Cruise Critic Live Chat with Lisa Lutoff-Perlo - July 6

• Members

Hi there!

Our next Cruise Critic live chat will be with Celebrity Cruises President & CEO Lisa Lutoff-Perlo. The chat will take place at noon EDT on Monday, July 6.

Link.

Can't make the chat? No worries. You can leave your questions on the link above or here on this thread. Hope you'll join us!

Thanks for the update. Nice to see that Ms. Lutoff-Perlo will be Live chatting with us !

Edited by Host Andy

First...can't comment on the "link" site in the original posting.

Question: The grass is greener campaign focuses on the s-class ships....what about those 4 ships that have no grass at all...the M-class...or are they leaving the fleet?

In recent months, much has been done to focus on expanding suite benefits. What are the plans to also enhance the experience of the non-suite cruiser? After all, modern luxury should apply to everyone, and not just suite passengers.

Thank you for answering our questions! Best wishes for much success as president and CEO of Celebrity Cruises!

Hi there,

We currently have no plans to make any changes to our Select or Traditional dining options. Thanks!

Hi Celebrity Cruises,

I figured as much, and stated this on the other thread. I'm glad my crystal ball was correct :) . Thanks very much for confirming !

We will be unavailable. Will we be able to see a transcript, or will the "live" be done as a thread?

Hi Kenevenpar,

It will not be a "thread", as there's a separate forum on CC for live chat. Shortly after the live chat has ended, I will post a link on this thread, where you can view the comments.

Hope this helps !

Edited by Host Andy

There has been a lot of conflicting information about Luminae since it was originally announced. The biggest controversy is over breakfast and lunch hours and menu. Those that have booked or are now booking suites would like clarification as to what will really be offered.

One would hope that breakfast would be served until 10:00am and lunch until 2:00. The lunch menu should change daily, like dinner.

This is what your competitors in the $800-$1100 per night space offer. A real lunch restaurant experience with a daily changing menu.

( Oceania, Seabourn, Regent, Viking ).

Your predecessor set up an email address so that folks could contact him (actually his staff) directly if they had a problem or suggestion that couldn't be handled by any other function. That id: contactmichael@celebrity.com was actually quite helpful to some with unusual issues and as an outlet for frustration. Often those emails resulted in a personal call back from a staff member. That ID has been turned off.

Are you, or would you consider reactivating that concept with a "contactlisa@celebrity.com" email?

There has been a lot of conflicting information about Luminae since it was originally announced. The biggest controversy is over breakfast and lunch hours and menu. Those that have booked or are now booking suites would like clarification as to what will really be offered.

One would hope that breakfast would be served until 10:00am and lunch until 2:00. The lunch menu should change daily, like dinner.

This is what your competitors in the $800-$1100 per night space offer. A real lunch restaurant experience with a daily changing menu.

( Oceania, Seabourn, Regent, Viking ).

This is the post by "celebrity cruises", Celebrity's offical representative here on May 6th

Hi all,

We are excited about launching Luminae for our Suite Class guests. Luminae is now 100% operational across the Celebrity fleet. Beginning with each ship's next sailing, we will welcome our Suite Class guests for three meals a day, beginning with lunch on embarkation day.

Part of the confusion is that some ships seem to be having just brunch and others have breakfast and lunch but only on some days. There is no consistency....even though we have been "officially" told the above.

So please clarify Luminae's meals....and whether "celebrity cruises" speaks officially for celebrity.

Edited by ghstudio

Hi Kenevenpar,

It will not be a "thread", as there's a separate forum on CC for live chat. Shortly after the live chat has ended, I will post a link on this thread, where you can view the comments.

Hope this helps !

Thanks very much Andy!

Interested in the new M life / Celebrity program. I just called M Life in Vegas and they do not know how to link the two accounts together. I cruise on Solstice on July 17th and would like to get M Life tier credits for playing on board. Also Elite Plus on Celebrity. How do I sign up ?

Would Celebrity consider running the same Promotional Offers 'across the board'? So often there are Offers available in USA that are not available elsewhere. Many non-US citizens book through US travel agents to gain access to the Offers that surely should be available to everyone, wherever they happen to reside. I have read about weekly specials offered on a certain day of the week (can't remember which day as we don't get this in UK), and what are Resident rates? :confused:It would be so much easier to book if we all had the same opportunity to access the promotions. I know that there are UK only promotions, but not as often or as good. It would be easier for everyone to know that Offers were available to all. (Only my opinion, of course).

After years and years of the least "user friendly website ever" please

ask if she is going to hire someone who will fix it? And is she aware

of all the problems, issues and problems that the Celebrity website

has caused over these years?

"MODERN TECHNOLOGY" ?......does she consider that one of the most

important factors in the 21st Century?

Are Celebrity going to offer the same Wifi packages that Royal Caribbean have put in place on Anthem of Seas etc.. ($25 dollars a day approx. for two devices)

We think this is a really good idea - the more access you give people to wifi the more they promote your company and brand by tagging, tweeting and sharing posts of their amazing cruise... its win win.