Cost of name change with NCL

Toptart

Could someone please advise me if they have ever made a name change to a passenger in their party and what the cost was?

My mother who is 82 us currently in hospital and may not make the cruise to the med in June. I have been advised that because I booked through an agent I had to contact them. This I did and they were told by NCL that we have to cancel and rebook at today's prices. Utter unbelievable for a flick of a pen. Has anyone else encountered this?

First, you should be asking this on the board here for NCL, under Cruise Lines A-O. Second, it would help if you told us where you are. Rules are different in Europe/UK than in North America. Most on these boards will assume you are in the US. You appear tobe after final payment date, so that may play a part. EM

Could someone please advise me if they have ever made a name change to a passenger in their party and what the cost was?

My mother who is 82 us currently in hospital and may not make the cruise to the med in June. I have been advised that because I booked through an agent I had to contact them. This I did and they were told by NCL that we have to cancel and rebook at today's prices. Utter unbelievable for a flick of a pen. Has anyone else encountered this?

Post your question on the NCL board for experienced answers but as an NCL cruiser my understanding is that even after final payment NCL will do a name change at no cost.

Tell your TA to call NCL again and talk to a different rep, asking for a supervisor if necessary.

Guessing the OP is not from the USA so the policies cited in the response above mine may not apply.

But one possible issue: is your mother in a cabin by herself? To process a replacement passenger as a simple name change rather than a cancellation & rebooking, there usually must still be one original name from the booking in that cabin. If there was only one to begin with a swap may not be possible.