Lack of Dreamworks on Anthem of the Seas

I am fuming. I emailled RCCL to complain that Anthem was marketed as having the Dreamworks experience on board and it doesn't. I was told that RCCL never marketed Anthem as having the Dreamworks experience on board. I provided them with a long list of websites that are still advertising Anthem as having the Dreamworks experience on board. I have been told they are all third party websites and RCCL don't feel they are responsible for Anthem being marketed as having Dreamworks when it doesn't. So, am I meant to believe that all these cruise websites spontaneously made up a story that Anthem was going to have the Dreamworks experience on board?

I'm sure I originally saw Anthem on the list of ships on the RCCL website that had the Dreamworks experience but I think it's been changed and obviously I have no proof of this.

This brochure has Anthem but has other ships too but it doesnt say Anthem is not on Anthem -

http://viewer.zmags.com/publication/a886fe2f#/a886fe2f/8

BUT I have a brochure here at home ..it is called -

Europe 2015 (including sailings from the UK)

On page 4 it says -

Welcome to the LATEST,GREATEST Anthem of the Seas

Sailing exclusively from Southampton for the duration of summer 2015, Anthem of the Seas takes cruising to a whole new level. Here are just some of the amazing experiences waiting for you onboard...then it has pics of The North Star etc....BUT then it says

But with all these ground breaking features,there's still plenty of room for all the Royal Caribbean favourites - so you'll see the Flowrider,the Rock Wall and Vitality Spa to name a few. Not forgetting the popular Dreamworks Experience. All this plus incredible dining,entertainment and shopping options makes Anthem of the Seas a WOW not to be missed.

This brochure came from Royal Caribbean UK.

I will try take a pic to show you.

I am fuming. I emailled RCCL to complain that Anthem was marketed as having the Dreamworks experience on board and it doesn't. I was told that RCCL never marketed Anthem as having the Dreamworks experience on board. I provided them with a long list of websites that are still advertising Anthem as having the Dreamworks experience on board. I have been told they are all third party websites and RCCL don't feel they are responsible for Anthem being marketed as having Dreamworks when it doesn't. So, am I meant to believe that all these cruise websites spontaneously made up a story that Anthem was going to have the Dreamworks experience on board?

I'm sure I originally saw Anthem on the list of ships on the RCCL website that had the Dreamworks experience but I think it's been changed and obviously I have no proof of this.

When Anthem was first announced I remember seeing many of the third party websites that had complete deck plans and descriptions of the ship. They simply copies the existing plans from Quantum and wrongly assumed that Anthem would be identical.

Thank you! I can't seem to access the Australian site, it keeps defaulting back to the UK one :(

I've politely informed the gentleman at RCCL about the brochure, very very happy to find some proof that I wasn't making it up!

Edited by Nirrakel

Thank you! I can't seem to access the Australian site, it keeps defaulting back to the UK one :(

I've politely informed the gentleman at RCCL about the brochure, very very happy to find some proof that I wasn't making it up!

Well done finding that Liz!!

Always like to keep brochures for research and proof :D

Wish I could help more but at least you know you did not imagine it.

I wonder if it will only be when Anthem goes to her homeport at Cape Liberty that Dreamworks will be added.:confused:

But RCCL UK should not have said in their brochure that it would be on the ship when it isn't, especially when UK guests cannot cancel without losing deposit.

Ok I got the following reply after emailing Stuart Leven, thanks to Elizanessie kindly providing the address;

''Thank you for your email received and reviewed by Stuart Leven, Managing Director, who has passed it to me for reply.

Firstly, I am very concerned to learn that you have expected the Dreamworks Experience to be present on Anthem of the Seas, whilst this service is provided on a number of ships in our fleet, it is not available on Anthem of the Seas.

It is certainly never out intention to mislead any of our guests and as such I have immediately reviewed this matter with our Marketing Team. Following this I can confirm that Royal Caribbean have at no time advertised the Dreamwork Experience to be present on Anthem of the Seas. We have also worked very closely with out trade partners to ensure that the correct facilities are advertised on their respective sites, it is therefore concerning to learn otherwise.

Whilst I understand and appreciate you are disappointed that this particular service is not available, I would like to assure you that the ship does provide fantastic facilities and services the entire family, and you will certainly have an amazing holiday onboard.''

In closing, I certainly regret any misunderstanding, however I would like to assure you that the crew are looking forward to welcoming you onboard in May

I have responded quoting TA websites that still are showing dreamworks on AOS both UK & US.

Also if RCCL have not said dreamworks was on it why was I told by Customer services that it was. I also posted links to webcached RCCL sites that are not as efficient as the UK & US websites at redacting info. Also had a couple of pdf files attached, we'll see what bs I get back.

Ok I got the following reply after emailing Stuart Leven, thanks to Elizanessie kindly providing the address;

''Thank you for your email received and reviewed by Stuart Leven, Managing Director, who has passed it to me for reply.

Firstly, I am very concerned to learn that you have expected the Dreamworks Experience to be present on Anthem of the Seas, whilst this service is provided on a number of ships in our fleet, it is not available on Anthem of the Seas.

It is certainly never out intention to mislead any of our guests and as such I have immediately reviewed this matter with our Marketing Team. Following this I can confirm that Royal Caribbean have at no time advertised the Dreamwork Experience to be present on Anthem of the Seas. We have also worked very closely with out trade partners to ensure that the correct facilities are advertised on their respective sites, it is therefore concerning to learn otherwise.

Whilst I understand and appreciate you are disappointed that this particular service is not available, I would like to assure you that the ship does provide fantastic facilities and services the entire family, and you will certainly have an amazing holiday onboard.''

In closing, I certainly regret any misunderstanding, however I would like to assure you that the crew are looking forward to welcoming you onboard in May

I have responded quoting TA websites that still are showing dreamworks on AOS both UK & US.

Also if RCCL have not said dreamworks was on it why was I told by Customer services that it was. I also posted links to webcached RCCL sites that are not as efficient as the UK & US websites at redacting info. Also had a couple of pdf files attached, we'll see what bs I get back.

Did you tell them about the brochure RCCL UK sent out in snail mail which I have posted pics of ?

I am sure they are happy that this has been brought to their attention.

Many of the RCI websites around the globe have not added Ovation or Harmony yet and hopefully they can get those correct from the beginning.

Those ships do not currently have the DreamWorks experience as well according the US website. Scandinavia default to the US so it is not a problem there.

Brazil, Mexico, Spain, Australia, France and at some point the UK all got it wrong and most still state that the DreamWorks Experience is present on Anthem, when it is not.

I think it was just too easy to just copy the Quantum info over for Anthem and that might be where they got into trouble in making those assumptions.

I guess the only thing they can do for those that really insist the lack of DreamWorks would ruin their cruise experience would be to refund the cruise or transfer the passengers over to another ship that has the DreamWorks Experience.

Did you tell them about the brochure RCCL UK sent out in snail mail which I have posted pics of ?

No, I replied this morning before this thread began, however one of the PDFs I attached appears to be a Précis sheet of the page you photoed.

I am sure he will claim he meant RCCL UK never advertised dreamworks and not RCCL International.

No, I replied this morning before this thread began, however one of the PDFs I attached appears to be a Précis sheet of the page you photoed.

I am sure he will claim he meant RCCL UK never advertised dreamworks and not RCCL International.

At least you know that there was a paper brochure printed so no one can say it was an IT glitch on the website or some such garbage.

The brochure was designed and produced by Front Page - Glasgow UK.

Honestly if they just stuck some guy in a Shrek suit on board my two would be happy!

An apology and 'we made a mistake' goes a long way with me, a cover up and flat out lie and making me out to be a liar has really got my back up!

Royal Caribbean's youtube site has an official Anthem video which clearly shows Shrek, a Dreamworks character.

http://youtu.be/B76ublmS8B0

What resolution do you want? Cancellation with no loss of monies? I think somewhere in their terms they will have a get out clause saying onboard facilities can change at any time. Try highlighting this on social media as it may catch the attention of a lot more people including the media. Best wishes with your battle, I wish you well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by kevinyork

I want them to say 'sorry for calling you a liar' and stick a Shrek guy on board for a few hours - Got to be cheaper than refunding my cruise!

Absolutely. Terrible handling of this from RCI. Im like a dog with a bone and would not rest till I was satisfied with their response.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Re; Resolution, here is my situation (cue violins:rolleyes:) My eldest daughter has cerebral palsy & is wheelchair bound, her main love being Disney & Dreamworks films & characters. Both my daughters loved Dreamworks on Liberty so with, supposedly, Anthem being the only Dreamworks cruises from the Uk we booked one in May & one in August. As we had no reason to think otherwise we accepted her constant scanning of her Liberty scrapbook and looking at photos & videos of the characters on Quantum.

My younger daughter has had it explained to her and is unhappy but understanding, her sister just looks at us repeating 'ShrekShrekshrekmore'. (cue Simon Bates music)

So anyway what resolution;

Cancelation with full refund - Most unlikely to be offered but maybe on the 1st cruise but the 2nd we are cruising with friends

Future cruise credit - Dreamworks boats don't sail out of UK so if I could transfer it to Disney, yes please.

OBC - $s are not going to make the problem go away.

At the end of the day someone put their hands up and say we dropped a big hairy one, sorry for the negative impact on your holiday. I don't want to hear it's not RCCL's fault and told all the wonderful features for kids on Anthem, most of which my daughter is unable to access.

Sorry if you find this post maudlin & self serving, I hope you all enjoy your future cruises, we certainly hope to.

Re; Resolution, here is my situation (cue violins:rolleyes:) My eldest daughter has cerebral palsy & is wheelchair bound, her main love being Disney & Dreamworks films & characters. Both my daughters loved Dreamworks on Liberty so with, supposedly, Anthem being the only Dreamworks cruises from the Uk we booked one in May & one in August. As we had no reason to think otherwise we accepted her constant scanning of her Liberty scrapbook and looking at photos & videos of the characters on Quantum.

My younger daughter has had it explained to her and is unhappy but understanding, her sister just looks at us repeating 'ShrekShrekshrekmore'. (cue Simon Bates music)

So anyway what resolution;

Cancelation with full refund - Most unlikely to be offered but maybe on the 1st cruise but the 2nd we are cruising with friends

Future cruise credit - Dreamworks boats don't sail out of UK so if I could transfer it to Disney, yes please.

OBC - $s are not going to make the problem go away.

At the end of the day someone put their hands up and say we dropped a big hairy one, sorry for the negative impact on your holiday. I don't want to hear it's not RCCL's fault and told all the wonderful features for kids on Anthem, most of which my daughter is unable to access.

Sorry if you find this post maudlin & self serving, I hope you all enjoy your future cruises, we certainly hope to.

I am so sorry that your family will not have Dreamworks as you and they thought. I wish there was a magic wand out there that could make Dreamworks appear for your children and for others who were expecting to see them on Anthem of the Seas.

Maybe just maybe someone at RCCL will step up to the plate and admit RCCL did make a mistake...maybe not UK office but maybe RCCL US will step in...fingers crossed.

I totally agree with you.

I love the dreamworks experience. I am 40 this year, whilst on Anthem (Oct 2015) and would love to have celebrated it with "Puss in Boots". Who doesn't love a cat in boots, he's in boots for crying out load.

But now from reading everything and seeing that Dreamworks is not going to be onboard, I am disappointed as well. I can't really complain like you, my case hasn't got the same factors, but if I can help in anyway, let me know and I will try my hardest.

We could start an online petition, everyone ask the RCCL team on twitter and facebook "Where is dreamworks?"

If enough of us shout loud enough, someone would hear us!!!