Itinerary help!

Florida_cruisers

We need help deciding when and where to go on a cruise out of Beijing or Shanghai on either Royal Caribbean or Celebrity. I know this is a very open question but I have no idea where to start.

My husband's best friend told us this week that he is moving his family to Beijing for two years and we would like to go visit them while they are there. Of course we would like to see the Great Wall of China, the forbidden city and Shanghai. Outside of that I have no clue. We've never looked into traveling to Asia before. I don't know what are amazing to so-so ports. I looked into traveling to Singapore and Phuket but the seasons are very different weather wise. So maybe we should stick to China and Japan. I looked for hours this afternoon at all of the itineraries but they don't say much to me as I am not familiar with ports/cities.

If you could just name me popular or must see ports, that alone would be a big help.

We need help deciding when and where to go on a cruise out of Beijing or Shanghai on either Royal Caribbean or Celebrity. I know this is a very open question but I have no idea where to start.

My husband's best friend told us this week that he is moving his family to Beijing for two years and we would like to go visit them while they are there. Of course we would like to see the Great Wall of China, the forbidden city and Shanghai. Outside of that I have no clue. We've never looked into traveling to Asia before. I don't know what are amazing to so-so ports. I looked into traveling to Singapore and Phuket but the seasons are very different weather wise. So maybe we should stick to China and Japan. I looked for hours this afternoon at all of the itineraries but they don't say much to me as I am not familiar with ports/cities.

If you could just name me popular or must see ports, that alone would be a big help.

We have traveled quite a bit to East Asia and love everywhere we go.

First, I recommend not going to China and Japan in the Summer. September is a great time to go to both.

Second, China has so much history to see and is best done on a land tour. We did a tour with Vantage in 2011 that was three weeks long and included a four day Yangzee River cruise. Here is my review of that trip. The highlights of the trip were the Forbidden City, Great Wall, Terra-cotta Warriors in Xian, Shanghai museum and Bund, the river cruise, Li River and Hong Kong.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1718320

Third, there are usually some great cruises out of Japan to include several Japanese ports as well as others. Here is my review of that cruise in 2015.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=518503&et_cid=2531924&et_rid=17221689&et_referrer=Boards

Fourth, we did a great cruise on Celebrity Century from Singapore to Dubai. Here is that review.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=501167

Thank you 4774Pappa, this is great advice. After some research with limited time (less than 2 weeks) we decided not to go with the cruise and stick to a land based vacation.

I will definitely read your reviews on the cruise to Dubai-Singapore. Also on our bucket list.