C/maritime Port help

lolmerry

Hi,does anyone know if the Magellan put on shuttle buses,/ In ports/going to British isle discovery and trying to sort out what trips to do through the ship,Do not want to hire a car so will do a few trips,but sometimes when you arrive at the port you can get about yourself easy,

Orkneys/Stornoway/Tobermorry/Dublin/st petersport Guernsey/St Marys isle of scilly/Hornfleur/

If anyone has been on this cruise i would love to hear your experience of the ports,

Thanks Lolmerry

• 5 weeks later...

Hope I am not too late. I can only answer for Stornoway and Orkney. Last year I visited Stornoway and we tendered to shore. Stornoway is a small town easily walkable. There are buses to Callenish where you can see the standing stones. Orkney - Last year the port authorities provided a shuttle bus to Kirkwall where there is lots to see. This year we tendered to shore. Again there are buses to places of interest but it depends how long you have. Last year we hired a car and managed to see The Italian Chapel, The Ring of Brodgar and Skara Brae, have lunch at Skara Brae and be back in Kirkwall by 2pm.