cpap sleep machine

PinkMEB

One person in our party sleeps with a CPAP machine. On the Explorer is there a 110 outlet near the bed (G2cabin)? Is there any power problem with it running all night? Is distilled water available? Trying to get an answer from TA but haven't heard yet. Thanks.

We were on the Explorer last November in an F2 cabin and there was a 110 outlet next to the bed. However, I do not know if all other suite categories have the same power configuration. I always carry an extension cord just in case there is no outlet close by. I also use a CPAP and have never had a problem with it onboard. BTW, I just use regular tap water on mine and have never had a problem with it. Enjoy your cruise!

Z and TB

One can almost always pick up a gallon of distilled water in a grocery store, almost anywhere in the world. That's my plan of action when I travel, as I don't want to rely on some other source. I can have reassurance of quality when I buy it myself.

Plus, there's always a 15 ft extension cord in the CPAP case. You never know where an outlet may be. Finally, most power bricks nowdays will handle 220 current, so all he would need is a plug adapter.

The other half uses a CPAP. There is distilled water just have your TA request it. I can't remember where/when. But once the there was only an outlet on one side of the bed and the we needed an extension cord. I would bring a lightweight one.

The cruise lines don't like you bringing your own extension cord. They would rather use one they know is safe and tape it down if it crosses the floor. I ask in advance and get a gallon of distilled water left in the cabin.

The cruise lines don't like you bringing your own extension cord. They would rather use one they know is safe and tape it down if it crosses the floor. I ask in advance and get a gallon of distilled water left in the cabin.

Well yes -- but I've been on a cruise that ran out of their own. So I'm darn glad we had one of our own. We always pack one, and I recommend to others to pack one. Especially if you're like me where you can't sleep if the partner isn't using the CPAP, it's much better to have one you don't need than not have one when you need it!

And I didn't bother to mention that no matter who provides an extension cord -- If an extension cord is needed, it will get taped down for safety.

One person in our party sleeps with a CPAP machine. On the Explorer is there a 110 outlet near the bed (G2cabin)? Is there any power problem with it running all night? Is distilled water available? Trying to get an answer from TA but haven't heard yet. Thanks.

My primary experience is with Oceania, but the information ought to be useful on Regent:

All commercial laundries -- hotels and cruise ships included -- use distilled water in their irons/presses/etc. With volume use, the distilled water is purchased in industrial-sized containers. To meet cruiser requests, housekeeping will fill up a normal sized bottle from their huge supply. If you insist on using water with an original "Distilled Water" label, you won't be happy with the water the ship can provide, but it is distilled and it is graciously replenished.

Your TA should request the distilled water before your sail date. We've sometimes had the water waiting for us when we first arrive and sometimes, we need to ask the steward . If you have to ask, the request gets filled quite rapidly.

My primary experience is with Oceania, but the information ought to be useful on Regent:

All commercial laundries -- hotels and cruise ships included -- use distilled water in their irons/presses/etc. With volume use, the distilled water is purchased in industrial-sized containers. To meet cruiser requests, housekeeping will fill up a normal sized bottle from their huge supply. If you insist on using water with an original "Distilled Water" label, you won't be happy with the water the ship can provide, but it is distilled and it is graciously replenished.

Your TA should request the distilled water before your sail date. We've sometimes had the water waiting for us when we first arrive and sometimes, we need to ask the steward . If you have to ask, the request gets filled quite rapidly.

Not necessarily correct. We were on the Whisper last year and requested distilled water ahead of our cruise. Upon embarkation, we had a gallon of store-bought "original labeled" distilled water in our suite.