Nursery on DCL

tori0417

Has anyone utilized the "Nursery" on DCL?? Im thinking about booking Disney and am curious about this. My son will be 2.5 when we go and the nursery is for kids under 3. We were thinking about possibly signing him up for it for an hour or so we could go to the spa but I am nervous about leaving him with someone. We have cruised with him previously on X, but now that he is getting older, we are exploring other options. We love X, but he definitely needs child friendly entertainment! LOL

Well, he is exactly the group the nursery is for. I'm not sure what your concerns are. The CMs in the nursery are all trained in pediatric CPR, most have degrees in some sort of child care--Early Childhood Education or whatever, and they are NEVER left alone with a child (there are always multiple staff members present. You will have a wave phone and they can call you if you are needed. There are play areas and sleep areas in the nursery.

I'm a first time DCL cruiser as well, sailing the Dream May 15th. My youngest will be turning 3 a day after we disembark. I will be using the nursery for our adult dining dinner date and even though I haven't been on the ship I'm already super comfortable. It got rave reviews from my boss and a couple friends. I think in terms of safety you will be fine, however it will be more about how your kid responds. My little one is in preschool and has an older sibling so he's very sociable and doesn't get to anxious when we're not around. However I am slightly worried he'll be upset about not being able to go to the kids club with his brother.

Good luck!

We used the nursery in both the Magic and the Fantasy when my boys were younger and never had any issues. Never left them more than a couple of hours and never for sleeping (just my personal preference). They were perfectly able to handle breastfed and formula fed infants and were great with my kids when they were two as well.

I don't have any kids but when I was on the Dream last year I poked my head in the kids area and immediately 3 cast mates asked if I needed help. Also they have a locked half door and no one can walk in. I felt it was very safe compared to other cruise lines. Even the older kids area too. You will be fine as it is Disney after all.