Inside cabilns

Firsttimerlisa

It would be a deal breaker for us...Having that personal quiet outdoor space regardless of the itinerary is what we prefer...but everyone has the option of what's really important to them...so..give it a try...at least you'll then know for sure on your next cruise what has worked. Enjoy

For me it comes down to: location of the cruise and budget. In a warmer climate i like a balcony but in Alaska we have had an ocean view and an inside.

If we get a good deal we spring for balcony no matter where it is going.

As others have said you really don't spend alot of time in your room so I can live without a balcony!

Having fun is based on you not your room [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It would be a deal breaker for us. Hubby gets claustrophobic, and we both like spending time alone in the cabin, we aren't the "we only need a place to sleep" people. Like other said, it all depends on what you like and how you travel

We like to have them, but find we don't use them enough to justify the expense. EM

Same here. After always booking balconies "because" we decided to try an inside because we prefer standing at the back of the ship on the promenade deck and rarely used the balconies.

I like the sunlight coming in the window to make sure I don't oversleep, preferring to be up and out early enough for breakfast in the MDR rather than buffet. But in the last few years had inside cabins on an 11 night Transatlantic and a 10 night Bermuda cruise and didn't miss a thing. As someone who uses the cabin for not much more than "the four S's" the idea that the lack of an under-40 sq ft patch of outdoor seating is a dealbreaker just does not compute.

I like inside cabins because they are darker and I sleep better in them.

I like balconies when I can afford them, especially when they come with perks.

It very much depends on the cruise line, the itinerary, any deals, and the price. We choose whatever is appropriate and affordable at the time.

I like inside cabins because they are darker and I sleep better in them.

Me, too! living in Scandinavia with its 18/24 hours of summer daylight, the only decent sleep I get during the summer is in my inside cabin aboard a cruise ship.

When we have an inside cabin, at night we tune in the ship's bowcam channel, without sound. It's like having a window, dark all night and gradual lightening in the morning.

We actually disliked the balcony cabin that we were moved to once. It seemed darker than an oceanview; we ended up only sitting out there one time in ten days.

We've had everything from an inside to a Neptune Suite and have enjoyed being in every one of them. To be honest, we don't use our balcony much when we do have one, so it doesn't make a lot of sense to spend the extra on them, unless they are a great deal. We love insides because we get the best sleep ever, and in every inside we've had, they never bothered my claustrophobia. One hint - bring along glow bracelets and leave one activated in the bathroom at night; it gives enough light that you don't have to fall all over yourself to try to find the bathroom in the middle of the night.

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

I don't mind inside cabins at all. Nice and dark for sleeping, and we spend a lot more time out of the cabin than in it. On the other hand, my hubby gets claustrophobic in an inside, especially in the dark, so we don't book those anymore. My guess is that a nightlight would take the curse off inside cabins for him, but I'm not going to try that since I don't want him to be unhappy if it doesn't work.

I think it boils down to are you an outgoing person who likes to be around others around the ship or do you want to get away from people and relax on your balcony.

I have been on cruises from inside to a penthouse and now book insides unless the itinerary is overwhelmingly compelling towards a balcony.

Save you money and go inside. Once outside your cabin, you are treated the same.

We usually sail in balcony cabins; I do spend a LOT of time on ours. Early in the morning, after breakfast, late at night, coming into or leaving ports, etc. However, one time on a TA on Celebrity Reflection the price difference from inside to balcony was $1200. We sailed in our first inside cabin. I was OK doing it on a Solstice Class ship (and Reflection is our favorite due to the redesign of the Sunset Bar) because I knew the ship well and knew plenty of areas I'd be happy spending time outside my cabin. So even if you are a person who spends a lot of time on your balcony, you can be happy with an inside cabin.

We like inside cabins. We also like balconies and suites. But what we like the most is cruising so choosing an inside allows us to cruise more often. The cabin we choose is first based on itinerary than price. Balconies or better are great but in reality we spend very little time on our balcony but If a balcony or better is a killer deal than that's what we book if not than it's and inside. .We like insides because of the cool darkness for sleeping. I also find that when we are in an inside we .

are out and about enjoying the ship earlier in the day.

Hi All,

This is my 3rd cruise. My first two, Carnival and Royal Caribbean had balconies. This time on Celebrity we have an inside cabin for 7 nights. Is this a deal breaker or am I spoiled?

What ship and the location or cabin number of the inside cabin?

Hi All,

This is my 3rd cruise. My first two, Carnival and Royal Caribbean had balconies. This time on Celebrity we have an inside cabin for 7 nights. Is this a deal breaker or am I spoiled?

Not a dealbreaker. We've gone to Inside cabins after balconies. Did 23 days inside on NCL Jade ta last year.

We've learned to put the tv on the ship's bow channel at night. Gives a bit of light and we can tell when daylight has arrived.