Sightseeing and Private Tours - East Malaysia/Brunei/Philippines

MJN1

We are cruising from SIN to HGK in Feb 2016 and are looking for recommendations of things to see/private tour operators for the following ports:

Kuching, Malaysia

Bintulu, Malaysia

Muara, Brunei Darussalam

Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia

Sandakan, Malaysia

Puerto Princesa, Palawan, Philippines

Boracay, Philippines

Coron, Philippines

Manila, Philippines

Has anyone been there and can give us advice? A similar request in the "Ports of Call/Asia" section of CC generated only a limited response. Many thanks for any suggestions!

Good evening MJN1, as you know we are also sailing on the same voyage which seems to be sold out already. My partner Jay is filipino and has strongly suggested a few excursions "musts do" that we are going to reserve through Silverseas. I will list his "must do" list soon. One is in Manila, one is in Coron and one is in Puerto Princessa.

We have now booked our hotel in Singapore. Decided to stay at the Fairmont Singapore since it's located near the famous Raffles and not too far from Bugis Street. We've been wanting to discover this area of Singapore. We are spending 10 days before the cruise in the Philippines including 5 Nights at El Nido Resort in Palawan and 5 nights in Makati.

Can't wait.

ScottToronto

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Forums mobile app

Scott,

I have pulled all the infos from SS tours and the port boards into a (LONG..) worddoc. Glad to share if you give me your e-mail.

Looking forward to the must-do list from your partner,

We chose a visit to the Sultans Golf Club, his Polo Grounds and were taken to view the stables, afternoon tea followed. The wealth was amazing and even the carpets were finished with gold woven into them. This is a leader that spends money on the residents of Brunei and it was good to see happy and smiling faces when we were dropped off at a small shopping center. A total Islamic state where the residents live in peace and they don't have to pay income tax and schools and medical facilities come free.

The whole tour was well organised and apart from the golf carts everything was airconditioned.

A day we will never forget.

Hi

You will love all of Malaysia! I taught there. Be sure to see the gorillas in sandakan! They are amazing! I am guessing I would go with a ship tour for this unless you find a provider. There are lots of good tours in Malaysia. Try the general Malaysia country site.

You will have a terrific time! Just remember it is very, very hot and rainy on Borneo!:(