PG Excursions

deladane

I am debating between 2 similar excursions for 2 different ports and I just can't decide what we should do! Has anyone taken one of these excursions? Which would you pick for each port?

4x4 Tour of Huahine Nui vs. Huahine Iti…. Which would you pick and why?

HUAHINE SAFARI EXPEDITION

Code: HHN-6225, Duration: 3.5 Hours, Cost 89.00

Discover the beauty of Huahine on this 4x4 tour of the islands. Depart the pier by off-road vehicle for the drive to Huahine Nui. Visit the village of Faie, and its famed blue-eyed eels. Next, you will take a short outrigger trip to visit "Huahine Pearl Farm and Pottery", where they will share with you the secrets of the black pearl and you will have a chance to purchase the farm products. Including their famous blue pottery made from a glaze found at the bottom of the lagoon while pearl farming. Continue on to Maeva, the island's most important marae. Drive along Lake Fauna Nui before arriving in Fare. Free time will be made available for you to explore. Return drive to the pier.

Please note: Although the off-road vehicle will remain on the main road for most of the drive, this tour also involves travel over non-paved roads with steep ascents and descents. This tour is not recommended for guests with back and/or neck problems, guests who suffer from vertigo or motion sickness, or guests with limited mobility. Order of visits may be reversed and itinerary amended depending on weather conditions.

HUAHINE ITI BY 4X4

Code: HHN-6226A, Duration: 3.5 Hours, Cost 89.00

During this 4x4 tour you will be introduced to Huahine Iti, the more sensual and smaller of Huahine's two islands. There will be numerous stops along the way for panoramic views across the island, the bays and the surrounding lagoon and motus of Topati's and Murimahora. Visits to a vanilla and tropical fruit plantation and to the Marae Anini are included. A brief stop at a beach in Avea Bay is included for a dip in the lagoon and for refreshments (choice of soda, fruit juice or beer).Continue the tour 'off-road' into the Parea Valley for a drive over bumpy road through lush jungle before returning to the pier in Maroe.

Please note: Although the off-road vehicle will remain on the main road for most of the drive, this tour also involves travel over rough non-paved roads. This tour is not recommended for guests with back and/or neck problems or guests with limited mobility.Order of visits may be reversed and itinerary amended depending on weather conditions. Please bring cash as there will be an opportunity to buy vanilla and additional refreshments on the beach. Please wear/bring your swimwear and beach towel should you wish to have a swim at the beach.

Bora Bora Sunset Cruise on a Catamaran vs. Outrigger Canoe… Which would you pick and why? Does anyone know how many people are on the catamaran or the canoe with us?

SUNSET SAIL BY CATAMARAN

Code: BRB-6708, Duration: 2 Hours, Cost$120.00

Depart the pier on a luxurious, brand new sailing catamaran. Sail around the lagoon of Bora Bora and when the time comes,enjoy a beautiful sunset. Don't forget your camera, as the photo opportunities are amazing, get the best views of the highest peak, Mount Otemanu, as the sunsets over the Pacific.

Please note: The catamaran is fully protected and equipped with two restrooms, shaded area, a sound system, cushions, outside and inside fresh water showers, and ladders to get in and out of the water.

SUNSET CRUISE ON OUTRIGGER CANOE

Code: BRB-6803, Duration: 2 Hours, Cost$130.00

Board your Polynesian Outrigger Canoe in Vaitape and start your romantic Sunset Cruise inside the lagoon of Pearl of Pacific. The captain of the canoe will play ukulele while you enjoy local fresh fruits and Champagne, soft drinks and local beer watching the sun setting.

Please note: Please bring your camera.

Unless you are trying to stay out of the water and you don't want to snorkel I would do Marc's tour (his combo 4x4 and snorkel) instead of the PG tour. On Bora Bora I would do Pure Snorkeling by Reef Discovery, a great snorkel tour in a small fast boat with no more than 8 people. You circumnavigate the lagoon while stopping at about 4 places to snorkel.

Huahine Iti is the road less traveled. I've been all over Nui and Iti, and IMO Iti is the better choice, just beautiful

Thanks for the advice! I just keep going back and forth as this is my first trip to FP so part of me thinks I should do the typical touristy things and see Nui. But another part of me thinks I should go with the obscure and see the prettier part of Huahine. Such a tough decision!!

Unless you are trying to stay out of the water and you don't want to snorkel I would do Marc's tour (his combo 4x4 and snorkel) instead of the PG tour. On Bora Bora I would do Pure Snorkeling by Reef Discovery, a great snorkel tour in a small fast boat with no more than 8 people. You circumnavigate the lagoon while stopping at about 4 places to snorkel.

Thank you for your reply, but perhaps I should have been more detailed in my question. For Huahine, I want to do a land-based tour because we are spending many other days doing water-based activities. We are on the Tuamotus itinerary and will be taking a boat to go snorkeling on both of those islands, plus in Bora Bora and Moorea. Since I had read that the snorkeling in Huahine isn't as good as some of the other islands, it seemed like a good place to do something different. Hence the 4x4 tours, since we won't be doing anything like that on any other island. We have a lot of OBC and plan to use it on these excursions, so I don't want to use private vendors for these activities (don't worry, we have lots of other things planned with private vendors on the other islands!)

For Bora Bora, I am already planning a tour similar to the one you described for earlier that day. We want to take advantage of being on Bora Bora overnight, and what better way than a romantic sunset cruise?! This will also be a good opportunity to use some OBC, so the debate continues on if we are better off doing the catamaran or the outrigger. Neither of us have been on either type of boat before, but I know they are very different. Just wondering if anyone has taken either of these sunset cruises through PG and can offer some advice :)

Thanks for the advice! I just keep going back and forth as this is my first trip to FP so part of me thinks I should do the typical touristy things and see Nui. But another part of me thinks I should go with the obscure and see the prettier part of Huahine. Such a tough decision!!

Iti where the panoramas are incredible, quiet, serene ...

Huahine%202-X2.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

We'd also love to hear about anyone's experiences doing the sunset outrigger tour in bora bora offered by the PG. My TA had done the catamaran sunset tour and liked it, but didn't know anything about the outrigger tour option. We have been on several catamarans, so thought the outrigger tour would be a different option. Sounded romantic, but I am wondering what size of an outrigger this is if they are offering Champagne. :bottle-pop: Anyone have pictures?

We'd also love to hear about anyone's experiences doing the sunset outrigger tour in bora bora offered by the PG. My TA had done the catamaran sunset tour and liked it, but didn't know anything about the outrigger tour option. We have been on several catamarans, so thought the outrigger tour would be a different option. Sounded romantic, but I am wondering what size of an outrigger this is if they are offering Champagne. :bottle-pop: Anyone have pictures?

The majority of outriggers on Bora Bora for excursions are 12 passenger capacity. Have done the catamaran as you have but not a sunset on an outrigger.

The majority of outriggers on Bora Bora for excursions are 12 passenger capacity. Have done the catamaran as you have but not a sunset on an outrigger.

Did you do the catamaran sunset cruise with PG in Bora Bora? And if so, do you remember how many people were on it?