smoking on the Silhouette

May B

I'm sure someone will correct me if I am wrong:

Smoking is port side. Your cabin is on Starboard side. You won't smell smoke.

Been on the Port side every S Class ship I've been on. The Port side cabins have odd numbers so as Rufferto indicated you will be fine.

The thing is, I was so sure it was port -- until I read on that thread about S-class cabins that's it starboard. And then I remembered being "shocked" to find it starboard, either on Reflection last year or Equinox, a few years back.

So now I have one vote saying it's starboard, and specifically near Cafe Al Baccio, and three votes saying it's port.

I tried reservations, but she only found that it's in a designated area.

I thank all of you for your help. Don't you love Cruise Critic??

Heck, don't you love cruising??!!

--May

So now I have one vote saying it's starboard, and specifically near Cafe Al Baccio, and three votes saying it's port.

It was port side the first week of August, mostly forward (next to the exit of the Theatre). This vote was brought to you by a smoker. :rolleyes:

If you do happen to walk there and you see more smoke than you'd expect near the Theatre, don't panic unless it also smells like smoke. I alarmed a crewmember, but it turned out to be steam from the AC of the Theatre itself. I wasn't the first to report that day :)

Hi all,

Does anybody know the location of the smoking area on deck 5 of the Silhouette?

I'm concerned about whether cabin 6240 might be affected.

--May

Only if they are refueling on the Port side -- they will temporarily move it over to the Starboard side.

• 3 weeks later...
So we are in 6103 and from pics it doesn't look like there is an area below us to smoke but im worried? Any help? We are non smokers and I like my balcony but ill switch if I have to

Smoking seems to be mid-ship on deck 5. Not only are you well forward of that, but with the ship moving forward when not docked, you'll be going away from where the smoke might be drifting!

That's my understanding of it, anyway.

So we are in 6103 and from pics it doesn't look like there is an area below us to smoke but im worried? Any help? We are non smokers and I like my balcony but ill switch if I have to

Smoking is on the other side of your cabin. I'm not sure how far Deck 5 extends beneath your cabin. If it does, it's probably into a crew only area. If you are happy with your cabin I would not change.

Smoking is on the other side of your cabin. I'm not sure how far Deck 5 extends beneath your cabin. If it does, it's probably into a crew only area. If you are happy with your cabin I would not change.

If by "other side" you mean aft of their room then probably. If you mean on the starboard side then I think this thread has concluded that smoking is designated on the port side, and 6103 is port.

I think the smoking area extends further front and back than just outside of Bistro On 5, but I've never been in this area for any extended time so I'm not sure.

Yes I book the even numbers (starboard) on the Reflection and Silhouette to be away from the smoking side.

I did hear from a couple at our table who had a cabin on the 7th deck portside that they smelled smoke on the last night but not on any other nights.

Remember if you are unfortunate to have people who don't recognise the rules, like smoking on their balcony, contact guest relations. We made the mistake of asking them not to smoke, the abuse from our French Canadian neighbours was unbelievable.

Edited by mickey89
typo