3 night stay - Hotel Galvez or Harbor House?

AmberMarie

My husband and I are wanting to take a mini break on a Sunday through Wednesday in May. We are driving to Galveston and can't decide on a hotel. We usually stay at Tremont the night before we cruise, and we love it. Considering trying something different, this time.

This time we are looking for the stay at the hotel and location to feel like our mini vacation. We also want to be walking distance from lively restaurants/bars/live music. We know HH would be great for that-- but the pool at Galvez looks amazing and we really want to take full advantage of a nice pool (plus they have a swim up bar which sounds amazing). Should we stay at Galvez and just drive to the Tremont/HH area for the lively restaurants/bars?

We stayed at the Galvez for two nights several years ago and loved it (and my wife especially loved the pool). Never stayed at the Harbor House, so I'm afraid I can't help you. Tremont is, of course, in a great location for walking.

I would stay at the Hotel Galvez. There is a shuttle that will take you between all three of their hotels so you can hop on that and don't need to worry about parking near the Harbor House. They also have cruise parking complimentary and a shuttle to take you to and from the ship. You just need to sign up with the valet team.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I would stay at the Hotel Galvez. There is a shuttle that will take you between all three of their hotels so you can hop on that and don't need to worry about parking near the Harbor House. They also have cruise parking complimentary and a shuttle to take you to and from the ship. You just need to sign up with the valet team.

Moody Gardens , Galvez , Tremont , Harbor House , SanLuis , Marriott , Hilton Doubletree all have limo vans to move guests around island for tourist attractions , entertainment and dining.

Package deals relative to accommodations , parking and transfers for cruise days can vary from extras being free to charged fees . Confirm your deals in writing.

San Luis has an AMAZING pool area with a nice swim up bar! Plus you can see the beach! The pool area reminds me of some places I've been in Vegas.

First class hotel !

All San Luis rooms face Gulf, rooms are bigger than Galvez,

And restaurants plural are better , pool heated and better service .

In my opinion based on experiences. Grocery store is block away! Transfers to everywhere Also.

Go on to tripadvisor... tons of reviews and pictures. We stayed at Harbor last summer loved it.. so cool to wake up and see cruise ship right outside your window,

Views are great at Harbor House with restaurants all around . Pier 21 is where we normally Happy Hour. Willie G's HH is 11-7. Views at Olympia Grill are fab. Like said with the ships coming and going it is fun to dream about your future :)destinations. Like the RCCL Vision repositioning from Quebec City thru Canada fall foliage , New England , Eastern Southern Western Carribean into Galveston .