ROLL CALLS - What Are They and How Do You Find Yours?

Host Anne

Hello Sabourli ~ welcome to Cruise Critic. This isn't the thread where you will find others interested in sharing a cab with you. This thread is about learning how to find your roll call for your cruise.

I have located your roll call for Reflection (GREAT ship, by the way) and you can find it by clicking here: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1903248&page=35 This is where all those on your sailing are chatting. Re-post your question on your Roll Call thread and hopefully you'll find others interested in sharing a cab.

Have a fantastic cruise!

There have been several threads started here recently on the main Celebrity board where cruisers are searching for others sailing with them. It occurred to me that we have so many new members here on Cruise Critic that many may not be aware that we have a ROLL CALL section within Cruise Critic where you can find others cruising with you.

Therefore, I thought I'd post a quick note to explain what ROLL CALLS are and how you can find one for your sailing.

WHAT ARE THEY?

Roll Calls were started for individual cruise lines so that our members could "meet up and chat with" others who they'lll be sailing with. This made it much easier to find others on your cruise instead of scrolling through all the threads here on the main Celebrity board.

HOW DO YOU FIND YOUR ROLL CALL?

There is a separate ROLL CALLS section on the main page of our BOARDS. Here is a link directly to the ROLL CALL area for Celebrity ships (called Celebrity Connections). http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=206 Click here and then locate your ship that you'll be cruising on. You'll then have to scroll and search for your particular cruise. Celebrity's roll calls are very popular and you can usually find a roll call for sailings within six months of your cruise.

WHAT IF I CAN'T FIND A ROLL CALL FOR MY SAILING?

You can start one! In the thread title, be sure to include the name of your ship, your sail date and year. Some roll calls get started very early, others start closer to sailing dates; some are very active; some tend to be a bit more quiet. Regardless of how active a roll call is, this is a great opportunity to meet some folks sailing with you.

IF MY ROLL CALL IS SLOW, CAN I POST IT ON THE MAIN BOARD?

No. Please don't post threads looking for others cruising with you on the main boards. Roll calls became so popular that there was a need to set up a separate area for them. We ask that you keep roll call discussions to your roll call in the ROLL CALL area and keep the main board open for general Celebrity cruise discussions.

If you need assistance with a roll call, please feel free to contac me or Host Walt and we'll be happy to help.

HAPPY SAILING!

Thank you forallthe info.

If many ones will keep up & on the roll call post more it will stay active.

Thank you forallthe info.

If many ones will keep up & on the roll call post more it will stay active.

I'm a new member and can't seem to find how to submit a new "post" on the "Roll Call" forum. Please show me how.

Much thanks,

SonnyJoe

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Sonny ~ welcome to Cruise Critic.

Tell me what ship and what your sailing date is and I'll locate your roll call and post a link to it here.

How do I start a roll call for Celebrity Infinity South America March 15th 2015

valprasio to Ft Lauderdale

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
How do I start a roll call for Celebrity Infinity South America March 15th 2015

valprasio to Ft Lauderdale

Here's the link to the Infinity March 15, 2015 Roll Call: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1830815&page=38

Remember, the complete instructions for finding roll calls are detailed on page 1 of this thread! ENJOY your cruise!

Host Andy my cruise is on Nov. 4 ,2015 Celebrity Constellation 15 night 3 continent transatlantic. Thanks for your help in advance

Here you go, Skip: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2014270

Great ship, great itinerary and you are leaving on my birthday :) ENJOY!!!!

Hi everyone ~ I realize that not everyone looks at the first page of this thread where we've posted details on finding your roll call, so I'm going to post them here again. Mods don't always get back to these specialty threads so we may not get a chance to quickly help you find your roll call. I'll try to remember to repost these instructions ever so often.

There have been several threads started here recently on the main Celebrity board where cruisers are searching for others sailing with them. It occurred to me that we have so many new members here on Cruise Critic that many may not be aware that we have a ROLL CALL section within Cruise Critic where you can find others cruising with you.

Therefore, I thought I'd post a quick note to explain what ROLL CALLS are and how you can find one for your sailing.

WHAT ARE THEY?

Roll Calls were started for individual cruise lines so that our members could "meet up and chat with" others who they'lll be sailing with. This made it much easier to find others on your cruise instead of scrolling through all the threads here on the main Celebrity board.

HOW DO YOU FIND YOUR ROLL CALL?

There is a separate ROLL CALLS section on the main page of our BOARDS. Here is a link directly to the ROLL CALL area for Celebrity ships (called Celebrity Connections). http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=206 Click here and then locate your ship that you'll be cruising on. You'll then have to scroll and search for your particular cruise. Celebrity's roll calls are very popular and you can usually find a roll call for sailings within six months of your cruise.

WHAT IF I CAN'T FIND A ROLL CALL FOR MY SAILING?

You can start one! In the thread title, be sure to include the name of your ship, your sail date and year. Some roll calls get started very early, others start closer to sailing dates; some are very active; some tend to be a bit more quiet. Regardless of how active a roll call is, this is a great opportunity to meet some folks sailing with you.

IF MY ROLL CALL IS SLOW, CAN I POST IT ON THE MAIN BOARD?

No. Please don't post threads looking for others cruising with you on the main boards. Roll calls became so popular that there was a need to set up a separate area for them. We ask that you keep roll call discussions to your roll call in the ROLL CALL area and keep the main board open for general Celebrity cruise discussions.

If you need assistance with a roll call, please feel free to contact me or Host Walt or Host Andy and we'll be happy to help.

HAPPY SAILING!

Edited by Host Anne

• 3 weeks later...
Hi,

Looking at the Celebrity Equinox Dec 12 roll call. Nothing is showing up. It was very active and we were all making plans but now it is empty. I looked at cruises around it an they have postings. any idea what happened?

Thanks,

Duane

I just looked at that roll call. There are 58 pages with the last post being last night.

Are you sure you were looking at the right one?

Here is the link:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1859929

Edited by DinaS

Thanks yep it's there. I was going through the links on the roll call page and could see all but the cruise I was on. Go figure. And, I've been posting on the thread for 4 months :)

Since no one else was complaining I figured it might be me.

Duane

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Anne,

I tried to start a new roll call for Celebrity Summit - June 12, 2016 since I could not find one. Now when I try to locate this roll call via the roll call tool, it isn't listed. I just was hoping that it can be found by anyone else on this cruise.

Thank you very much,

Evelyn

Hi Evelyn ~ I see you found your way back to the Summit Roll Call thread you started. Here's a link in case you have problems in the future: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2229817

The best thing is to do to find it is use the QUICK LINKS tab in the Yellow bar at the top of this page and scroll down to SUBSCRIBED THREADS. This will give you a listing of threads you have posted to. You can always find your threads this way until you actually delete your subscription to a thread.

ENJOY!

• 1 month later...

For some reason, I can no longer see the threads for the Celebrity Constellation May 31, 2016 Roll Call on my computer. When I click on "See More", I get a message that thread can't be found. However, I can see them when accessing the Roll Call on my iPhone. Anyone else experiencing this? It was a merged roll cal.