Use of Air Canada Business Class lounge?

Camelia-

Hi there,

My brother will be returning from a transatlantic cruise from Barcelona next month. He used his aeroplan miles/points to purchase a one way business class ticket.( AC 877 Barcelona to Toronto via Frankfurt). There is a 4 hour plus connection time in Frankfurt and I'm curious as to whether he will be able to use the first class lounge during that time? I believe he's in terminal one. I'm assuming that there is one there of course!

Many thanks for any information you can give!

Camelia

Hi there,

My brother will be returning from a transatlantic cruise from Barcelona next month. He used his aeroplan miles/points to purchase a one way business class ticket.( AC 877 Barcelona to Toronto via Frankfurt). There is a 4 hour plus connection time in Frankfurt and I'm curious as to whether he will be able to use the first class lounge during that time? I believe he's in terminal one. I'm assuming that there is one there of course!

Many thanks for any information you can give!

Camelia

She should be able to use the lounge. Unless they have different rules for the lounges in Europe.

I'm curious as to whether he will be able to use the first class lounge during that time?

He will not be able to use any of the first class lounges, only the business class ones.

Air Canada has their own Maple Leaf Lounge at FRA.

https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/home/fly/premium-services/maple-leaf-lounges/maple-leaf-lounge-details.html#/!lounge@frankfurt

Assuming they do not have any Star Alliance Gold status then the other options are the Lufthansa Business lounges (not to be confused with the Lufthansa Senator or First Class lounges).