Summer 2018 question

DrMrsRichardson

I promised my cruise-loving oldest son that I would take him and a friend on any cruise that he wanted (that leaves out of the US) for his HS graduation which is June 2018. He has done the tropical/beachy itineraries as well as 2 to Alaska and has informed me he would love to see the East Coast and the Eastern side of Canada (we live on the West Coast). He has a particular interest in seeing NYC so I am hoping to possibly leave out of there but it is not mandatory. I have been stalking the various sites for these itineraries to open up but there is very little so far. In addition to that itinerary he wants a "cool" ship. He was very impressed with the Allure and is hoping for something with a similar young person appeal (I was thinking a Quantum Class on Royal but that is not mandatory either). Does anyone have an inside scoop on when summer 2018 East Coast itineraries will be out? And does anyone have any suggestions for which ship he might enjoy?

• 1 month later...

Royal is opening up it's bookings for 2018 New England Canada possibly tomorrow. I know the Adventure of the Seas will be doing some 7 day NE cruises in the summer and also some to Quebec in Sept. The big ship you son would probably prefer is the Anthem and they begin the New England cruises possibly the end of August and into Sept and October. Those are 9 nite cruises. I've done that last year and scheduled for this year also and enjoyed it very much. The Anthem has all the bells and whistles. The Adventure is also an up to date ship and is the Voyager class ship. I can't speak to the other cruise lines but Royal leaves from NJ. You can tour NYC easily.

I promised my cruise-loving oldest son that I would take him and a friend on any cruise that he wanted (that leaves out of the US) for his HS graduation which is June 2018. He has done the tropical/beachy itineraries as well as 2 to Alaska and has informed me he would love to see the East Coast and the Eastern side of Canada (we live on the West Coast). He has a particular interest in seeing NYC so I am hoping to possibly leave out of there but it is not mandatory. I have been stalking the various sites for these itineraries to open up but there is very little so far. In addition to that itinerary he wants a "cool" ship. He was very impressed with the Allure and is hoping for something with a similar young person appeal (I was thinking a Quantum Class on Royal but that is not mandatory either). Does anyone have an inside scoop on when summer 2018 East Coast itineraries will be out? And does anyone have any suggestions for which ship he might enjoy?

I am also taking my cruise loving son on a New England/Canada cruise for his graduation. We are doing the June 29, 2018 on the Adventure of the Seas. I was able to book an Owner's Suite for what the cost of two interiors cost on the bigger ships. I will also have his 22 year old brother and my dear husband with me. Maybe we will be on the same ship at the same time? If not, have a wonderful cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 3 weeks later...
I am also taking my cruise loving son on a New England/Canada cruise for his graduation. We are doing the June 29, 2018 on the Adventure of the Seas. I was able to book an Owner's Suite for what the cost of two interiors cost on the bigger ships. I will also have his 22 year old brother and my dear husband with me. Maybe we will be on the same ship at the same time? If not, have a wonderful cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Us too. Our youngest graduates high school in 2018. We're doing the Adventure June 29th and July 6th sailings​. We were very happy to see these itineraries become available. They're a perfect fit for what we are wanting to do. Good times ahead!