On Board The Wind

Mayflower1

Good morning mciucci - I am intrigued by your Post - what has the information given about Venice on a previous Cruise to do with your visit to Porto ? ( or do you mean Portofino ? ) albeit that your Picture seems to depict the view overlooking the Magera Industrial Port in Venice from what I can remember - all rather confusing.

Please be good enough to provide some more details.

Glad you asked this Mayflower as I've read the posts twice and can't get it straight. It's definitely not Portofino in that photo, but I read the post as suggesting it is:confused:

Good morning mciucci - I am intrigued by your Post - what has the information given about Venice on a previous Cruise to do with your visit to Porto ? ( or do you mean Portofino ? ) albeit that your Picture seems to depict the view overlooking the Magera Industrial Port in Venice from what I can remember - all rather confusing.

Please be good enough to provide some more details.

Perhaps you are conflating my post with the one above it? I'm new to the message board format.

We did indeed spend the 18th and disembark on the 19th from Porto Marghera and NOT Venice and you are correct, that is the lovely balcony view in the photo. My full review may add additional color and context. I wrote it and posted it yesterday but it hasn't shown up yet. If anyone knows why, (other than awaiting moderation) a quick post would be appreciated.

Edited by mciucci
incomplete

Looking forward to boarding the Wind on 22nd Rome to Venice. This will be our first time on the Wind can anyone advise who is currently CD,HD and MD.

Thought we had better sail on the smaller ships for a change,booked Cloud for South Africa next Feb.

Previous cruises have been on Shadow,Spirit and Explorer and all have been superb with excellent crew.

Good morning Elginjock - hope you have fun and smooth sailing on the Wind, we will be embarking in Venice on 1st Sept and have been advised that the ship will be docked at the main Maritime Terminal and not as hoped San Basilio ( I know not why, but a big disappointment as it is far less convenient for strolling in Venice ).

As far as I know the HD will be Gianni, the CD Colin, and the MD, Franz ( this may however change due to any number of circumstances ).

I hope this helps.

Looking forward to boarding the Wind on 22nd Rome to Venice. This will be our first time on the Wind can anyone advise who is currently CD,HD and MD.

Thought we had better sail on the smaller ships for a change,booked Cloud for South Africa next Feb.

Previous cruises have been on Shadow,Spirit and Explorer and all have been superb with excellent crew.

We are also sailing on the Wind on the 22nd. Did Silversea send y'all notice that Siracusa was replaced with Catania?

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you Duct tape apologies for not replying but I could not get logged in!

Now in Venice after a superb cruise loved our first time on the Wind.

Loved Colin and being a fellow Scot my Husband and I had the pleasure of dining with him and I agree he is one of the best C D.

Gianni the HD was charming and all the staff were excellent .

The ship is a little tired but we found that added to her charm.

Next cruise South Africa on the Cloud in Feb.

Mayflower....Enjoy your cruise,did the Wind dock at the convenient San Basilio?Glad to hear Gianni is HD and presumably back to good health.Pass on our good wishes and hope he will be with us next June/July when we look forward to joining you for the Wind cruise to the Baltic & Northern Europe.

Good afternoon Brimary - Yes all is well on The Wind - boarded yesterday in Venice ( Not San basilio as has been pinched by Asamara !!! - in the main Terminal but a shuttle has been running to san Marco which is not too bad I suppose but we do miss the convenience of SB )

Gianni is on board with his wife and he looks well - we are dining with him soon so will catch up with the News. A full ship with lots of US & canadian guests - thankfully no children yet seen !!!!. The Pool is at a very acceptable temperature !!!

We are on until barcelona so will send any gossip or observations as we proceed - we are looking forward to seeing you both nest June. Yes the ship is the age she is but I would not say overtly tired - just like an old Friend.

Good afternoon Brimary - Yes all is well on The Wind - boarded yesterday in Venice ( Not San basilio as has been pinched by Asamara !!! - in the main Terminal but a shuttle has been running to san Marco which is not too bad I suppose but we do miss the convenience of SB )

Gianni is on board with his wife and he looks well - we are dining with him soon so will catch up with the News. A full ship with lots of US & canadian guests - thankfully no children yet seen !!!!. The Pool is at a very acceptable temperature !!!

We are on until barcelona so will send any gossip or observations as we proceed - we are looking forward to seeing you both nest June. Yes the ship is the age she is but I would not say overtly tired - just like an old Friend.

Looking forward to reading your comments over the next 10 days. We have friends on board who are doing their first cruise