Upgrade oh my!

Wj420

On the upcoming 10/15 Equinox our friend went from an inside to a balcony guarantee for only $6 more. That was last Wednesday and now today she's been upgraded to a s2 sky suite! Amazing!
By any chance is this her first Celebrity cruise?

Wow. Awesome. I wish the fairy would visit me. I'd upgrade! But I'm on the Thanksgiving Reflection cruise so I doubt there will be a lot of opportunity to do so. Ahhh well. Someday!

I am on this same sailing and have been tracking things pretty closely. The ship is nowhere near full there are a lot of higher category balcony, suite, Aqua cabins available. Never say Never.

On the upcoming 10/15 Equinox our friend went from an inside to a balcony guarantee for only $6 more. That was last Wednesday and now today she's been upgraded to a s2 sky suite! Amazing!

Sorry, think you are missing some key information. No way did your friend get upgraded to a suite from an inside cabin for $6. At a minimum the inside to balcony would be $6 per person, per day and that sounds very implausible.

LOL - she is playing the global game of "StashTheCash" - You know the game we ladies play when we come home with a $500 dollar dress which "honey, only cost me $20 in the sales" ;)

And magical pairs of Louboutins appear out of our wardrobe which "Oh these ole' things - have been laying in there for years"..

Same with upgrading "Honey - guess what - I got us a suite for only $6":D

Aye right...;)

I paid 84 to go from a C2 to the corner aft, S2, then had to pay additional gratuities for the butler. I loved the cabin and felt I had gotten a deal... Congratulations....if you are happy, that is the main point![emoji39][emoji572]️ I was also elite.

Edited by Lastdance

Where does one need to look to see how full a ship is??

There are two things that I do to assess the situation. Step one is visit a site where I go "cruise" "fish"ing on the "net". Sorry I can't post the actual site name but if you google using the key words indicated you will find it. and step two is go to the UK version of the celebrity site and do a mock booking to view exactly the number of cabins available in the category I am stalking. Unlike the US site the UK site lists every available cabin not just the first 10-15.

Happy Stalking!

There are two things that I do to assess the situation. Step one is visit a site where I go "cruise" "fish"ing on the "net". Sorry I can't post the actual site name but if you google using the key words indicated you will find it. and step two is go to the UK version of the celebrity site and do a mock booking to view exactly the number of cabins available in the category I am stalking. Unlike the US site the UK site lists every available cabin not just the first 10-15.

Happy Stalking!

I will give that a try, thanks!!!!!

That is amazing! Tell them congratulations. It's good to hear of an Elite getting the upgrade instead of a newby.

We are on a sailing the week after this, but on the Eclipse out of Southampton. We already upgraded ourselves to a SS2, but sure would like to be upgraded to the PH! :D

She's elite and the upgrade was just on the web site today when she ordered the luggage tags.

I ordered my luggage tags today. Same stateroom that I booked. :( Perhaps I should have waited another week or two to order. :rolleyes:

I am on this same sailing and have been tracking things pretty closely. The ship is nowhere near full there are a lot of higher category balcony, suite, Aqua cabins available. Never say Never.

I know. I've been watching too and I can now go from a 1A to aqua for the same price when it was $400 more last week.

So what do you think is going on? I assumed it would be packed because of Thanksgiving but when I check, I see all of the open cabins too.

That is amazing! Tell them congratulations. It's good to hear of an Elite getting the upgrade instead of a newby.

We are on a sailing the week after this, but on the Eclipse out of Southampton. We already upgraded ourselves to a SS2, but sure would like to be upgraded to the PH! :D

I ordered my luggage tags today. Same stateroom that I booked. :( Perhaps I should have waited another week or two to order. :rolleyes:

Not a problem; order them again or just wait until you board...