Normal Passengers in a Cruise for Bridge Players?

Ithaca

I am looking at a 16 day cruise in Nov. 2017 (Barcelona-Barbados) It is designated as a "Bridge" cruise... and we don't play Bridge, nor want to learn. What's been the experience of like-minded sailors in cruises such as this one? Do players tend to stick together? Does a theme cruise affect the overall ambiance of the cruise? All feedback will be appreciated! Thanks!

Are you suggesting that Bridge players aren't normal ?:D

Seriously, we're not bridge players, but we took a cruise on Silver Spirit about 4 years ago that was a designated bridge cruise and we hardly noticed any difference to previous cruises.

There were plenty of "normal" people on our cruise, in addition to the abnormals playing bridge ;)

We found it just as easy to meet other passengers and didn't feel left out of the fun in any way.

I'll be interested to read other poster's comments on this subject.

We've been on a number of "bridge" cruises and don't find them any different from other cruises except that sometimes bridge tournaments interfere with trivia. (Oh horrors!)

We have found the same thing. :) I don't play cards, but you cant be late for trivia !!!

Good morning - As a Bridge Player I would acknowledge that some of us may be regarded as abnormal !!!! in our love of the Game. However on a ' Bridge ' Cruise the non Bridge Player should notice no difference to the usual Cruise Day. There will be Bridge Lectures in the Card Room in the morning, followed by Bridge Play & Tournaments in the Afternoon. Some of the Bridge Players may dine together and have informal Play in the Evening but other than that all is as normal.

The above is my experience having done a couple of Crossings with Bridge on the Agenda, so hope this helps to allay any Fears !!!

I have been on Bridge Cruises on other cruise lines.

I think the major difference is that on sea days that there are times of the day that the people are busy playing bridge and some will keep together as Mayflower1 said. At the same time we met lots of nice people who didn't spend all their time together and also wanted time away from the bridge.

If it was an itinerary I liked, I would not have any hesitations about booking it.

Keith