WC Words of Wisdom Please

mysty

Have taken a keen interest in this thread as we took an option for World Cruise 2017 upon release of itinerary recently.We wrote to SS three weeks ago to request details of which ports of call require visas or other entry requirements for UK citizens.Option about to expire and still no response from SS.Mysty....hope you resolve the Airline issues and you are able to enjoy your W/C without anymore hassle.Meantime we have two days left for our question to be answered by SS for our 2017 W/C dream to stay alive.

Have taken a keen interest in this thread as we took an option for World Cruise 2017 upon release of itinerary recently.We wrote to SS three weeks ago to request details of which ports of call require visas or other entry requirements for UK citizens.Option about to expire and still no response from SS.Mysty....hope you resolve the Airline issues and you are able to enjoy your W/C without anymore hassle.Meantime we have two days left for our question to be answered by SS for our 2017 W/C dream to stay alive.

Thanks brimary for your kind wishes! I got a great response on the visa/entry requirements by contacting SS at traveldocs.com. I got a speedy response from steve at traveldocs.com. This is the address on My Silversea under the passport and visa dropdown category that appears when you hit the ship icon. Hope this helps! And I hope it all works out for you too! :)

Brimary

I would not worry about visa'a at this point the only 2 that cause problems for UK are India and China and only because of the short time frame. I have done it twice and survived.

Mysty

If you could send/post me an email address (but make it hard for a machine to read)

joe underscore (100 minus ten) at btinternet.the usual end

home you can work it out

i will send you a present from the trip this year

joe

Brimary, did you have any luck getting visa info through that email address?

Not yet Mysty,still no response from SS re visa and other queries raised ove r 3 weeks ago.Suite option date has passed so T/A has cancelled W/C 2017.Never mind other fish in the sea.Enjoy your upcoming W/C.

Not yet Mysty,still no response from SS re visa and other queries raised ove r 3 weeks ago.Suite option date has passed so T/A has cancelled W/C 2017.Never mind other fish in the sea.Enjoy your upcoming W/C.

Thanks for your kind wishes brimary! Sorry to hear that the 2017 W/C will not work out for you! I hope you find something amazing to take its place!

• 2 weeks later...

mysty...

just checked on my flights for upcoming spirit crossing.

cruise is about 57 days away, but tix were "purchased" on september 9. reservations have been there for months, but now officially ticketed and paid for (note, we paid for cruise and tickets months ago).

I have an actual ticket number which i viewed through "receipt" section of airline website.

just an fyi as to being ticketed and times for same.

Spinnaker2,

We'll be embarking just as you're debarking (unless you're continuing on).

I really wanted to do the crossing, I lost six hours on that ship during the Spring 2014 crossing, and I'm determined to retrieve them some day.

Unfortunately, the friends we usually travel with were unable to do a cruise this fall, and eight sea days in a row is a bit much for my wife without someone more talkative than me along.

Mark

Mark...

We will be getting off as we live very close by.

Reconsider doing the crossing.

Lots of lovely people aboard.

And, we can talk and post about Michigan football.

Or other topics as long as not Spartans or buckeyes.

Mysty.

Just checked tix thru check my trip and the Amadeus number on mysilversea.

All copacetic.

Thanks so much Spinnaker2! I really appreciate hearing about "ticketing" timing and the happy ticket results. I do the "check my trip" thing periodically because I am a worry wart. So far so good. According to that site the "reservation" was made April 2. I have no access to the reservation online with Air Canada but as long as it all continues to appear correctly on "check my trip" I can sleep at night. :)

Yes, Spinnaker2, the airlines and flights are on My Silversea. :) The problem I was having was with the file locator number access on Air Canada. There is no online access anymore due a glitch in their system that seems to have been around since 2012. :( I can access the reservation on both Lufthansa and check my trip. Seats are assigned and flights confirmed on both sites. No ticket number yet and not until 40 days before departure according to the person I spoke to at SS. We are now at day 114 and I have booked excursions and some of the dining up to February 2016. I am waiting to see when the formal nights are for the rest of the cruise to make more bookings. Myster is not a big fan of formal night but has agreed to 1 per segment. :) Thanks for all your words of wisdom here!

Um I don't know about wc, but formal night are clearly delineated on the dining page of my cruise.

Dh does not like formal nights either.

He wears dark suit and we dont eat in mdr that night.

Sounds familiar! :) The formal nights are indicated up to March 5 but not beyond. I have dealt with all formal nights for each of the beginning cruise segments (except for one night each) and I am waiting for the rest of March and April to appear.

Aha...so many segments they are not all up yet.

Exciting and suspenseful.

Indeed! :) I have not been this excited about anything in eons! I am researching things like crazy and making lists about everything under the sun! I am the organizer and Myster gives his stamp of approval or emphatic thumbs down. So far more stamps than thumbs. :)

Edited by mysty

• 2 months later...

Hello my trusted advisors! More wisdom is required please. We are 40 days from departure and excitement is reaching fever pitch. :) I ordered some spray Permethrin Clothing Insect Repellent. It is apparently good for 6 weeks or 6 launderings. Six weeks from departure puts us in Australia and not yet into Indonesia, Malaysia, Vietnam. Should I just bring the spray with us and treat the garments while on the ship or should I treat before we leave? Also, is the spray Permethrin allowed in checked luggage? Thanks for your help!

Hello my trusted advisors! More wisdom is required please. We are 40 days from departure and excitement is reaching fever pitch. :) I ordered some spray Permethrin Clothing Insect Repellent. It is apparently good for 6 weeks or 6 launderings. Six weeks from departure puts us in Australia and not yet into Indonesia, Malaysia, Vietnam. Should I just bring the spray with us and treat the garments while on the ship or should I treat before we leave? Also, is the spray Permethrin allowed in checked luggage? Thanks for your help!

You may know this, but put a bag around the insect repellent clothing to keep it separate from the other items.

Keith