Independence is fantastic

Jamie is not on Indy at this time -- the current CD is Leigh Xuereb until Sept 8th.

Good to know. Hopefully someone will post compasses from this cruise to get an idea of activities.

Thanks for the post. We sail this Sunday on her and I have been pretty concerned with the endless (mostly negative) reports on cruise critic lately regarding a variety of different ships. Its great to hear the Indy is in good shape and that you are having a wonderful cruise. Thanks again.

Cool Cruiser Join Date: Sep 2014

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Almost exact price per night for a GS. But bringing my 8 yo DD and was trying to figure out what would be best for her.

====================================

If you can get a GS on the Oasis for the same price as the Indy I would go for the Oasis since access would be available to the Suite Lounge as well as Coastal Kitchen, not to mention the Boardwalk for the little one - big smile

Thanks for the post. We sail this Sunday on her and I have been pretty concerned with the endless (mostly negative) reports on cruise critic lately regarding a variety of different ships. Its great to hear the Indy is in good shape and that you are having a wonderful cruise. Thanks again.

Like I always say, overall the quality has declined substantially. The Independence, however, has been great in almost every aspect. Best cruise we've had as of late. Hard to complain when you're laying on the beach in St. Kitts!

I will try to post compasses when we return Monday.

I guess it's a toss-up. We miss the neighborhoods a little bit while on Independence, but miss the Viking Crown, Solarium, gym/steam rooms, and unified pool deck on Allure.

If Independence, Freedom, and Liberty had Park Cafe, it would seal the deal [emoji6].

While I don't care for the roast beef sandwich, I do agree about Park Cafe. I love the salads, other sandwiches and other goodies. I don't understand why Park Cafe has not been added during dry docks.

While I don't care for the roast beef sandwich, I do agree about Park Cafe. I love the salads, other sandwiches and other goodies. I don't understand why Park Cafe has not been added during dry docks.

They found it was way more money to create a kitchen where there had been no kitchen on Voyager/Freedom class.

Cool Cruiser Join Date: Sep 2014

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Almost exact price per night for a GS. But bringing my 8 yo DD and was trying to figure out what would be best for her.

====================================

If you can get a GS on the Oasis for the same price as the Indy I would go for the Oasis since access would be available to the Suite Lounge as well as Coastal Kitchen, not to mention the Boardwalk for the little one - big smile

FWIW, CK was allowing JS in for dinner in April

• 1 month later...

Was on Indy 7/12/15. Awesome!

I like the way they did the ice show, by muster station.

Enjoyable ice show.

Didn't eat in MDR for dinner, ate in the windjammer. Enjoyed the different dishes every night.

Junior from the Enchantment is now working on the Indy. Nice to see him again.

Waiters were great in the windjammer.

Embarkation was super slow. I jumped from the Pinnacle/Suite line to deck 7/10 deck line.

2 people checking in suites. 2 people for platinum and up, but 4 people for gold.

But then again less than 200 diamond and up on this cruise.

Concierges Raj and Gustavo are incredible.

Cleanest pool deck in the fleet.

ALL crew (except maintenance, blue jumpsuits) would remove any dishes or trash when walking by, including the officers.

Unbelievable!

Over the water cabana in Labadee totally worth it.

Disembarkation for suites and Pinnacle is superb.

Wonderful cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Enjoyable ice show.

Didn't eat in MDR for dinner, ate in the windjammer. Enjoyed the different dishes every night.

Embarkation was super slow. I jumped from the Pinnacle/Suite line to deck 7/10 deck line.

2 people checking in suites. 2 people for platinum and up, but 4 people for gold.

ALL crew (except maintenance, blue jumpsuits) would remove any dishes or trash when walking by, including the officers.

Unbelievable!

Wonderful cruise.

This is great news to those of us with upcoming Indy sailings. Thanks for taking the time to share your experience!

Enjoyable ice show.

Unbelievable!

Wonderful cruise.

Glad you had a great cruise!😎😎😎😎😎😎

Thanks for your sharing your experience, we will be going on the Independence in september.

Accounting for the fleet wide decline in quality and service, I've got to say Independence is just amazing. I haven't had much positive to say about Royal Caribbean recently, but we are a few days in and this cruise has been fantastic. The ship is in impeccable shape and the crew we have experienced have been great.

We had a record early boarding time of 10:25 in Fort Lauderdale. We may have to try and squeeze in another trip before she stops doing the 7 nighters out of Ft. Lauderdale! Any questions I'll try to answer.

Great to hear! We're on her in October and really looking forward to this Birthday Cruise for the DW.

Enjoyable ice show.

Unbelievable!

Wonderful cruise.

Was on Indy with you then! Very smooth trip it barely felt like we left port!