Anyone stayed in Suite 1050 on the Voyager?

journeyfan

I'm trying to book a cruise that is almost sold out. Unless I want to book a Penthouse A Suite , which I don't, the only other option available is Suite #1050, a Concierge A that is under La Veranda restaurant. Has anyone stayed in this area of the ship? Is it possible to sleep in the morning when staff is setting up for breakfast? Would very much appreciate some help here. I've cruised on the Voyager 6 times but always was booked on Deck 8 or lower..

Wrong boat....

Can't help, sorry - the only time I was on Voyager I was on Deck 8 aft. But looking at the deck plans, it looks like most of the noise from La Veranda would be more aft than 1050 - personally I think you'd be okay, but then again, I sleep pretty soundly...

Edited by UUNetBill
Wrong boat...

While we have not stayed under La Veranda on the Voyager, we did stay on deck 10 under the pool deck and would never consider doing that again. I would assume that the scraping of chairs and other noises would be heard in suites under La Veranda - just as they were under the pool deck.

Although there have been reports that the vibration on the Voyager is improved, other reports indicate that the vibration is still there so I would take that into consideration as well.

While we have not stayed under La Veranda on the Voyager, we did stay on deck 10 under the pool deck and would never consider doing that again. I would assume that the scraping of chairs and other noises would be heard in suites under La Veranda - just as they were under the pool deck.

Although there have been reports that the vibration on the Voyager is improved, other reports indicate that the vibration is still there so I would take that into consideration as well.

TC - I'd think that sound below the pool deck and La Veranda would be (hopefully) totally different. The crew is constantly moving the deck chairs around by the pool, and lifting and rolling things - La Veranda should mostly be setting up tables, without much table/chair moving, I'd hope.

I could be wrong, though. But given my choice, I'd stay under La Veranda before I'd stay under the pool deck. Once was enough for me there...

TC - I'd think that sound below the pool deck and La Veranda would be (hopefully) totally different. The crew is constantly moving the deck chairs around by the pool, and lifting and rolling things - La Veranda should mostly be setting up tables, without much table/chair moving, I'd hope.

I could be wrong, though. But given my choice, I'd stay under La Veranda before I'd stay under the pool deck. Once was enough for me there...

We may disagree on this one. When they are setting up La Veranda (for breakfast, lunch and dinner) large "things" containing food are being rolled around. Since we haven't been on Voyager since the refurbishment, I don't know if La Veranda is completely or partially carpeted (as you know, part of LV on the Explorer is and part isn't). We tended to sit in the uncarpeted section of La Veranda and the scraping of the chairs on the linoleum was really loud. The chairs also need to be moved around for cleaning. Perhaps the key to the noise issue is whether the suite is under tables with carpeting or under the uncarpeted areas in the kitchen and serving areas.

La Veranda is partially carpeted - the walkways and the serving area are covered in lino and the tables are all on carpet, except the outside, of course. 1050 looks like it would be partly under carpet and part lino but whether the entrance would project under the kitchen as well is not easy to ascertain.

Hope this helps you make a decision.

And of course a lot depends on your sensitivity to noise, and what hours you generally keep on a cruise. If you're an early riser, the noise may not be an issue - especially on a port-intensive itinerary. But if you like to sleep in and you have a lot of sea days, well, that could be a problem.

Not sure if it helps any, but there was a review of 1047 in the spreadsheets that didn't mention any noise issues (although the potential for noise was mentioned, the poster said they had no issues). I know this one's a few cabins more forward and on the other side, but it's a start...

Perhaps the key to the noise issue is whether the suite is under tables with carpeting or under the uncarpeted areas in the kitchen and serving areas.

It looks like 1050 is in the carpeted area. I stayed under the pool deck years ago on the Azamara Journey and the noise was horrible. We never got any sleep. If there's any chance being under La Veranda could be as noisy, I'll cancel despite how badly I want to take this cruise.

Hope I can find someone who's stayed in 1050 to help advise me.

Perhaps the key to the noise issue is whether the suite is under tables with carpeting or under the uncarpeted areas in the kitchen and serving areas.
It looks like 1050 is in the carpeted area. I stayed under the pool deck years ago on the Azamara Journey and the noise was horrible. We never got any sleep. If there's any chance being under La Veranda could be as noisy, I'll cancel despite how badly I want to take this cruise.

Hope I can find someone who's stayed in 1050 to help advise me.

We were under La Veranda on the Mariner once, closer to the entrance and heard the noise from high heels at mealtime. Annoying, I would choose it (it was from a guarantee reservation assignment) but not a deal breaker for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We were under La Veranda on the Mariner once, closer to the entrance and heard the noise from high heels at mealtime. Annoying, I would choose it (it was from a guarantee reservation assignment) but not a deal breaker for me.

Oops, I meant NOT choose it!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Yes we were just on Mariner in a beautiful suite just below the Veranda. No issues in the evening but yes, some noise early in the morning. So I suspect from a noise perspective, a similar comparison to your suite, but we would say the aft deck and view far outweigh any noise from above.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Given the comments on this suite and the fact that it is the only one, I would likely book it. If we can put up with the noise from the Observation Lounge on the Explorer (in a Grand Suite above the lounge), I suppose it is better than not being to take the cruise. Sometimes ear pugs are a good thing.:D

Given the comments on this suite and the fact that it is the only one, I would likely book it. :D

Thanks, Travel Cat. That's what I'm deciding. And thanks also, drib, for saying you were in 1050 and experienced no noise problems. I think with my white noise machine cranked up, I should be OK. I also googled "Voyager 1050" and found another couple who also were in that suite and they weren't bothered by noise from overhead. It's a great cruise... with marvelous ports... and I'm just glad I discovered it before it was completely sold out.

Given the comments on this suite and the fact that it is the only one, I would likely book it. :D
Thanks, Travel Cat. That's what I'm deciding. And thanks also, drib, for saying you were in 1050 and experienced no noise problems. I think with my white noise machine cranked up, I should be OK. I also googled "Voyager 1050" and found another couple who also were in that suite and they weren't bothered by noise from overhead. It's a great cruise... with marvelous ports... and I'm just glad I discovered it before it was completely sold out.

Not sure if it helps any, but there was a review of 1047 in the spreadsheets that didn't mention any noise issues (although the potential for noise was mentioned, the poster said they had no issues). I know this one's a few cabins more forward and on the other side, but it's a start...

Yes, we were in 1047 (under La Veranda, Starboard side) and had no noise or vibration issues during our 41 nights on board.........and we are not early risers. It appears that noise insulation between decks on Voyager is good :)

1050 is a little further aft and on the port side. As the port side is used for Sette Mari in the evening there may be more potential for some noise in the evening, but hopefully will not be a major issue and will not be very late.

Although we had no issues with vibration, other guests who we met during the cruise did complain about aft vibration and consequent rattling ceiling planks etc in their suites :(

journeyfan, hope you have a great cruise

1050 is a little further aft and on the port side. As the port side is used for Sette Mari in the evening there may be more potential for some noise in the evening, but hopefully will not be a major issue and will not be very late.

Thanks, flossie. I'm not concerned with noise during dinner as I won't be in the room and it sounds like morning noise isn't a problem so I'm going to book it.