Very Sad, Allure Viking Crown Changes

Very sad, unless your a suite guest or Pinnacle you will never see this new Allure Viking Crown Lounge again.

Sad, I loved Allure on this past transatlantic crossing: but I WILL NOT do another Dynamic Dining experience!!!!:mad:

Edited by gkbiiii

The wife and I are not big drinkers but when we want to go somewhere for a drink this has always been where we go. This stinks big time! I love this lounge and to not have access will impact our decision to sail on allure.

Agreed. Sad that they are closing Viking Crown Lounges instead of utilizing them more for entertainment, happy hours, etc.

But they aren't closing it. They are repurposing it for exactly what you suggest. However, these activities will only be accessible by Suite and Pinnacle guests.

But they aren't closing it. They are repurposing it for exactly what you suggest. However, these activities will only be accessible by Suite and Pinnacle guests.

I think that is the OPs complaint, not being Suite or pinnacle guests.

No, they are not totally closing it, but it is now 'closed' to all but suite or Pinnacle members.

The Viking Crown was one of the few places where you could enjoy great views of the ocean while sipping your drinks.

No, they are not totally closing it, but it is now 'closed' to all but suite or Pinnacle members.

The Viking Crown was one of the few places where you could enjoy great views of the ocean while sipping your drinks.

There's plenty of places on Allure to do that....and we'll be doing it ourselves in a few days. ;):cool:

This is pretty saddening. The Viking Crown is one of my favourite places on any RCCL ship - one of the reasons I'm less likely to sail Quantum Class, and now Oasis class too.

Really disappointed by some of the changes being made by RCCL.

For all of you who loved the VCL- you needed to find more people just like you to spend time up there.

We like it, too, but being one of a handful of people that go up there means that the space isn't being used oterwise.

Our last trip on the Oasis- the VCL was really big- but maybe 6 couples spread out over the whole thing- very empty.

By making it a suite and restaurant space, at least it should be used by more people.

Very sad, unless your a suite guest or Pinnacle you will never see this new Allure Viking Crown Lounge again.

Sad, I loved Allure on this past transatlantic crossing: but I WILL NOT do another Dynamic Dining experience!!!!:mad:

Allure doesn't have Dynamic Dining - so not sure what you mean :confused:

The Viking Crown Lounge was changed to Costal Kitchen just like The Oasis. Allure has Dynamic Dinning?:confused:

It does not have Dynamic Dining yet. It has had the conversion work done to implement Dynamic Dining sometime in the future.

For all of you who loved the VCL- you needed to find more people just like you to spend time up there.

We like it, too, but being one of a handful of people that go up there means that the space isn't being used oterwise.

Our last trip on the Oasis- the VCL was really big- but maybe 6 couples spread out over the whole thing- very empty.

By making it a suite and restaurant space, at least it should be used by more people.

Couldn't agree more. For those ships with a VCL, it seems to be nearly empty morning noon and night .

M

Allure does not have Dynamic Dining.

I agree 100%. My experience has been that the VCL rarely had more than a few people in attendance.

Any well run company would explore options to improve an underperforming asset like the VCL. It is understandable that those few people would want their huge empty bar back, but it is not likely.

I agree 100%. My experience has been that the VCL rarely had more than a few people in attendance.

Any well run company would explore options to improve an underperforming asset like the VCL. It is understandable that those few people would want their huge empty bar back, but it is not likely.

So the area is underused, and their solution is to make it a place where even fewer people will be allowed to use it?

I mean, maybe having it as an exclusive area will be a bonus for the suite and pinnacle guests.

So maybe some of you who are in the upper loyalty tiers can explain to me why they offer things to "suite" and "Pinnacle" guests? IF you have enough money to reserve a suite, could you not get a suite on your very first sailing? You might not have any points at all, but you share the lounge with those who are Pinnacle members? How do the Suite guests feel about this? How to Pinnacle members feel?

I know JS are hardly included in any "suite" benefits, other than having a larger stateroom. JS cruisers don't get much in the way of perks. Do you even get double points for booking a suite? I thought you did, but was recently told that was not the case.

IF you have enough money to reserve a suite, could you not get a suite on your very first sailing?

Yes, and you would have just as many if not more benefits than those who have spend thousands and thousands of dollars to get to Pinnacle.

So the area is underused, and their solution is to make it a place where even fewer people will be allowed to use it?

I mean, maybe having it as an exclusive area will be a bonus for the suite and pinnacle guests.

So maybe some of you who are in the upper loyalty tiers can explain to me why they offer things to "suite" and "Pinnacle" guests? IF you have enough money to reserve a suite, could you not get a suite on your very first sailing? You might not have any points at all, but you share the lounge with those who are Pinnacle members? How do the Suite guests feel about this? How to Pinnacle members feel?

I know JS are hardly included in any "suite" benefits, other than having a larger stateroom. JS cruisers don't get much in the way of perks. Do you even get double points for booking a suite? I thought you did, but was recently told that was not the case.

Yes, fewer people would be allowed to use it. But since they have a reason to use it, the odds of more people using it overall is better. The CL and DL lounges were well used on the Oasis and Allure when we sailed them, and with so many suites on them, moving the D+ members out means that they can be more exclusive. Which is important for the very pricy lofts.

One other thing- it's not JUST a lounge, but also a restaurant. So instead of one venue that's barely used, it's two venues that will be used more often.

It's true that fewer people than before are allowed to use it, but based on my experience on the Oasis, most or all of those who are eligible to use the Suite Lounge and Coastal Kitchen took advantage of it. That area was in use most of the day and evening.

We were recently on the Brilliance OTS (5-night cruise) with two other couples who were first-time cruisers. When we took them up to the Viking Crown and the elevator and deck signs were quite confusing. It appeared that it was for specific member passengers. We finally found the entrance and the VC was holding an art auction. We went in anyway and sat down to watch the belly splash competition below.

After reading this thread, it appears that RCCL is going to change the VC venue for all of their ships. Disappointed, but it is what it is. :cool:

Yes, and you would have just as many if not more benefits than those who have spend thousands and thousands of dollars to get to Pinnacle.

Yes, but you get the benefit of many days of cruising. It is simple economics.

Pay less per cruise times many cruises, you get some loyalty benefits plus many days cruising.

Pay more per cruise (for suites), you get more benefits but less days cruising.

I do not see where one or the other is unfair, it is a choice.

As a side note, I was shocked at how under used the vcl was on oasis and allure the last couple of trips. (Pre-refurb). Not surprised they saw it as an opportunity to repurpose.

Bobj