Offer from Mohegan Sun...any ideas as to where and where from?

tymike

Hi all...

I sailed the Summit from N.J. to Bermuda during the summer of 2014 as a result of an offer from the Mohegan Sun and loved it. I now have another offer for a voucher from the Sun either on Royal Caribbean or Celebrity for a '3,4 or 5 night' cruise to the 'Bahamas, Bermuda, and Caribbean'.

After scouring the respective line's websites I can't figure out if any of these cruises go out of N.J. or New York or if any would be during school vacation periods. I work in a school so can't go during when school is in session.

I am hesitant to drive nearly 2 hours to get to Mohegan on a Thursday night to pick up the certificate only to find out that there are no possible cruises to choose from. It would cost me a half day off and I don't want to do that if totally a waste of time.

Does Celebrity do a cruise of this length out of N.J. ever (not during school calendar) to the destinations listed on the voucher?

Thanks so much! :)

Celebrity and Royal Caribbean both sail out of Bayonne, NJ. They just built a new terminal there and are in the process of building parking.

Celebrity Summit only does 7-day cruises to Bermuda, and before they reposition to San Juan, they do a few 14-night cruises to Canada/New England.

Royal does do 5-night cruises to Bermuda as well as longer cruises to the Caribbean. I can't imagine any 3 or 4 day cruises to the Bahamas out of Bayonne, NJ. Those are normally out of Ft. Lauderdale or Cape Canaveral.

Celebrity and Royal Caribbean both sail out of Bayonne, NJ. They just built a new terminal there and are in the process of building parking.

Celebrity Summit only does 7-day cruises to Bermuda, and before they reposition to San Juan, they do a few 14-night cruises to Canada/New England.

Royal does do 5-night cruises to Bermuda as well as longer cruises to the Caribbean. I can't imagine any 3 or 4 day cruises to the Bahamas out of Bayonne, NJ. Those are normally out of Ft. Lauderdale or Cape Canaveral.

Wine-o is correct, there are Royal 5 day cruises to Bermuda from both NJ and Baltimore. If the NJ don't work out for whatever reason, Baltimore cruise port is right on interstate 95.