Royal Caribbean Cabin Information Compilation -NO CABIN QUESTIONS POSTED HERE PLEASE!

Ship - Radiance

Deck - 10

Stateroom # - 1036

Stateroom Category – GS

Starboard or Port Side - Port

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – Very quiet. Only a few times heard a little bit of deck chair scraping from deck 11 above.

Was stateroom a connecting stateroom? - No

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – Pretty good balcony view. The overhang from deck 11 extends quite a bit further out than the actual balcony overhang itself so your view upward is restricted somewhat. Also there is a maintenance scaffolding that remains parked at the partition between 1036 and 1038 but it's not an issue (see photo below).

100_1669_zpsmbfitvrc.jpg

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Normal for class. Dimensions were (approximate) 23 feet by 4 feet.

Was wind a problem? - No

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? - N/A

Any specific problems with this cabin? - Toilets malfunctioned twice during cruise (i.e. quit working completely). Maintenance corrected both situations. The sliding balcony doors were extremely difficult to open (especially from the outside). Room steward called maintenance but said they couldn't properly fix it while at sea (which we were) and just oiled the track and it did help the sliding a little.

Any other comments? - Cabin was quite nice except for the toilet issues and the balcony door. The balcony overhang structure had some deterioration and flaking of the fill material which was very unsightly but the ship is due for dry dock in less than a year so I suspect these issues will be corrected at that point.

Edited by joepeka

Ship - Rhapsody

Stateroom # - 7154

Category - D1 balcony

Aft - overlooking wake

Quiet? - directly over Shall We Dance lounge so we could hear the thud of the base when music was played in the evening. I'm very intolerant of noise, but it wasn't intrusive.

We could hear the engines and feel a faint judder when the ship was underway. Occasionally, and for no apparent reason, this engine noise and juddering became more pronounced (waking us up one night)

Neither the music nor the engine sounds would stop us booking this cabin again

Connecting room - no

Balcony view - superb view of the wake

Balcony size - large enough to have 2 sunloungers, 2 chairs and a table high enough for dining. Cabins closer to the centre of the stern (7156,7158,7656,7658,7660) had even deeper balconies while those at the corners (7152 and 7652) had huge wraparound balconies

Was wind a problem - no. Very little breeze and even too hot at times on this tropical itinerary, but we requested and were given a large fan by reception

Was soot a problem? - occasionally a flake or two but hardly noticeable

Comments - plenty of storage space with 6 drawers and a corner cupboard with (I think) 6 shelves. Wardrobe had 3 rails for hanging clothes (one full length and two half height). 2 small night stands each with 2 drawers

Refurbished bathroom with shelving unit by the sink. Easily controlled shower with non-splutter head. Constant hot water to shower but the sink water never more than warm. I don't know if this is a shipwide problem but it was the same in cabin 2530

Probably the cleanest stateroom I've ever had, although the balcony floor did need a wash

Comfortable bed and pillows

Ship - Freedom of the Seas

Deck - 10

Stateroom # - 1706

Stateroom Category – Junior Suite (JS)

Starboard or Port Side - Aft

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – Extremely quiet. We never heard anyone in the hallways.

Was stateroom a connecting stateroom? - Yes, but not utilized on our cruise

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – Yes, we had a huge, lovely balcony. See photo below for view.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Oversized balcony for this class.

Was wind a problem? -No, in fact there was no wind at all, which made the balcony a bit hot.

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? - We encountered no soot at all.

Any specific problems with this cabin? - Our only complaint is that the balcony location prevents a breeze. Although the deck was lovely, we only used it in the morning, when it was cool.

Any other comments? - This suite has a great deal of storage. The bathroom is nicer than most cabins on this ship and includes a bathtub and tiled sink.

c9b37cab-ccb9-4209-a1dd-a104f03d846e_zpsctx19jcb.jpg

03ee6ca3-b021-4342-a5f4-d9c23e2780b2_zps1n9znasw.jpg

f8d38383-75c0-4bbe-b864-fa8af7b9319d_zpsooxlsp5i.jpg

8151447e-0894-43d8-99d2-2ee89c352885_zpslpfx15ph.jpg

20864f40-6f41-4a5f-9444-1a9ba20098de_zps51kfwgkj.jpg

a71c58ff-1430-447a-87a8-de1e2c5e09f9_zpszjlrwhex.jpg

Edited by LeslieK44
photo problems

• 2 weeks later...

Ship - Oasis of the Seas

Deck - 14

Stateroom # - 14278

Stateroom Category – D6

Starboard or Port Side - Port Side

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – I found this to be a very quiet room.

Was stateroom a connecting stateroom? -No

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – A little obstructed to the left but nothing that worried me, when you pulled into port you had a clear view.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Normal, small round table and 2 chairs.

Was wind a problem? -Not a problem at all.

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? -N/A

Any specific problems with this cabin? -None

Any other comments? -I would choose this cabin again it was close enough to elevators. I loved it.

Ship - Brilliance of the Seas

Deck - 10

Stateroom # - 1542

Stateroom Category – JS

Starboard or Port Side - Starboard

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – Very quiet

Was stateroom a connecting stateroom? - no

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – We could see the Bridge looking forward, but the rear of the ship was blocked by the hump.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Balcony was normal size for JS

Was wind a problem? - Did not experience a wind problem

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? - This was a forward/mid-ship cabin

Any specific problems with this cabin? - None

Any other comments? - This was the best cabin we've ever had (our second JS). Love the walk-in closet. We choose this cabin again. Very close to elevators.

IMG_0078_2.jpg.1027c7114e5a6e49c418a3f2cee50c26.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Ship - Allure

Deck - 8

Stateroom # - 8262

Stateroom Category – D7

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – YES

Was stateroom a connecting stateroom? - YES

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – NO

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - normal

Was wind a problem? -no

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? -

Any specific problems with this cabin? -

Any other comments? - will certainly book it again, close to the elevators, yet very quiet.

Ship - Allure

Deck - 10

Stateroom # 10616

Stateroom Category - D6

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) - YES

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue - Nice view. No obstructions. No lifeboats blocking the view, even though there was a lifeboat all the way down.

Balcony size? Normal or oversized for class? - Normal

Was wind a problem? - No

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? - n/a

Any specific problems with this cabin? - No

Any other comments? - Love this room and have already booked it for my cruise next year. I loved the bed by the balcony as on this ship, each room has it staggered (bed by closet, bed by balcony, etc). I felt this made the room feel larger and certainly gave room by bathroom and getting dressed. It was a bit of a walk to the elevators but not terrible. Very quiet location!

Ship -Explorer

Deck - 10

Stateroom # - 1256

Stateroom Category – GS

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – Yes, only heard noise from solarium 1 morning

Was stateroom a connecting stateroom? -No

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – Great view, no obstruction

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Normal

Was wind a problem? - Only when windy everywhere!!

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? -N/A

Any specific problems with this cabin? -No

Any other comments? -Lovely cabin and great cabin steward.

Ship - Royal Caribbean: Jewel of the Seas

Deck - Deck 9

Stateroom - 9260

Stateroom Category – D1

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – Yes, at the end of the ship. Only noise from daily announcements over the speaker in the hallway.

Was stateroom a connecting stateroom? - No.

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. - 180 degrees view from aft balcony. No obstructions.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - oversized. Two chairs + table and two loungers.

Was wind a problem? - No.

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? - Depending on the wind. We could smell soot on 2 nights (of 14 nights).

Any specific problems with this cabin? - There were every day the same problems with the toilet. We had to call minimum once per day maintenance to fix it.

1. We pushed the button and nothing happend (no sound, no flush, no vacuum)

or

2. We pushed the button and water was coming but no vacuum, even when toilet was empty.

Our neighbors in cabin 9660 had the same problem.

On port days there was in the morning no hot water available in the shower, only warm water.

In the evening there was only warm/hot water flushing out of the water tap. No cold water.

Any other comments? -

We loved the location of the cabin. The cabin was quiet and the balcony was huge. Space was enough for 14 nights cruise. We had a flat screen TV in the room. A lot of other cabins still have older TVs. The bed was a little bit to hard - but the stateroom attendant softend it up a little bit. On other RCCL Ships the beds are better.

1070068840_2015-05-0314_32_42.jpg.b11dc863dac3f1e5632ab274d07cce2e.jpg

1926914843_2015-05-0314_30_19.jpg.d044daf87cf5e284c6cfad769d07797d.jpg

1939558788_2015-05-0314_30_04.jpg.9521974a497ccc9272f5c7fa73077486.jpg

Edited by SteffilovesRCCL

Ship - Royal Caribbean: Oasis of the Seas

Deck - Deck 12

Stateroom - 12729

Stateroom Category – B1

Starboard or Port Side - Starboard Boardwalk view

DSCN0703_zpspnilfgks.jpeg

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) –

Notable Aqua Theater noise when they use the speakers until about 10 or 11 at night, depending on the evening programs.

Balcony View -See picture:

DSCN0765_zpsgs0rwdp2.jpeg

Balcony Size?

Normal. Divider can open to 12727:

DSCN9851_zpsqakbzs1b.jpeg

DSCN9861_zpsxjauzgle.jpeg

Was wind a problem? - No.

Any other comments? -

It was great to experience once, but I prefer an oceanview balcony. See many more pictures and tips about the cabin in my Oasis review:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2224751

Deck - 9

Stateroom # - 703

Stateroom Category – F3

Starboard or Port Side - Port Side

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – There was some noise from the boardwalk but not enough to keep us awake. If you are looking for complete quiet, this is not the cabin for you.

Was stateroom a connecting stateroom? - Not sure.

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – The balcony view was great! There was also some ocean view as well as a clear view of the aqua theater.

Was wind a problem? - Not at all (a pro of interior balconies)

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? - No

Any specific problems with this cabin? - Not that we were aware of.

Any other comments? - This is a great cabin, close enough to the elevators. The 9th floor was good for us because it was pretty much the middle deck so it was easy to go up to the pools or down to deck 5 without taking the crowded elevators on sea days. Lookout for the blow dryer in the drawer below the t.v. (i did not find it until the last day, I'm used to it being in the restroom). Overall we were very happy with the cabin.

Ship - Liberty of the Seas

Deck - 6

Stateroom # - 6222 - Booked a GTY, was assigned this within 3 hours of booking.

Stateroom Category – E1

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – Very quiet.

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – Very good balcony view. Looked down to the water directly.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Huge balcony. 2 chairs, one small table and one lounge chair.

Was wind a problem? - No

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? - N/A This is the fifth cabin from the front so no soot problem.

Any specific problems with this cabin? - NONE

Any other comments? - Cabin was huge! Lots of space to walk around. Location was fantastic, just one deck above the royal promenade.

Edited by Arzeena

Ship - Jewel

Deck - 10

Stateroom # - 1556

Stateroom Category – RS

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – Very Quiet (except daughter playing the piano :)

Did not hear any noise from above, could hear Centrum music on last night, no door bell runners!, very few kids on this cruise.

Due to location and having access to room from both sides of the centrum the traffic through hallway is minimal.

Only 1 person asked if they could come in room and have a look, funny thing was they

said they wanted to look at the RFS, as soon as I told them it was the RS and not RFS, they left.

Was stateroom a connecting stateroom? - NO

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue.

Beautiful large balcony, no obstructions, total privacy from RH side

we had 6 of us out there many a time and could have gotten another 20+ out there.

All wicker furniture, 2 Chaise Loungers, covered with large yellow RC towels

3 tables, 5 chairs all padded.

Right on the hump with small overhang, so a little wind, but privacy was perfect.

Cannot see suite beside you on RH-side, LH-side only can see if you lean over right on the rail by the dividers.

There is the option if you had GS 1554 to open up dividers between balconies.

Great views up to Captains perch.

Note: Spare towels for the Chaise Lounges are hidden in central bottom drawer in master bathroom.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - regular RS size balcony, no hot tub

image.jpg20_zpsf1sftewo.jpg

image.jpg21_zpshawp8o1r.jpg

image.jpg6_zps9rfxj1og.jpg

image.jpg30_zpsbuxawtct.jpg

Easy to spot with the 4 full length floor to ceiling windows

Was wind a problem? - Generally OK, but being on the hump you are exposed more.

Any specific problems with this cabin- 1 issue requiring maintenance for lighting, but no big deal.

Any other comments? - 2 classes of RS completed 5 to go, we enjoyed the RS, but the "Suite experience" for money paid, can't quite put my finger on it yet, but it did not WOW my DW or myself. DD was awe struck and had the best cruise ever, and this was her 20th cruise.

Being D+, other than pillow menu and being able to order room service from MDR menu, we did not see anything different from being D+ staying in a JS.

No Free internet when staying in RS

Ship - Liberty of the Seas

Deck - 9

Stateroom # - 9648

Stateroom Category – Junior Suite

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – Very quiet.

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – Cabin is just aft of the hump so you could see aft but not forward.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Nice size. Had to loungers, 2 chairs and a small table.

Was wind a problem? - No

Any specific problems with this cabin? - No.

Cabin was located very close to the Centrum elevators which made it convenient when wanting to go to the WJ or MDR.

Cabin layout was a little larger than normal due to it's location just before the hump. Had a nice alcove by the single window that we used to store our luggage.

Edited by cruisenfever

I don't know where to post this so I am doing it here. We returned from our cruise on July 3, 2015. We were on Jewel of the Seas June 26-July 3, 2015 to Alaska. There were 15 in our family group. I wrote a detailed post about our tip on July 4th, 2015 and submitted it. I don't know where it went? Have not seen it anyplace. I took about 45 minutes to compose it. I have to say, TripAdvisor is much easier to navigate than Cruise Critic [emoji30]

Ship - Adventure of the Seas

Deck - 9

Stateroom # - 9692

Stateroom Category – E3 - Deluxe Ocean View Stateroom with Balcony

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) –Quiet cabin (though it is located near a crew service area). Balcony was not quiet, see below "Specific problems..." for further details.

Balcony View - (Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue.) – 9692 is an aft-facing balcony cabin, so your view is directly aft. The views of the ship's wake and the sea are panoramic and perfect for lounging and reading on a sea day. It is not the last cabin towards the port side, so you cannot lean over to see the port side of the ship. Sight lines are obstructed by the aft superstructure of the ship when looking downwards (and when sitting down on the balcony) though it did not interfere in any significant way with our enjoyment of the view.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Oversized. You get way more balcony than you pay for with cabin 9692. Because this is an aft-facing cabin, the balcony is massive when compared to the average Cat. E3. We had two chairs and a table, plus two full loungers and a shorter table, and still plenty of room for more furniture.

Was wind a problem? - Not at all.

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? - Yes. We noticed it was the worst on embarkation day, but we resorted to keeping a towel near the balcony door all week so that we could wipe down the chairs and table before we sat down. Our feet also got stained with soot every time we went out on the balcony. It was more of an annoyance than a real problem but it was a constant issue so I believe it bears mentioning.

Any specific problems with this cabin? - Specific to Adventure's southern Caribbean itineraries, because she is covering a relatively small distance between ports and therefore travelling at slower speeds, we noticed the ride was a bit rougher in the aft. We are not overly sensitive to ship movement, but definitely noticed a pitch and roll when in the cabin which we could not feel in other areas of the ship. We also noticed that (as of April 2015) the cabin was looking a little run down. The drawers, carpet, etc. were a little rough around the edges and generally not as polished and clean as we have come to expect from a Royal Caribbean ship. After we initially noticed this on embarkation day, however, it did not overly effect our experience. This cabin also has less privacy on the balcony than a standard port or starboard balcony, as the terrace effect to the back of the ship allows you to see directly down onto the Deck 8 balconies and for the Deck 10 balconies to see directly onto yours. The back of the ship also has a curving effect, so you are more exposed to the midship suite balconies right next door. Additionally, the public area on Deck 11 aft (Windjammer buffet) can also see down onto the balcony. As is pretty self explanatory for an aft-facing cabin, the walk to the nearest elevator/stair lobby was pretty long.

Any other comments? - While some aft cabins are known to be much larger than standard for their category, 9692 is slightly below average square footage for an E3. Storage space in the cabin was adequate. For two people we both had ample room for our clothes in the closet, but you will want to bring your own hangers as only about five are provided. The safe is a little beat up but in perfect working order. The bathroom is in good shape, although the floor would often flood when we took showers. The decor of both cabin and bathroom are standard Royal Caribbean Voyager- and Freedom-class design. If you have sailed on any ship in either class you will feel right at home. This stateroom has the "bed by the balcony" configuration. The size of the balcony would make it perfect for anyone who likes to entertain or invite others to join them on the balcony, but does not want to spend the extra $$ on a suite. For the southern Caribbean itinerary we sailed, where there was only one sea day, we felt the aft view was a little wasted. We enjoyed our time in cabin 9692 on Adventure of the Seas, but if given the choice between an aft balcony or a standard port or starboard balcony on a future cruise, we would not do an aft balcony again.

Aft View:

Adventure_balconyview_aft_zpsgje8ylwb.jpg

Looking towards the starboard side:

Adventure_balconyview_starboard_zpsllffogyi.jpg

Looking towards the port side:

Adventure_balconyview_port_zpslugtkdn2.jpg

Panoramic view from the balcony:

Adventure_balconyview_pano_zpsnnk7afqu.jpg

We sailed in October 2013 so hopefully this is all still relevant :)

Ship - Serenade of the Seas

Deck - 7

Stateroom # - 7126

Stateroom Category – Deluxe Ocean View Stateroom with Balcony

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – Yes

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – Mid-ship balcony view was excellent. There are lifeboat covers right below the balcony (see photo) which may bother some people but it did not bother us. You just can't look down into the water.

Was wind a problem? - No

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? - n/a

Any specific problems with this cabin? - No, except our fridge was making horrible sounds so we just unplugged it and told guest services (it took them a couple days to fix it). But otherwise the cabin was perfect.

Any other comments? - I would absolutely stay in this cabin again. It has a great mid-ship location, and no noise from decks above or below.

The room (ignore my husband LOL):

ry%3D400

The bathroom:

ry%3D400

The balcony (with the white lifeboat cover):

ry%3D400

Edited by misslyss1220

Can anyone tell me if there is a spreadsheet for RCCI as the Celebrity cabin info. I apologise for asking when I know this thread is only for reporting on cabins but I don't know how else to find out. Thanks

Yes there is. The link is https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1P02jhe9iw-mXyk3L9xhEJ_8lv_j4LHI6Qt0TMYy_WP8/edit?pli=1#gid=1581905725.

Apparently it was started some time ago but wasn't kept up but it is up to date now and I will try to keep it up to date.

Ship - Serenade of the seas

Deck - 2

Stateroom # - 2022

Stateroom Category – Accessible Ocean View

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – Only sound we could hear was the ocean against the ship.

Any specific problems with this cabin? - No

Any other comments? - Traveling with my father who has a walking disability I went for a accessible stateroom. This was a great experience. The bathroom had a wide door and a lot of room to fit his walker. The stateroom had an automatic door opener. My father is a diabetic and a sharps container was provided for him to dispose of his needles.

This stateroom can only be accessed from the centrum elevators. The front elevators leads to the medical facility and you have no access to the stateroom corridor from the front of the ship.

stateroom.jpg

Stateroom large enough to fit a wheelchair or a walker.

stateroom_bathroom.jpg

Large bathroom with a chair in the shower.

sharp-trap.jpg

Shaps trap provided for needles.

door_opener.jpg

Automatic door opener can be shut off, always keep the door open or open by the push of a button or with key card from the outside.

Ship - Allure of the Seas

Deck - 7

Stateroom # - 7544

Stateroom Category – D8

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – Somewhat, was sandwiched between stateroom decks so no outside noise. Main issue was the kids above us running and jumping around the room at all hours. Same beside us, they had little ones running around or flushing the toilet 15 times after each use.

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – No obstructions, was surprised for being a bottom category balcony. Could look straight down without any lifeboat intrusions either. Had wonderful views of the pier runners in Rome hopping on right before the ramp was pulled.

Was wind a problem? - No

Any specific problems with this cabin? -

Any other comments? - Bow thrusters caused vibrations of the closet doors if left open overnight. Room safe has no handhold (door sits flush with the outside) so when you open it you have to pry it with a card (or leave a magnetic hook on it which we brought a few of).