How Many Kids Likely on Millennium Alaska

ejsnyc

Planning a first time cruise for me, my spouse and our 8 y/o son to Alaska for July/Aug 2016 and strongly considering Millennium O/W between Seward and VC.

Looking for feedback on how many other kids in that age range are likely to be on board during that time (school summer vacation).

Thanks.

Despite the fact that we live in Alaska we've done several Alaska cruises, including three on Celebrity ships. Alaska itineraries tend to attract families (often multi-generational) and we've observed many more kids on Celebrity Alaska cruises than we've observed on other itineraries.

We just returned from a Solstice cruise to Alaska a few weeks ago. There were kids on board but I would say less than I have seen on any other cruise that we have been on. It definitely appeared to be an older crowd. I would also say that on this cruise, we saw more passengers riding on scooters than any other cruise.

Having said that, we did stumble onto one of the daytime kid’s events and there was probably 30-40 kids in the 5-10 year old range participating. So I assume they hold other age appropriate activities for older kids. The one thing I did notice was the kids occasionally having the outdoor pool to themselves (too cold for the adults ;)).