Comedy club on Reflection

Princesshhi

I am a baby boomer (64) and my husband and I very much enjoy adult comedy shows. I am surprised that the cruise lines are taking so long incorporating them into their cruise entertainment...after all we are now the median age group sailing these ships....not our very elderly and passed parents.

We have been on Allure of the Seas and Oasis of the Seas and they have a comedy showroom and great comedians...we loved it!

We are the Woodstock generation, time to make us feel welcomed!!:D

I had searched on the x website when someone asked recently about comedy club. Google could take me to the "old" page which had the picture of flavor flav .. but the page was not active on the X website.

the Celebrity Official confirmed that the Sin City Comedy show was no more.

i agree about the burlesdque show - glad to see that go, but wish they would bring back the comedians.

I "think" I remember the days when there were always new comedians every night. I think when we sailed Dream a few years back, every night Carnival flew in a new comedian. And they were funny!

I think the norm seems to be one or two comedians per sailing, and they repeat the same set a few times during the cruise. That is what most ships seems to do now as a minimum. some will do a family set early on - and then an 18+ set late night.

Reflection had a comedy club when we cruised last year. Do they still have a comedy show?

i saw a posted copy of reflection's dailies from July 2015 that there was adult comedy in "o" several nights during an eastern med. cruise.

We had a comedian who did a show one night in the big theater. Then the CD asked the audience if we wanted him back for a late night show later in the cruise. He did come back a couple of nights later.

I enjoyed Sin City, especially the comedy.

We found the Sin City show to be really awkward with the burlesque part...just didn't seem to fit.

Agree completely. I would always comment to my wife that the "stripper's" parents really must glad they spent all that money on the dance lessons.

However, at least she has a job!

We were on the Reflection in July and there was no comedy club. They did try to have some 'comedy' evenings in one of the venues which I'm guessing may have once been a comedy club, and I have to say it was one of the poorest efforts I've seen. It was the CD and ACD hosting game shows and it was just an audience-screaming interactive show. Neither of the hosts controlled it at all well and it was just a pointless free-for-all. Do it properly or don't do it at all.

I am a baby boomer (64) and my husband and I very much enjoy adult comedy shows. I am surprised that the cruise lines are taking so long incorporating them into their cruise entertainment...after all we are now the median age group sailing these ships....not our very elderly and passed parents.

We have been on Allure of the Seas and Oasis of the Seas and they have a comedy showroom and great comedians...we loved it!

We are the Woodstock generation, time to make us feel welcomed!!:D

Interestingly Carnival has had late night comedy shows for a number of years- place was always packed. On the cruises we were on there were always 2 comedians on board both did family friendly shows and adult shows. Last time we sailed Carnival was 2012 so things may have changed.

We had a late night adult comedian show last weekend on the Majesty of the Seas. He was the headliner the 1st night, then came back for the 11:45pm show on the last night in the main theater. You'd think if RCCL was still putting on a comedy show, then CCL would be doing something similar. I recall the comedy club on Eclipse would get very crowded at night, and it was the same show each time. We love a good laugh...gotta say we were pleased with the show we saw on MOTS over Labor Day. Hope there is something similar on Reflections in November.

We found the Sin City show to be really awkward with the burlesque part...just didn't seem to fit.

Awkward is a great description of this show.:rolleyes: I'm not sure what the problem was.

On longer cruises, >10 days, we really appreciate a comedy night or 2.

We've seen some great shows on X, hopefully we will again.

I think the Lines need to have some smaller venues to try new things and, offer more adult entertainment . I know some can fine it offensive but, others do not. and, by keeping the venues smaller they can provide service to those that like a spicier form of comedy (or whatever) as well as gage the passengers changing interest in entertainment options over the long term.

Awkward is a great description of this show.:rolleyes: I'm not sure what the problem was.

On longer cruises, >10 days, we really appreciate a comedy night or 2.

We've seen some great shows on X, hopefully we will again.

I think the Lines need to have some smaller venues to try new things and, offer more adult entertainment . I know some can fine it offensive but, others do not. and, by keeping the venues smaller they can provide service to those that like a spicier form of comedy (or whatever) as well as gage the passengers changing interest in entertainment options over the long term.

I agree. While I personally didn't appreciate the Sin City show, I know many did. It wasn't so much that it was spicy, it was just not well done. The female performer just didn't have (IMHO) confidence in what she was doing. It was, as described above, awkward.

We've gone to comedy shows that have been clearly 'adult'. Some were just plain nasty- we will leave those. And some were so darn funny that we could not help but stay and laugh! I would not censor all adult humor and say that it does not belong on a cruise. It belongs at the late night, no children showing and people are free to leave if they find it offensive.

Exactly how I feel.....And while the musicals are ok......I get tired of PG Grease remakes and the like....I would not mind an occasional concert onboard...I recently saw Bob Seger in concert at mandalya bay in Vegas...and while I noticed he took a few oppertunities to sit while playing guitar. His voice was great......Booking some popular 70's or 80's acts would be right in line with alot of the Celebrity demographic.....alot of the 80's music is also ok with those in the 30-50 range as well.

I agree. While I personally didn't appreciate the Sin City show, I know many did. It wasn't so much that it was spicy, it was just not well done. The female performer just didn't have (IMHO) confidence in what she was doing. It was, as described above, awkward.

We've gone to comedy shows that have been clearly 'adult'. Some were just plain nasty- we will leave those. And some were so darn funny that we could not help but stay and laugh! I would not censor all adult humor and say that it does not belong on a cruise. It belongs at the late night, no children showing and people are free to leave if they find it offensive.