Carnival 72hr sale - good deal?

Looking at an 11 day cruise on Carnival Spirit that's included in the current 72hr sale/sail.

I'll be traveling solo and the cruise I'm looking at has 3 rooms available.

Guaranteed Ocean View $189 per day.

G'tee Balcony is $209 p/day

G'tee Interior is $173 p/day

I like working it out on a daily rate, easier to compare to other holidays (hotel rates + airfares etc).

This will be my 2nd cruise, I had a balcony on my 1st cruise &, loved it, but its not a deal breaker (maybe toss a coin to decide between ocean view or balcony hehe)

The sale ends tonight, good deal?

Are those prices per person or for two? If per person, then that's not a sale. :eek: Those prices are very high. You should be able to get an interior cabin for under $100 per day in a true sale.

We scored a Vista suite for $152pp per day last November.

That makes a difference. The only way to check if it's a good deal is to compare it with other cruises that aren't in the sale. There is one OZ online TA that is very easy to use for comparisons. I can't name it here but google will find it.

Thanks for the reply.

I have been checking online for the past couple of months comparing non-sale & sale fares for solo cruisers and I reckon anything <$200 per day (which equals <$100 per couple p/day) is a good deal....damn! did I just answer my own question? LOL!

cheers

Thanks for the reply.

I have been checking online for the past couple of months comparing non-sale & sale fares for solo cruisers and I reckon anything <$200 per day (which equals <$100 per couple p/day) is a good deal....damn! did I just answer my own question? LOL!

cheers

Yep! ;) :p :D

You could always book a twin and have a no show on the day just make sure your the first person on the booking.

It is usually cheaper to book and pay for twin room and you can get a bigger room with queen size bed all to yourself :)

You could always book a twin and have a no show on the day just make sure your the first person on the booking.

It is usually cheaper to book and pay for twin room and you can get a bigger room with queen size bed all to yourself :)

Not necessarily. Carnival solo prices seem to be a tad less than twin * 2 - the difference may be port fees for 1 person. Also all cabins in a particular category are the same so booking as a twin and having a no-show doesn't mean you'll get a bigger cabin it just means you're not sharing that space with anyone else.

Some cruise lines do have solo cabins on some ships, but I think that's fairly rare. I don't think Carnival Spirit is one of those ships.

Thanks for your replies.

I never thought about booking a twin instead of solo....but I did think the opposite,,,,If I'm sailing solo and paying for a 2, maybe treat my friend/brother to a cruise".

Anyways, I ended up not booking for various reasons, (waiting for my 'cruise buddies' to make up there minds, oh and falling asleep due to shift work lol) . But thanks again for your replies and input.

Cheers

Carnival will have another 72 hour sale in a month or 2. I don't know if you get e-mails from Carnival every month with offers & deals. Cause instead of booking that same 11 night south pacific cruise i went with 6 nights at The Melbourne cup with $200 OBC per person for $999 each. So works out to be approx $134 a day but i do get free entry to The Cup ($102) & oaks day ($63) included. Hope you find something :=)