Infinity October 29th - Halloween Party???

jjthekb

We were on the Infinity for Halloween 2013, and the activities staff hosted a fun costume party that night in the Constellation Lounge, which had been decorated for the occasion. Guests were judged on their costumes, and prizes were awarded. The Captain was there as well. I was amazed by the complex and creative costumes that people had managed to bring aboard a cruise ship.

Many passengers had also decorated their cabin doors for the sailing.

One note of caution: since then, Celebrity has reduced the size of the activities staff, so no way to know what they will be doing now. But I hope you have a party!

HappyHalloween1024x678_zps287ac42c.jpg

(photo by turtles06)

We were on the Infinity for Halloween last year. A LOT more people were into it than the staff initially suspected. There were some themed drinks and whatnot followed by a costume "contest" in the Constellation Lounge Halloween Night.

The Costume Contest was ridiculously well attended - Standing Room Only. There must have been 100 or more guests in very elaborate costumes; ranging from single participants to couples to entire groups!

We had a Cruise Critic Roll Call-based Halloween Party in our Suite mid-afternoon and most of the folks stayed in their costumes throughout the entire night. I think the enthusiasm of the passengers began to infect the crew as they went from being not-that-involved to totally receptive. Rumor has it they decided to hold their own party later that night and many of the staff were grabbing whatever they could find for costumes.

All in all it was an awesome time! Everyone was really, really in to it.

We were on the Infinity for Halloween last year. A LOT more people were into it than the staff initially suspected. There were some themed drinks and whatnot followed by a costume "contest" in the Constellation Lounge Halloween Night.

The Costume Contest was ridiculously well attended - Standing Room Only. There must have been 100 or more guests in very elaborate costumes; ranging from single participants to couples to entire groups!

We had a Cruise Critic Roll Call-based Halloween Party in our Suite mid-afternoon and most of the folks stayed in their costumes throughout the entire night. I think the enthusiasm of the passengers began to infect the crew as they went from being not-that-involved to totally receptive. Rumor has it they decided to hold their own party later that night and many of the staff were grabbing whatever they could find for costumes.

All in all it was an awesome time! Everyone was really, really in to it.

Our group will be on Infinity in Oct 2016 for Halloween; but we will arrive in Aruba at 2pm for an overnight. Several folks are headed to local restaurants and watering holes for the evening. That will make scheduling anything in the evening kinda difficult....

We're trying to figure out what we, as a group, can do. Perhaps we can wear costumes for a group lunch before we scatter; anyone got ideas?

Cheryl

glad you posted here....hope this thread gets good ideas that can apply to our cruise next yr... have to remember some door decor!

Hcat

Edited by hcat

We've been on two TA's that were over Halloween. I can report that it was very much like what David just wrote a couple posts above. Although we don't "do" Halloween there were more participants than I expected. Interesting to see the costumes.

These were on Eclipse and Equinox. Perhaps 200 people were in some sort of costume, some very elaborate and detailed. I was honestly surprised at how so many adults were into it.

We are on this Halloween sailing.... will definitely decorate and check out the costume party. We did a Princess cruise once over Halloween, and they had decorations ALL over the atrium.... including dozens of cleverly carved jack-o-lanterns. :)

Edited by julia

I forgot to mention one neat thing; through our Roll Call a bunch of people organized a really cute form of Trick or Treating.

I think there were 8 or so Cabins involved. Everyone hung a plastic bag outside their door and brought small gifts from back home (think Candy Bars, postcards, bottle openers, etc.). On the Night Before/Morning of Halloween you went around a dropped off a gift in everyone else's bag and they in yours. It was a neat, easy, and low key way to learn a bit more about where everyone was from and get to know the Halloween enthusiasts better!

I forgot to mention one neat thing; through our Roll Call a bunch of people organized a really cute form of Trick or Treating.

I think there were 8 or so Cabins involved. Everyone hung a plastic bag outside their door and brought small gifts from back home (think Candy Bars, postcards, bottle openers, etc.). On the Night Before/Morning of Halloween you went around a dropped off a gift in everyone else's bag and they in yours. It was a neat, easy, and low key way to learn a bit more about where everyone was from and get to know the Halloween enthusiasts better!

I like that idea....

Since I'm driving to FLL from Texas for my cruise, I am bringing with me a box of Halloween decorations and stuff I no longer use, to leave with the crew. When I travel during XMAS holidays I do the same with ornaments and small trees.

I like that idea....

Since I'm driving to FLL from Texas for my cruise, I am bringing with me a box of Halloween decorations and stuff I no longer use, to leave with the crew. When I travel during XMAS holidays I do the same with ornaments and small trees.

I know your intentions are good, and I'm sure no crew member to whom you have ever given anything has expressed anything but gratitude (they are paid to serve you and make you happy), but they live in very close quarters and query whether they really want to be gifted with "stuff" that passengers "no longer use."

I know your intentions are good, and I'm sure no crew member to whom you have ever given anything has expressed anything but gratitude (they are paid to serve you and make you happy), but they live in very close quarters and query whether they really want to be gifted with "stuff" that passengers "no longer use."

So what?? I'm betting that they WILL use it; and even if they dump it afterwards, I don't really care.

Last fall on the Reflection T/A, the entertainment staff got about 20 guests to volunteer and they all rehearsed several times, then dressed as zombies and did a "Thriller" flash mob in the main atrium. :)

All three floors were PACKED... even if some of the guests' dancing, was even WORSE than some of the costumes. :eek: :D

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Anyone know if the ship does a Halloween party? And if so what's it like?

I am also scheduled to be on the Infiniti over Halloween and I'm coming with a group of six and I know we all are dressing up for the costume contest I called celebrity and they said its up to the vessel but when I researched it it shows that Infinity is always done something for Halloween

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Thanks for posting the video, I love Halloween and think it would be great fun!

I wonder if any of the folks in costume are the same ones who say they can't bring formal wear because they don't have room in their luggage ;)

Happy sailing,

Jenna

• 2 months later...