Alcoholic Cider (angry orchard, strongbow) on board now?

Hi, last year I sailed Jewel of the Seas. A few months prior I had asked if Angry Orchard hard cider was available on RC ships. After a few responses, strongbow was known to be available in english pubs and a couple of other places on board ships, but not every ship seemed to carry it.

When I was on Jewel last November, I specifically remember the sports bar drink menu had angry orchard on it. I asked about it immediately and the server explained the menus were new and angry orchard wasn't available yet, but was coming soon.

Wondering if others can confirm whether RC is serving other alcoholic ciders besides strongbow now? Also, are the hard ciders available at different bars aboard the ship?

I'm considering a drink package, and hoping its a part of the "select package". One thing to consider is whether strong bow or angry orchard is available around the ships and not just in one place like the english pubs like previously reported. Otherwise, it might not be worth it if I can only get it from one particular bar.

Oh and I will be on Liberty of the Seas if that helps with answers. Thanks!

ETA: my thread from last year: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1980141&highlight=angry+orchard

Edited by slyster
added previous link

Hi, last year I sailed Jewel of the Seas. A few months prior I had asked if Angry Orchard hard cider was available on RC ships. After a few responses, strongbow was known to be available in english pubs and a couple of other places on board ships, but not every ship seemed to carry it.

When I was on Jewel last November, I specifically remember the sports bar drink menu had angry orchard on it. I asked about it immediately and the server explained the menus were new and angry orchard wasn't available yet, but was coming soon.

Wondering if others can confirm whether RC is serving other alcoholic ciders besides strongbow now? Also, are the hard ciders available at different bars aboard the ship?

I'm considering a drink package, and hoping its a part of the "select package". One thing to consider is whether strong bow or angry orchard is available around the ships and not just in one place like the english pubs like previously reported. Otherwise, it might not be worth it if I can only get it from one particular bar.

Oh and I will be on Liberty of the Seas if that helps with answers. Thanks!

ETA: my thread from last year: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1980141&highlight=angry+orchard

Angry Orchard seemed to be plentiful all over the ship on Freedom but when I asked about Strongbow I got several blank stares as if the two bartenders I asked didnt know what it was. Angry Orchard was eligible for my BOGO Free beer C&A discount so Im assuming its also included in the select package.

Oh great! I do remember seeing redds apple cider being on the menu from jewel.

Are you guys finding angry orchard (or strongbow) to be available in various bars and theater as well? I know strongbow was on ships with a pub but didn't appear to be available in other venues. Thanks again!

On explorer two weeks ago they had

Angry Orchard

Strogbow

Magners Original

Bulmers Original & Pear

All available in most of the bars at start of cruise but they did start running out at the end.

On explorer two weeks ago they had

Angry Orchard

Strogbow

Magners Original

Bulmers Original & Pear

All available in most of the bars at start of cruise but they did start running out at the end.

This makes me very happy....I'm on the Explorer in Oct. I hope they still stock it then. I assume it is all based on where the ship sails from, more cider when sailing from UK port for example.

Was on Quantum in February and the only place that hard Angry Orchard was Two70; everyone else stared at me blankly when I asked. Every other bar had Reds, which, well, isn't really a cider.

Ok...hmmm so not all the ships have them (yet)? I'm on liberty of the seas if anyone has been on there recently and confirm you can get them in bars and theater.

Oh and anyone able to confirm if hard ciders are part of the select package? thanks!

That's great news. I might even upgrade to the Select package :D

Thanks

Just remember, if you are upgrading from Replenish to Select, you will lose specialty coffees, fresh squeezed OJ, and bottled water.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks everyone...glad to know it's a part of the select package. Would anyone know if it's available in several venues on the liberty of the seas? I promise to leave you alone after I get an answer to that one :D

Thanks everyone...glad to know it's a part of the select package. Would anyone know if it's available in several venues on the liberty of the seas? I promise to leave you alone after I get an answer to that one :D

Angry Orchard is on their standard bar menu now, so it should be available in multiple venues.

• 1 month later...

So I called RC...they confirmed strongbow is available on Liberty of the Seas and available in all venues, but they could not confirm angry orchard was on board although a few of you reported it was. :confused:

I'll wait until I board before I book my drink package. ;)

Well, it seems they are offering the alcoholic ciders more and more. I was also told you could only get strongbow on ships with pubs. Slowly, they are popping up in other venues as they become more and more popular.

Just glad its coming along. I hate beers and love wines and cider

• 3 months later...

Happy to report that Liberty of the Seas had Reds Apple Ale, Angry Orchard, and Strong bow available all over the ship! We visited several venues and they had one or the other or all three! That was great news all around! At one point the hoof and claw ran out of angry orchard but once we stopped in Bermuda, they restocked!

Edited by slyster