Website Bait and Switch

OR I'll let my travel agent handle it

Those still exist? :p

And I mean a dedicated agent, not a TA website where you get a different agent every time you call.

Edited by lv2bcruzin

This has nothing to do with any "half off promo". This is normal listing on the website. No promo. As I stated, my group will go on another cruise line, where the price you see is the price you get. OR I'll let my travel agent handle it, and avoid the website completely.

Hate to break it to you, but every other cruise line shows the price per person and then when you quote it shows the total price for both cruisers too.

If you truly found a bug, please post the ship and sail date so we can duplicate it.

This has nothing to do with any "half off promo". This is normal listing on the website. No promo. As I stated, my group will go on another cruise line, where the price you see is the price you get. OR I'll let my travel agent handle it, and avoid the website completely.

I know it's already been asked several times but I'll try again. Can you a give us a specific cruise that you are checking? No one else seems to be seeing what you are seeing.

I just checked prices my upcoming cruise and the price for a balcony per person is listed as $1,019 - $1,161.5 USD, once I select a stateroom I get a total of $2,223.24 USD for 2 people.

Edited by dcgrumpy

Sorry to tell you....

Bait and switch.. you buy a bag of gold and get a bag of rocks. that is a bait and switch.

You SEE the price, clearly, in front of you. You make your own decision. NO bait and switch

And I mean a dedicated agent, not a TA website where you get a different agent every time you call.

Absolutely. We've had the same one for years.

Edited by clarea

Sweet! Not my thing, but I'm sure they come in handy.

She recently handled a group of 52 for us, and it was wonderful not having to deal with any issues with regard to the cruise bookings.

She recently handled a group of 52 for us, and it was wonderful not having to deal with any issues with regard to the cruise bookings.

Group of 52!? I would rather let someone else handle that as well. Not sure I know 10 people I would want to travel with let alone 52 though. :p

Just looked at what we paid for a Jr Suite 5 night out of Lauderdale about 4 years ago 1,859. With the buy one get one half price today for the same cruise 1,860. Wheres the half off?

I'd be pretty happy paying a dollar more today for the same cruise I took four years ago. :confused:

Just looked at what we paid for a Jr Suite 5 night out of Lauderdale about 4 years ago 1,859. With the buy one get one half price today for the same cruise 1,860. Wheres the half off?

Inflation, supply and demand, the fact that the us was fresh out of a recession in 2011 and many families couldn't afford a cruse, let alone in a suite. Plus upgrades to the ships. Is it the same exact cruise on the same ship? Has the ship been into dry dock for enhancements? That can raise the price as well.

Same time frame. :what:

Group of 52!? I would rather let someone else handle that as well. Not sure I know 10 people I would want to travel with let alone 52 though. :p

Getting away from People is one of the main reasons to travel.

Yrs, we have a great one. Actually, we have two great TAs! One is specifically for cruises and one is specifically for business travel. They Re both excellent in their specialty!

Back to the OP's complaint

I believe I have experienced similar pricing issues on the RC website in the past.

Numerous times the search function will show a "From" per person price, (for example $499), but when you click "book now" and try to book a room at $499 there are no rooms available at this price.

Possibly there was a room at this price, but it was sold. I called RC twice when this issue occurred, but it was never resolved. The next day the pricing would be corrected. I was originally upset by this, but have grown to except this "glitch" in the RC IT system.

To me this is false advertising, but in reality we rarely end up in the lowest cost room on the ship

Edited by racerxspeedy
typo

I guess since you refuse to give us a date and ship, we can only conclude there is nothing wrong with the website and your only intention is to bash RCI. It very well may be deserved, but there is no way to verify your story.

When you go to book, when there's a promo happening, you get the promo pricing. There's no way to avoid it (unless you're booking Quantum class as an other poster said). So that's what you're seeing.

I picked the first cruise I came upon and it said "from 351.50 per person was $479". When I choose two people and continue, hey, it actually starts at 333 per person.

Shows

• Per Person Price
  • Guests 1-2: $333

Then it tells me that's $666

I continue, and it says 837.38. click on summary of charges, and it shows the 479 each, minus two different amounts, then plus the port fees and taxes. 666 plus taxes and fees, actually.

What are you seeing in each step as you go along?

I've also tried to replicate your pricing issue, and haven't found a situation where the advertised pricing isn't available when I do a dummy booking. Since you still haven't identified the sailing you believe was a "bait and switch" I don't think there's anything else the people here can do to help you.