Sea Legs

Does anyone have issues with feeling sea sick after you get off the ship? I'm good on the ship, but once I hit dry land I feel woozy. On the last cruise it lasted for about a week afterwards. Anyone have any remedies that I can use when I get back from the next cruise?

I did after our recent cruise. For me it was only about 3 days. The doctor said that you can take meclizine (Bonine, Non Drowsy Dramamine) even when you are on dry land for that woozy feeling. It works the same at sea or on land. :D

Does anyone have issues with feeling sea sick after you get off the ship? I'm good on the ship, but once I hit dry land I feel woozy. On the last cruise it lasted for about a week afterwards. Anyone have any remedies that I can use when I get back from the next cruise?

My SIL did and she was given a remedy which is possibly a wives tale.

It was to have a hot bath and then lay on the bed on her side with her head hanging over the edge. Do this for ten minutes and swap sides. Remarkably it worked. Perhaps it is a draining of fluid in the ear cavities or something. Good luck.:D

My SIL did and she was given a remedy which is possibly a wives tale.

It was to have a hot bath and then lay on the bed on her side with her head hanging over the edge. Do this for ten minutes and swap sides. Remarkably it worked. Perhaps it is a draining of fluid in the ear cavities or something. Good luck.:D

I'll tell herself to try this one.

Yes, do, I wonder if it really does work or if it is a placebo type thing.:D

She gets the wobbly boot for a week or so after we get home, it'll be interesting to see if it is longer or shorter after this long cruise.

She gets the wobbly boot for a week or so after we get home, it'll be interesting to see if it is longer or shorter after this long cruise.

Yes, I wonder. Perhaps even try some interim practicing of the remedy so that we have some base research.:D

G'day Mic

I presume that this was after she got home.

I wonder if a hot shower will work as well as a hot bath.

Yes it was and I would presume that she would need the bath, must have something to re-balancing the fluids in the ear canals, etc.:confused:

Clarea's statement is true, at least in my experience. I used to have the old "rubber legs syndrome" after leaving the ship. But after cruising frequently my brain seems to have adjusted to being on land or sea. I no longer experience any symptoms no matter where I am.

We have been on many cruises and it still happens to me. It is called "Mal de Debarquement Syndrome" and can easily be researched online. :)

Nice find, Karen. I looked it up and some of it fits nicely for me (fortunately not the most extreme symptoms). It seems to last for almost the same amount of days that I was on board.

I'm weird. I love the feeling I get when I go to my land bed after spending time on a boat and it feels like I'm still on the ocean. It's like being rocked to sleep all over again :-) unfortunately it only seems to last a few days even after spending 3 weeks on board.

I'm weird. I love the feeling I get when I go to my land bed after spending time on a boat and it feels like I'm still on the ocean. It's like being rocked to sleep all over again :-) unfortunately it only seems to last a few days even after spending 3 weeks on board.

Just goes to show how different we all are, I have never had it but then I am not sure I would want it either.

Why not ask a physician about it?:)