North Korea Situation

Just a thought , if war does break out , are you covered by travel insurance?

Not covered as far as I am aware. It is similar to the "act of god" clause. Read your policy under the exclusions and usually you will see "act of war" there.

Not covered as far as I am aware. It is similar to the "act of god" clause. Read your policy under the exclusions and usually you will see "act of war" there.

I thought that everything came about because of an "Act of God"???????

Just back from that area. No talk of it at present (in a shipping sense).

Given the past, I'd say it's unlikely to affect anything.

If China is unable to exert influence on North Korea, despite its best efforts, I can see real problems ahead.

If China is unable to exert influence on North Korea, despite its best efforts, I can see real problems ahead.

I'd agree - but given the limited options in Pyongyang, that is very unlikely to be the case.

Note that China has just announced it will restore its (the sole international) service to Pyongyang - cut three weeks ago due to "low sales" but actually one of its sanctions.

I am not worried about them at all. In fact I am booked to go to Japan this October and November and to do cruises on the Diamond Princess.

north korea does not have any ability in their military to do what they claim they can do. I have no fear of them or their babbling lunatic of a leader.

I have however cancelled all plans to visit America for at least the next 8 years due to uncertainty over riots, protests and actually getting into the airports if they pull more immigration stunts.

We are off to Japan and South Korea in September/October and I think about it but have decided that if the situation escalates I will have more to worry about than my cruise. I imagine Celebrity would do something else for us unless the world is at war. However I too have cancelled plans to travel to the US.

Now the US President says North Korean President is a "cool cookie", and would be honoured to meet him. Good news if dialogue opens up between both countries.

They have lost the plot those pollies.:mad:

God bless America and North Korea, oh and Australia too.

Looking to fly Korean Air next year, Sydney to LHR, via Seoul for a stopover. no worries, cheap deals coming up, I wonder why? lol.

Hi everyone,

I noticed all of your comments about not touring the states. So, since I'm from Fl, I thought I should comment on what I understand to be true.

The riots and protests are paid for by George Soros. He has a group of followers who are paid to go from city to city to riot over anything that would tear this country apart to bring in a one world government. The majority of Americans are hard working peaceful citizens. But there are some who are very blinded to the lies being put out by most of the media. I am finding as time goes on that President Trump is more of a blessing than when he was first elected.

Hi everyone,

I noticed all of your comments about not touring the states. So, since I'm from Fl, I thought I should comment on what I understand to be true.

The riots and protests are paid for by George Soros. He has a group of followers who are paid to go from city to city to riot over anything that would tear this country apart to bring in a one world government. The majority of Americans are hard working peaceful citizens. But there are some who are very blinded to the lies being put out by most of the media. I am finding as time goes on that President Trump is more of a blessing than when he was first elected.

I am well aware the media loves to publish fabricated news stories and do not believe everything the news said. On one side I am glad the US President is taking a tough stance on north korea and I would fully support military action against that country. From my knowledge from my time in the Navy I know that north korea is an impotent country that is all talk and that any military action against the country would be swift with a extremely quick victory.

The reason I have no plans to visit the USA in the next few years is the uncertainty of tourist visas and the visa waiver program as well as convenience for myself that Asia is a shorter flight than a 24 hour delay to get to America.

Hi everyone,

Good post, thank you. We were in the US and then on a Panama Canal cruise from LA a week or so after Donald T got elected, no sign of any trouble and really of the many Americans we spoke to on land and sea, none even referred to the election.

Yes, I agree with Donald T re fake news by the media. I think the man is going well, as least he has some guts.:cool:

Good post, thank you. We were in the US and then on a Panama Canal cruise from LA a week or so after Donald T got elected, no sign of any trouble and really of the many Americans we spoke to on land and sea, none even referred to the election.

Yes, I agree with Donald T re fake news by the media. I think the man is going well, as least he has some guts.:cool:

I agree somewhat. He is not my cup of tea or type of person but the tough talk he takes on north korea is what I like to hear. On the other hand his attacks on John McCain is what I do not like to see, particularly the tweets calling him a traitor for sticking up for the US/Australia alliance a few months ago.

The curious thing about this new president is that on the one hand he will say and do something really smart and intelligent and we think it is great, then he takes to twitter with some sort of tantrum and undoes all the good he does.

We visited the US last year, the year before and the year before that. We'll be there again next month. No problem renewing our visas. And, I suspect, it will be business as usual.

We are booked on Asiana Airlines departing 20 December this year to LHR and on to Southampton for our very first cruise to the Canary Islands on QE2. I must admit I am a bit nervous that everything is all OK because I am really looking forward to our holiday. We have a stopover on the way over and on the way back so hope Seoul is still standing.