Limited View Verandah clarification please

Michelle H

Hey guys, we're sailing on the Disney Wonder in August to Alaska, and our stateroom is a "7A: Description: Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom with Navigator's Verandah; whitewall verandah."

As far as I can tell, that's a room with an enclosed verandah, the bottom part is whitewall and not plexiglass, and there's like a giant porthole to look through, correct? (from what I can tell in photos). Is that porthole that you look through open air, or is it covered with plexiglass?

Link to DCL web site. It is open air, but only thru the porthole. The rest of the verandah is enclosed.

https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/faq/staterooms/verandah-types/

You might look to see whether any of the "secret verandah" cabins are available. These were originally classified as cat 5 and 6 but due to minimal obstructions of view, have been reclassified as cat 7. We stayed in one on the Magic; the obstruction was so minimal that I probably would not have noticed it if not for the discount! However all of the obstructed views on the Magic and Wonder are 3 person cabins.

Here is a list of the secret verandah cabins:

• The cabins to request on the Magic and Wonder are 6134, 6634, 7120 and 7620.

Sorry, but I don't seem to be able to access my list of cruises on the DCL website any more--it used to be very simple to look up which cabin we were in. I know it was port side.

• 3 weeks later...

I loved our Navigator's Balcony on DISNEY MAGIC. Very nautical with lots of attention to detail and beautiful wood. It has way more character than a standard balcony.

15499158962_ca68da1949_b.jpg

15496371781_e9104e68f8_b.jpg

15312863418_3b6d7a01f2_b.jpg

15312943047_02d3e0e890_b.jpg

15496375671_f8f06d6eeb_b.jpg

OMG - we have a cat 7A on our Fantasy trip in May. If we have this verandah, I will be BESIDE myself! Thanks for the pics - awesome!

I believe this style is only on the WONDER and MAGIC. I think on the newer ships it's more of a standard balcony but with an obstruction like maybe only half is open because of the way the superstructure slants.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Correct.. We loved this balcony on the Magic, especially when it rained as very little came in. It does restrict your angle of view and you cannot really sit straight on to the ocean in the provided chair and have decent legroom. And obviously, no tanning.

We've been in all types of cabins and this is our favourite in the old ships. There is absolutely no wind as compared to the other verandahs. Before the kids get up, my wife and I sit outside and enjoy our coffee and meals during those wonderful lazy sea days. This has so far been our standard room for all of our European cruises. We are platinum members.

We've done multiple Alaska trips in a Wonder Nav Verandah. Highly recommend! It cuts the wind nicely - very helpful. When it is a bit nippy out.

Exactly. We had 7522 on the Magic sailing out of NYC to Canada and we were able to enjoy our veranda even in the North Atlantic.