What is there to to in Bermuda?

coolcruiser777

I just realized that two of the days I will be there are national holidays back to back...

Hmm. Cup Match.

I read that is a huge four day holiday weekend. Thursday thru Sunday. That all the beaches are full of overnight campers.

You might want to reconsider that sailing. I suppose it could be interesting. Some might be into cricket.

Edited by Charles4515

I was just thinking about our wonderful cruise to Bermuda this past August 2016 and couldn't resist replying to your post.

Day 1 we took the ferry to St. George. While there we took in the high tea at the perfumery. Everyone in our party of four thought it was a great experience. St. George is the old part of Bermuda

Day 2 we had purchased day passes to the Elbow Beach resort. A great day, and there was a beach restaurant (Mickey's) right there where we had lunch.

Day 3 before the ship departed we just hung around the port. We had lunch at a place called The Frog and Onion. We would go there again.

Missing from our 3 days in Bermuda was Horseshoe Bay.

Should we ever return (which I hope we do), we will repeat the above, but we will be sure to find the time to do Horseshoe Bay.

It was a very nice trip. We took Norwegian out of New York (we are Midwesterners). We wanted to go out of Boston, but our schedules didn't permit it. But taking in New York was a wonderful experience, and we have no regrets.

I was just thinking about our wonderful cruise to Bermuda this past August 2016 and couldn't resist replying to your post.

Day 1 we took the ferry to St. George. While there we took in the high tea at the perfumery. Everyone in our party of four thought it was a great experience. St. George is the old part of Bermuda

Thank you so much for the comment, I never thought of high tea, that's a great idea.

helmet diving, renting scooter if you like to defy death. on rainy days the museums are nice. zoo is tiny but if on your way worth a quick look. i never got to try the mini golf next to the dockyard but will next time :)

Why do you say the rent scooters if you "like to defy death"? Someone recommended this to us. Said it was the best way to see the island.

Why do you say the rent scooters if you "like to defy death"? Someone recommended this to us. Said it was the best way to see the island.

There are accidents every year involving rentals by tourists. It is not uncommon. I know a woman who broke her pelvis. Have seen passengers on my sailings with road burn and casts. A serious accident last season was a passenger on Anthem of the Seas on his honeymoon. He died of his injuries. The roads are narrow, winding, with no shoulder, there can be traffic, they drive on the other side than the US.

ive seen how the buses ride the rear wheels of scooters first hand. ive seen the narrow windy roads where there are joggers taking their hands into their lives and there's literally no side of the road. its a different world with driving and if you google bermuda scooter accidents you can see some of the dangers.

Hmm. Cup Match.

I read that is a huge four day holiday weekend. Thursday thru Sunday. That all the beaches are full of overnight campers.

You might want to reconsider that sailing. I suppose it could be interesting. Some might be into cricket.

Oh god... it is too late now. Trust me, it wasn't my choice either. I am sailing with my extended family. This cruise was a done deal in January. There is no turning back now...:o