Clothing

yamanid

While walking around or on Tour in ASIA PORTS would you be wearing shorts? - as every photo I see, people are in jeans or long trousers and tees

Thanks

Shorts are okay, but not short-shorts. If you're in the tropical climates, you'll be miserable in jeans. Loose fit cotton pants are good. I wear convertible pants (the kind that you can zip off the pants leg and back on if needed).

When visiting religious sites like temples you may be required to cover up bare shoulders and legs.

I wore dresses (knee or maxi depending on our plans) and my husband alternated between longer shorts and full length pants (linen or wicking). Definitely pants in Thailand due to the year of mourning and for the temple dress codes..

While walking around or on Tour in ASIA PORTS would you be wearing shorts? - as every photo I see, people are in jeans or long trousers and tees

Thanks

We're finishing a month in Asia, mostly cities, in Japan, Korea & China. It's been quite cool so we've been wearing jeans and sweaters, even jackets (puffy lightweight, anorak and leather). For one warm port (actually hot and humid), knee length shorts and t-shirts. Athleisure also works well and is functional for lots of walking. Our dress was consistent with that of fellow passengers as well as other tourists. So let the weather be your guide and wear what you would wear in any city or town in your own country.

Sent from my dogs' iPad using TapaBark. Bone Voyage [emoji190]

Thanks

ASIA is huge, many ports in the Middle East, India, SE Asia, China, Japan, Indonesia, Philippines and more.

The ports in the Middle East and India where it is really hot most of the time, you still need to dress conservatively because of the local religious customs on dress (Islam and Hindu). It was ironic that in the hottest countries, we could not wear shorts due to that.

Many tours in Asia will involve going into a temple of some kind, where more conservative dress is required. Japan and China are not as bad, but some temples still have that policy. Check your tours and tour guides for guidance.

Jeans are way to hot for these areas. I wear kakis.

We spent three winters (Jan-March) in SE Asia. Two to three months at a time. Thailand, Cambodia, Vietnam, and Malaysia.

We wore shorts most of the time. Had a pair of light weight Dockers but seldom wore them except on airplanes.