Thanksgiving 2018 Mexican Riviera Cruise

ockings

Looking into a Family Cruise for the Mexican Riviera in Thanksgiving 2018 and not seeing many options, except Carnival.

We have sailed Carnival 2x and are definitely OK going that route.

I wanted to price check them and since it looks like NCL,Holland America and Princess don't seem to be sailing this route at this time, I am wondering what my options are ?

I know it is the end of Hurricane season, but I have sailed this route in late October before and no issues.

Does anyone know why the other lines do not go this time of year?

Maybe its the size of the ships in concert with hurricane season ?

Thanks in advance

Neither Princess nor HAL has their schedules out for that time frame yet. You are a couple of months premature.

That being said, most cruise lines have trimmed their Mexican Rivera schedules, due to safety concerns. Not totally ended them, but have trimmed them some.

Just because you have not had issues with weather in this time frame doesn't mean there is there isn't the possibility of issues. I do agree it is very late in hurricane season for the Mexican Rivera.

I was on the Miracle Thanksgiving 2016 cruise and there were 4 ships in Cabo that day. CruiserBruce is right, you are a little premature in looking. Carnival sails that route year round which is probably why they have their schedule posted.

I have normally transitioned to my winter home in Cabo by Thanksgiving, last year being the exception. Never had weather issues, not to say it can't happen. November is normally great weather. Last year was a little warmer than normal.