Cunard Webcam Sticky Format

bluemarble

As the author of the current Cunard Webcams sticky on this board, I have been meaning to ask this for a while. Since the Cruise Critic format was changed earlier this year, the Cunard webcam images no longer fit three across in a single posting as they used to. At least they no longer show up three across anymore on my PC with a screen resolution of 1920 x 1080. I now see the QM2 and QV webcam images on one line with the QE webcam image wrapped to the next line. The QE's header no longer appears above her webcam image.

Are others experiencing this same issue with the Cunard Webcams sticky? If so, I'd be glad to create a new webcam page where the three webcam images are stacked one per line. How does that sound?

I'm not sure how much interest there is for the webcam sticky, but with over 58,000 views as of today, it looks like it does get a fair amount of use. Any thoughts and feedback about this are welcome.

Regards,

John

It looks fine on my phone via the app but on my desktop using Internet Explorer I had the same problem you describe.

My IE also shows the QE image missing on the far right. QM2 is the largest then a small image of the QV....

Are there two on top of each other on the left...They are dark right now

Thanks for the replies so far. On the theory that a picture is worth a thousand words, here are screen shots of what I am seeing for the top portion of the current Cunard Webcams sticky and what I am suggesting as an alternative.

Current webcam sticky:

Current%20Cunard%20Webcams%20Format.jpg

Suggested new format:

Proposed%20Cunard%20Webcams%20Format.jpg

====================

Please note, since it is indeed currently nighttime on the QM2 and QE, I have applied a little trickery here to substitute some older images from those ships' webcams to better illustrate the formats.

As an optometrist might ask, "Better 1 or better 2"?

John

This is exactly what I am viewing at this time

qm2.jpgqv1.jpgqel.jpg

That is exactly what I am seeing also. It's been like that ever since we got the new style message board a few months ago.

As for the actual images, they have been stuck like that for a few days now. I'm sure the QV one is still showing Fort Lauderdale.

Thanks, BklynBoy8.

Since what you posted probably differs for others depending on the platform and/or screen resolution they are using and will change as the webcam images themselves update, here is a static screen shot of what your post looks like to me at this time.

BklynBoy8%20Screen%20Shot.jpg

That long dark image on the left is indeed a nighttime webcam image from the QM2 directly on top of a nighttime webcam image from the QE. That helps illustrate the formatting issue I would like to address.

Regards,

John

That is exactly what I am seeing also. It's been like that ever since we got the new style message board a few months ago.

As for the actual images, they have been stuck like that for a few days now. I'm sure the QV one is still showing Fort Lauderdale.

Thanks, Ray66.

I was wondering why I haven't been able to get that QV webcam image to update at all today. I haven't actually checked the webcams for several days. If that's a stale image from Fort Lauderdale, then the QV webcam image certainly has been stuck for quite some time now. Of course issues with the Cunard webcam images are nothing new, but I will hold off on posting a new Cunard Webcams thread until I can do a bit more research to make sure those Cunard webcam images are still actually updating.

Regards,

John

If you remove the space(s) between the code for each webcam image I think the forum software will force the page width to display them all on one line (having seen that result from some people's cruise tickers).

Having said that, I only see two images at present, both on the same line (with a small space between them).

Edit: I'm seeing what BklynBoy8 describes, so it's actually all three.

If you remove the space(s) between the code for each webcam image I think the forum software will force the page width to display them all on one line (having seen that result from some people's cruise tickers).

Having said that, I only see two images at present, both on the same line (with a small space between them).

Edit: I'm seeing what BklynBoy8 describes, so it's actually all three.

Interesting suggestion, Underwatr. Unfortunately, I don't seem to be able to get that to work. Here is what the webcam images look like without any spaces between the three sets of "IMG" tags.

qm2.jpgqv1.jpgqel.jpg

For whatever reason, I am still seeing the QE webcam image wrapped to a new line. Not sure what I might be doing wrong.

Regards,

John

It looks like the Cunard fleet bridge webcams are finally back in operation. Well, at least the QM2 webcam is now showing what looks like it could be her current location (Suez) and the QV webcam is definitely showing her current location (Bermuda). And both of those webcam images are updating as usual at roughly 2 minute intervals. Unfortunately, the QE webcam is displaying the all-too-familiar "unavailable due to satellite strength" message, but at least it's not stuck on its previous nighttime image any more.

I'll go ahead and work on a new format for the webcam sticky. Host Hattie, will you be able to replace the existing webcam sticky with the new thread once I have it created? I know it's currently past 5:30 pm your time so that may need to wait until tomorrow.

Regards,

John

Great, I've "stuck" it ! Do you want me to leave it open so people can comment ?

Thank you very much for doing this.

Thank you for making it a sticky. I am OK with leaving it open for comments as was the case with the previous versions.

Regards,

John

Edited by bluemarble

On my iPad, they are three down. This works nicely since I can get all three on my screen at once. I will let you know what they look like on my laptop later today.

Sorry, it took me a little longer to get back on my laptop. The three ships are showing up one under the other just like on my iPad.