Connecting Rooms on Encore

wire

I know connecting rooms have been discussed in detail but I don't see anything specific to Encore. Anyone have experience with connecting rooms on Encore ? We just made a last minute booking on a popular, almost sold out sailing. Connecting rooms on Deck 8 are the only available, except a couple of other poorly located rooms. Any issues with noise, light, etc from the connecting room ?

B

Thanks much. We're looking for another room however the choices are minimal at this point. Something may open up at the last minute, could happen.....trip was a good deal, may have to just suck it up. ;)

We just finished Sydney to Singapore in a connecting suite (726). No light issues, and we very rarely heard the neighbours--I mean a couple of times, at low (ignorable) volume in 26 days. And there were two different sets over the 2 segments, so its not just that the first ones were especially quiet. Occasionally I would hear the toilet flush, but then realized that was when the room was being serviced and the steward had propped the door open. And generally, people were fairly well-behaved on the verandahs, but that is where we noticed the sound a lot more -- scraping furniture and conversations at "outdoor voice" pitch. That's not attributable to suites adjoining!

Our neighbours on deck 8 were inconsiderate rather than deliberately noisy I think. The biggest issue was slamming doors (all of them - suite, verandah, closet, bathroom, cupboards). We asked guest services to "have a word" which they did, but it didn't seem to make much difference.

But i wouldn't let worries about an interconnecting door prevent me from going. There are much bigger reasons not choose Encore at the moment.

Thanks all for the feedback. Doesn't sound like a deal-breaker to me although I'll keep looking for a different/better room but it looks grim. Slamming suite doors is something I've encountered on just about every ship I've been on regardless of connecting rooms.

However, this comment got my attention: 'There are much bigger reasons not choose Encore at the moment.' I'm aware of the great Retreat debate and The Club criticisms but am I missing something huge ?

However, this comment got my attention: 'There are much bigger reasons not choose Encore at the moment.' I'm aware of the great Retreat debate and The Club criticisms but am I missing something huge ?

I don't think you are. There are obviously many teething problems which, I have read, are on the list to be attended to. To me, having a TV on high volume (because the suite occupant can't sleep and hearing is waning) in the next suite at 3am far outweighs any other imperfections of the ship. Anyway, I will personally find out in July.

In no particular order.

Lack of a passenger laundry. I am still astonished that this was either allowed to happen, was overlooked or nobody thought guests would mind.

The Retreat, concept and execution. A total white elephant.

The Club - cluttered and zero atmosphere with no proper bar.

The abandoned and unused covered aft terrace behind TK Grill, deck 8.

The larger ship with more passengers has changed the whole Seabourn dynamic. We were disappointed but perhaps not surprised.

Hi , We have just completed Singapore to Dubai on the Encore, This is not Seabourn as we know it, the Retreat is a total waste of space, unless you want to spend around $300 a day there, for us Seabourn have gone for Quantity not Quality here.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Is your criticism of Encore just the Retreat or was there something more?

I never found the equivalent space on the three other ships all that useable unless you were into golf or shuffleboard. That area seemed wasted.

Hi,

Yes it is mainly about the Retreat, I am one of the many guests who prefer to have the choice of either lying around on deck, or meeting others and having a bit of fun with the Golf and Shuffleboard.