new silver muse

zqtchas

What an exciting time for luxury cruise travel. I just opened my email announcement from Silversea and rushed to Cruise Critic to check whether discussions and speculations have begun. With Regent Explorer launching in 2016, Seabourn Encore and the Silversea Muse being announced we are all in for a treat and I do believe a complete elevation of the ultra-luxury cruise experience. Personally I am very excited about the anticipated new build from Crystal Cruises to be launched in 2018.

Ashley

Thanks Charles, Keith for the news on the Silversea Muse.

Have told our Travel Agent to book us on the SS Muse maiden when available (am guessing this October when 2017 SS itineraries are released). We had one of our top two cruises ever on the Silver Spirit Maiden crossing back in 2010--terrific group ( of SS CCr's (wellseasoned, dougburns, dusababy, cashipman) sailed on this maiden(over 40) many of which we are very close friends with today.

Will start a roll call when Cruise Critic adds the Silversea Muse to the Silversea roll call threads.

Just heard back from our TA--bookings for the SS Muse will be available this October when the 2017 itineraries are released by SS.

Edited by WesW

We'll be looking to try out the new Silver Muse in 2nd half of 2017 (give them a few months to work out the "birthing pains"). We're booked on Regent's new Explorer in Dec. '16, for Carol's big birthday. Recently came back from the inaugural voyage of Windstar's Star Legend (nee Seabourn Legend). Liked it very much! Looking forward to trying out all the luxury new builds!

Gary

Seems that the email is taking its time to get to this side of the Atlantic. But it sounds exciting and we will be asking our agent to try to get us on the maiden voyage (depending upon where and when, of course).

It was an exciting way to wake up this morning! Silversea made a super decision to go directly to their Venetian members with the announcement.

I've already alerted my TA that we want to be on the maiden voyage :)

I can't wait to see a schematic and find out what's in store for

dining, fitness/spa and entertainment.

My opinion of Silversea is quite high. Although I do like the smaller passenger loads of Shadow & Whisper, I like the options of the slightly larger Spirit and now Muse.

There are so many new builds coming, as long as my line of choice keeps up with the competition, I have no need to go elsewhere.

Heard from Paolo a few minutes ago, Paolo is one of the regular HD's on board the Spirit. We like Paolo very, very much as a SS HD. He was our HD on the maiden Spirit crossing and he told me the plan is for him to be the HD during the Muse maiden season. Am guessing since the Muse is scheduled to float out of the Fincantieri shipyard in Genoa, that the Maiden season will be in/around the Med.

Am guessing since the Muse is scheduled to float out of the Fincantieri shipyard in Genoa, that the Maiden season will be in/around the Med.

Won't the sea trials mean it could end up anywhere? Especially if the first paying customers aren't on board til the autumn. Maybe a TA for the Caribbean season?

TotheSunset, your guess where the Spirit may start it's maiden season may also be right. My guess was based on the Med cruise the Spirit (right after it left the Fincantieri shipyards) did for it's maiden late Dec 2010, then the Spirit did it's maiden crossing (TA departed Lisbon for FLL).

Swindy, don't know if Paolo is now on board the Spirit, but he did have a FB post/pix of the Spirit last month in June on his Facebook page. EnglishUSA/David told me today that Paolo sent him a message that he will be on board the Spirit beginning in November--which means most likely he will be the HD for the Spirit's Grand Voyage beginning in Jan 2016.

Emtbsam/Victoria; we learned about the Muse here and via a push email from Cruise news. No Venetian notification for us either.

Tentative Muse Maiden Roll Call: (If I have missed you pls let me know)

Emtsbam/Victoria & Bob

Scott & Jay (need CC name)

TotheSunset

Karaoke Queen

WesW/Ida & Wes

Cashipman/Craig & Wil

Dusababy/Mary Ann

Thanks Scott.

Wellseasoned/Dieter, wonderful to have Debbie and you joining us. Pls lets full court press Dougburns.

Updated Maiden Muse Roll Call:

Emtsbam/Victoria & Bob

Cashipman/Craig & Wil

Dusababy/Mary Ann

Karaoke Queen

ScottToronto/Scott & Jay

TotheSunset

Wellseasoned/Dieter & Debbie

WesW/Ida & Wes

TotheSunset, your guess where the Spirit may start it's maiden season may also be right. My guess was based on the Med cruise the Spirit (right after it left the Fincantieri shipyards) did for it's maiden late Dec 2010, then the Spirit did it's maiden crossing (TA departed Lisbon for FLL).

Swindy, don't know if Paolo is now on board the Spirit, but he did have a FB post/pix of the Spirit last month in June on his Facebook page. EnglishUSA/David told me today that Paolo sent him a message that he will be on board the Spirit beginning in November--which means most likely he will be the HD for the Spirit's Grand Voyage beginning in Jan 2016.

Emtbsam/Victoria; we learned about the Muse here and via a push email from Cruise news. No Venetian notification for us either.

Thanks very much for the info Wes

The email announcement was in my email at 623 am on July 1. I posted it to the water cooler shortly thereafter.

Probably should have posted it in an independent thread.

We would like to be two of the 596 pax aboard as well.

Looking forward to a momentous cruise with fabulous people!

If I can talk Miss Lynn into it and if I'm still above ground by then we might try for the Fall '17 maiden crossing. I'm fairly sure that the Spring/summer cruises will be short Med cruises which are not our thing.