Asia 2016 cruises going all inclusive

spinnaker2

Received a month ago.Unimpressed.Eight years ago did a fantastic round trip Singapore/Singapore included Mekong river and Vietnam including Business Class flights,two nights pre cruise Ritz Carlton.Total cost approx 40% less per day than latest SPECIAL offers in economy class.The included shore excursions that you may not require look very expensive on these SPECIAL offers.

I am not clear as to whether there is an opt-out option with a reduced fare? Any insight here?

I left Regent precisely because I enjoyed independent travel and did not want to pay for all of the excursions, etc.

Nothing is ever "free" in life (or with Silversea) :rolleyes:

Checked with our TA (we are already booked on #3605 S Shadow SIN-HGK via the Philippines): the cruise fares increased (substantially) in return for these "freebies". If we wanted to take "advantage" of the "free" wifi and "selected" shore excursions it will cost us an extra $848.00 per person versus the price we paid. The 2 night pre-cruise hotel package is an additional $769.00 per person.

Net, we would have to pay $1600+ more. :eek:

This is nothing more than a great way to jerk up the price by calling it a "sales-promotion"...

Nothing is ever "free" in life (or with Silversea) :rolleyes:

Checked with our TA (we are already booked on #3605 S Shadow SIN-HGK via the Philippines): the cruise fares increased (substantially) in return for these "freebies". If we wanted to take "advantage" of the "free" wifi and "selected" shore excursions it will cost us an extra $848.00 per person versus the price we paid. The 2 night pre-cruise hotel package is an additional $769.00 per person.

Net, we would have to pay $1600+ more. :eek:

This is nothing more than a great way to jerk up the price by calling it a "sales-promotion"...

Don't you have an original invoice with the price you agreed to pay when you made the booking? I find it very strange that they would increase your fare after you were locked in. Generally, if you don't use the air or hotel, you would get a nominal refund, but seeing it wasn't offered when you made the booking, it wasn't part of your fare. It was my understanding that starting in 2016, every passenger would receive free internet across the fleet. 1 hour a day in Vista/Veranda and unlimited in the other categories. Someone did ask during the web cast if they could "opt" out of the benefits (excursions/internet)

and the answer was no.

The increased the fares on my Singapore/Hong Kong cruise by almost $2000 pp for these so called "freebies." SS is copying Regent here and it's a huge mistake imo. Thank God I booked before these inclusions.

The increased the fares on my Singapore/Hong Kong cruise by almost $2000 pp for these so called "freebies." SS is copying Regent here and it's a huge mistake imo. Thank God I booked before these inclusions.

Henry and MJN1,

We booked long before this all inclusive offer came into the picture. Thank God. There are many shore excursions that interest us and are a "MUST" in the Philippines but none of them are included with the "free" excursions in the all inclusive fares. So, it wouldn't have been beneficial to us at all.

We look forward to Voyage 3605. Looks like it's filling up quickly, many of the suite categories are "waitlist" already.

Bon Voyage!

ScottToronto

Don't you have an original invoice with the price you agreed to pay when you made the booking? I find it very strange that they would increase your fare after you were locked in. Generally, if you don't use the air or hotel, you would get a nominal refund, but seeing it wasn't offered when you made the booking, it wasn't part of your fare. It was my understanding that starting in 2016, every passenger would receive free internet across the fleet. 1 hour a day in Vista/Veranda and unlimited in the other categories. Someone did ask during the web cast if they could "opt" out of the benefits (excursions/internet)

and the answer was no.

KaraokeQueen,

sorry for being not precise. We still have our original price and nothing changed for us (i.e. we don't get the "freebies"). If we want them the price would go up by the $$s quoted. IMHO the freebies are not worth the increase and this is the point I wanted to make.

I received a small brochure in the mail about this promo…The cruises are on the Shadow…the picture on the front of the brochure is the Whisper. Yes, they are sister ships but why print that picture where the name is clearly visible?

I received a small brochure in the mail about this promo…The cruises are on the Shadow…the picture on the front of the brochure is the Whisper. Yes, they are sister ships but why print that picture where the name is clearly visible?

It's all marketing,one hand doesn't know what the other is doing! Doesn't any one proof read ?

I don't want to beat a dead horse here but I truly hope this "all inclusive" thing is just an experiment and SS does not go the route of Regent and force you to pay these absurdly higher prices for basic uninteresting excursions. It would drive me away for sure.

Scott, glad you got to book early too. My cruise is not filling up as quickly as yours. Too bad we're not on the same one.