Cruise and Maritime - Can you bring own alcohol onboard?

• 4 weeks later...

We did not try but as far as I know they did not search our suitcases. They did not scan our bags after shore visits. We took the all inclusive drinks package which was well worth it and we could sit in comfort in the bars rather than in our cabin.

can anyone tell me if you are allowed to bring your own alcohol and soft drinks on board when boarding in the UK or at any ports of call
I asked CMV this a few weeks ago for our cruise on Magellan which finished yesterday. No, you may not take any alcohol on board.

Also, bags are scanned on entry to the ship when returning from port visits. Duty free items bought on board are retained for collection on the last day of the cruise.

However, I'm not sure how they would know if you had spirits in your suitcase.

The all-inclusive drinks package was £17 per person per night - it cost us £408 and when I totted up the bar bills we had got through just over £700 of drinks.

Edited by S-and-J
Thought of more stuff.

• 1 month later...
I am thinking of booking a cruise with Cruise and Maritime. Please can anyone tell me if you are allowed to bring your own alcohol and soft drinks on board when boarding in the UK or at any ports of call

Thanks

What the rules say and what happens in practice are often different. Nobody has quoted an experience of a person having confiscated take-on booze. Perhaps they turn a blind eye because of the hassle it causes if you are refused?

I took bottles of wine onto the grand QM2 and it wasn't confiscated.