What to do in Bermuda/Tom Moore's Jungle

L0VES2travel

DH and I will be in Bermuda in early May for a day and half on the Anthem and we are trying to plan what to do. I have a few questions about Tom Moore's Jungle, beaches, and how to get around. I will be 22 weeks pregnant but am still am very active so hiking/lots of waking won't be a problem. We are thinking that we want to visit Tom Moore's jungle and the crystal caves the first day. From looking at a map they seem fairly close to each other. Then go to the beach the 2nd day. Can we explore the jungle on our own or do we need to go with a guide or tour? From what I've ready the trails aren't clearly marked and I'm thinking we may miss a lot of sites if we don't know where they are. And if we are able to do it on our own what is the best way to get there from the ship (it says docking at Kings Wharf) On day 2, what beaches do you guys recommend? If times allows we'd like to see 2 different beaches. Not looking for crowded beaches with facilities. We'd like to go somewhere unique to Bermuda with beautiful water/sand. What do you guys suggest? And how do we get there? We are open to anything so please help if you can!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

i can only help a bit here. i took the bus to the swizzle inn and got off and went down the hill and got snacks /water at the gas station. then if you go further down the hill on the right is one entrance to the jungle. there are some obvious trails there. even a bit paved. there are some surprises on one and there were a few caves on the others. including one cave that was on the ocean. it was very cool to see. you gotta walk on some rocks to get there. wear good shoes! i only spent less than 2 hours there because i couldnt find the way to go further into the jungle. i know i missed a lot but my point is just doing the end near the swizzle was very cool and worth it. if you do more research than me you will no doubt find more! there was one point u could jump in the water but i am not so daring. there's a spot where a diving board obviously was once.

get the nachos at the swizzle. they were a meal for 2!!!

unfortunately my 1st experience in bermuda off the ship at the terminal was a woman trying to hawk tours. she told us that self tours are forbidden and we were crazy if we went ourselves and to go to the end of the pier for xyz tour company. on day 3 there i wanted to go back and tell her we survived the jungle ourselves and she shoudl be ashamed of herself for her scare tactics.