coco Reef stop - $4.50 one way per person.

Get o+ at the Bermuda College/Coco Reef stop, cross the street and walk up College road to

Coco Reef approx. 5-7 min walk

Taxi direct fr***** Dockyard to Coco Reef approx. $45 one way, for up to 4 persons

Taxis are readily available from the Dockyard and fr***** Hamilton

Bus and Ferry schedules will be available to you at the Dockyard.

Thank you and we look forward to your visit to our property .

Question to folks who have done the day passes: Do you need to book these ahead of time? Traveling early May and I am not sure if this is something I want to do. However, should it be a beautiful hot day, I may consider. Would I be able to get pass day off? Thank you for any advice given.

Question to folks who have done the day passes: Do you need to book these ahead of time? Traveling early May and I am not sure if this is something I want to do. However, should it be a beautiful hot day, I may consider. Would I be able to get pass day off? Thank you for any advice given.

My advice is not to go all the way there without a reservation. Supposedly they can only be booked thru Resorts for a Day, a recent post, but then others say they made reservations direct. Both also say they limit the number of day passes. Maybe they would sell you a pass in early May despite that but you have to decide if it is worth going there and being denied.

Will give you a little history of my past experience with a day pass at coco reef Last year in beginning of June I visited the resort for a Day pass for 2. Upon arrival I was told that they were sold out. I explained that I emailed the resort a couple months prior but did not get a confirmation number. They allowed the 2 of to get the passes. This Year I contacted in the resort in January for 4 day passes again in June I didn't receive any reply to 3 emails that I sent and contacted them via Facebook. On Facebook i was told the General Manager would be informed of my emails. Next day received an email back Advising me that they were thinking of using a 3rd party for future reservations on day passes and I should re-contact them in the end of March. I then found out about the americas cup being there and changed my trip to early May I emailed them early April and received a confirmation for the 4 Passes. Up till Last week "resort for a day" website did not list coco reef on their site however now they are offering the passes. May clear up some confusion as to why some received direct booking and others have used a 3rd party

We booked Coco Reef through the third party 2 weeks ago for May and it's costing us 99.00 per person. Drinks are additional and no towels! Hmmm! Last year they offered a glass of beer/ wine and towels for 69.00 but they were sold out! Still hemming and hawing about this!

Last year we did day passes at Coco Reef for the first day. While there, I walked over to Elbow Beach and spoke to a woman at their rental concession. She said they did rent beach chairs and umbrellas - no reservations - on a space available basis. Cost would be $75 for 2 chairs and umbrella. We went back the next day and had no problem renting chairs. We had a lovely lunch on the beach with a tropical drink and the total cost for 2 was about the same as Coco Reef day pass.

Sent from my iPad using Forums