Are you finding most drinks to be included in the drink package?

With all of the post about drink prices going up, I was wondering if most of the drink are fully covered with the premium package. I don't want to have a drink packaged and then pay $2 or $3 more for a drink. I am not a top self person. I enjoy frozen drinks and mix drinks.

Cheers,

With all of the post about drink prices going up, I was wondering if most of the drink are fully covered with the premium package. I don't want to have a drink packaged and then pay $2 or $3 more for a drink. I am not a top self person. I enjoy frozen drinks and mix drinks.

Cheers,

Following along, I have been curious also!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Premium or ultimate??

The only difference between the premium and Ultimate package is the Ultimate is a combination of the Royal Replenish and Premium package They cover the same alcohol. I have not had a drink that was not covered under the package either.

What is the limit on wine when getting the beer and wine package? Can you get anything that is halfway decent?

Same question here. I am primarily a beer drinker. I may want to try different wines with dinner. We have a set dining time. I assume my waiter will be able to bring me a wine that matches what I order, and keps me within my beer/wine (Select?) package I ordered.

What is the limit on wine when getting the beer and wine package? Can you get anything that is halfway decent?

Beer and Wine package? Do you mean the Select Package?

All packages are unlimited, one drink at a time, Wine Max is $12 at Bar Price

Just off Explorer - I had the premium package and all my frozen cocktails were fully covered. The bigger problem was trying to find them to order - there are barely any on the menus any more :( I asked for lava flows, even though they weren't on the menus - some staff didn't know what I was talking about, the ones who did could only offer me a couple of flavours compared to the 6 or so there were before.

For those asking about beer and wine - my husband had the Select package and it seemed to cover almost all the beers. The range of wines covered was more limited - we'd estimate maybe 20% were covered by the package without needing to pay extra.

Just off Explorer - I had the premium package and all my frozen cocktails were fully covered. The bigger problem was trying to find them to order - there are barely any on the menus any more :( I asked for lava flows, even though they weren't on the menus - some staff didn't know what I was talking about, the ones who did could only offer me a couple of flavours compared to the 6 or so there were before.

I'm a frozen drink kinda person .. Makes me rethink if they don't offer many

I'm a frozen drink kinda person .. Makes me rethink if they don't offer many

They still offer every frozen drink they did before. They just dont print them on the pretty colored menus anymore. If a bartender doesnt know what you are ordering, time to find one that does :)

Agreed. Especially Lava Flows! I love the mango.

No problem at all getting mango lava flows on Freedom :) Thats my main drink and every bar I ordered one from knew exactly how to make it.

No problem at all getting mango lava flows on Freedom :) Thats my main drink and every bar I ordered one from knew exactly how to make it.

Yay! Thanks.

What was the cost? $10? I never drank enough when they were $8 to even consider a package. If they now come out to $12+ (with tip), that changes the equation a little.

Thanks for all the information. Any body had after dinner drinks?

I had the select package, the pino I picked out the first night was waiting for me every dinner service. Great dinning service:D

Premium and Ultimate cover the exact same liquors. Ultimate adds specialty coffee and fresh squeezed OJ. We've had the Premium on our last two cruises and have not had to pay extra for anything. We drank wine or beer, frozen drinks, shots, and top shelf liquor including Knob Creek bourbon, Grey Goose vodka, Patron tequila. Friends we were with paid a bit extra for some nice single malt scotches but other than that...drink up! :p

Got off the Independence 2 weeks ago. We had the Ultimate Package. We were never charged any additional fee for any of the drinks we ordered. And we do ask for top shelf liquor in our drinks.

We did notice the reduction in available frozen drinks though. We couldn't get a banana daiquiri. Only strawberry and peach. I ended up drinking a lot of mudslides at the pool.

We like the ultimate package because of the specialty coffees and bottled water. My wife likes an extra shot of espresso and sometimes a shot of Kahlua in her coffee. Never an extra charge for that. We got bottles of water every chance we had. They came in handy when we got off the ship in port.

There was something worth noting on my cruise regarding drink prices- my wife and I had many drinks at the pool everyday and never had an issue- everything was covered with our package. But a young lady we were talking to at the pool was charged a different price every time for the same drink- she didn't have a drink package. One time her drink was $8.00. Then it was $10.00. Then it was $12.00. She got into a huge argument with the bartender about it and ultimately she got money refunded.

Got off the Independence 2 weeks ago. We had the Ultimate Package. We were never charged any additional fee for any of the drinks we ordered. And we do ask for top shelf liquor in our drinks.

We did notice the reduction in available frozen drinks though. We couldn't get a banana daiquiri. Only strawberry and peach. I ended up drinking a lot of mudslides at the pool.

We like the ultimate package because of the specialty coffees and bottled water. My wife likes an extra shot of espresso and sometimes a shot of Kahlua in her coffee. Never an extra charge for that. We got bottles of water every chance we had. They came in handy when we got off the ship in port.

There was something worth noting on my cruise regarding drink prices- my wife and I had many drinks at the pool everyday and never had an issue- everything was covered with our package. But a young lady we were talking to at the pool was charged a different price every time for the same drink- she didn't have a drink package. One time her drink was $8.00. Then it was $10.00. Then it was $12.00. She got into a huge argument with the bartender about it and ultimately she got money refunded.

Does bottle water include in he premium package??

Thanks for all the information. Any body had after dinner drinks?

Are you talking about the after dinner shooters? If so, I had no problem getting them with the package but they did not serve mine in the souvenir glass.